Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A fry-up in the morning. Is it unhealthy?

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Nah, slide it straight into the bin and tell them to do whatever the **** they like.

Anyway, I’d say your 9 year old can only fry a perfect egg for you. There is no “the” perfect egg.

Tell him what way you want your egg cooked and he’ll cook it perfectly. How dare you.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    any chance you d sell him?

None. He’s too good at eggs.

He can cook steaks and burgers too, to order.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,925 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Brian? wrote: »
    None. He’s too good at eggs.

He can cook steaks and burgers too, to order.

could do with a personal chef, and my dog needs a new friend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

An awful lot of lazy fukkers (cafes) in Ireland deep fry the fry-up which is pure lazy and a bit rotten and only exacerbates the artery clogging potential. They even deep fry the rashers FFS. I'm not having that. An Irish fry should be done on a pan, even a grill but never deep fried. I can see them now chucking the whole lot in and only leaving the egg out cos it just makes a mess of the fryer. They'd have the tomatoes and beans in there if they could get away with it. Cheeky ****ers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭worded

A mate said years ago that having a salad and then standing at school bus stop in the freezing cold didn’t work for him. You need an irish breakfast sometines

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Brian? wrote: »
    No, they're right. My 9 year old son can fry a perfect egg. My 7 year old is getting there, if he doesn't have it right in 6 months he'll be disowned.

There is no excuse for not being able to fry an egg.

Do you flip the fried egg or just keep the yolk up and spoon hot oil on it to cook the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

coolbeans wrote: »
    An awful lot of lazy fukkers (cafes) in Ireland deep fry the fry-up which is pure lazy and a bit rotten and only exacerbates the artery clogging potential. They even deep fry the rashers FFS. I'm not having that. An Irish fry should be done on a pan, even a grill but never deep fried. I can see them now chucking the whole lot in and only leaving the egg out cos it just makes a mess of the fryer. They'd have the tomatoes and beans in there if they could get away with it. Cheeky ****ers.

I'd hate to visit those type of cafes.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Do you flip the fried egg or just keep the yolk up and spoon hot oil on it to cook the top?

Depends if I want over east or sunny side up.

Personally I prefer sunny side up so I spoon oil over the yoke.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Why are fry-ups considered unhealthy?
    They’re my favourite meal and if cooked properly I don’t believe that type of food is unhealthy at all. It sustains me for most of the day and I don’t need to be snacking.

I'd imagine the eggs, sausages, pudding, rashers and butter (if you're having toast or bread with it) would probably tot up to a pretty significant amount of your recommended fat intake if not over it. There's also the fact that all of the meat is processed which I believe is associated with an increased cancer risk.

God, they are marvellous though.

Advertisement