Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 249 - Ferguson v Gaethje Sat May 9th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Lol no comment from Khabib.

Khabib on twitter: "No comment" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

Does Mcgregor have a better chin than Ferguson? F*ck no. Does he have better cardio? Nope. His chin would shatter if he took Justins punches and if it went past the second round it would only be a matter of time. Gaethje is an animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Ali right now.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47715c8d638f1f2a1f735df3a223709c3e9081ed55&rid=giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Does Mcgregor have a better chin than Ferguson? F*ck no. Does he have better cardio? Nope. His chin would shatter if he took Justins punches and if it went past the second round it would only be a matter of time. Gaethje is an animal.

Is JG gonna land before mcgregor gets him? doubt it... JG got finished by DP and eddie stop. Easy fight for Mcgregor .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

The only possible fight now for Mcgregor is vs Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

eagle eye wrote: »
    Sad to see Tony lose his win streak to an ordinary fighter like Gaethje.

Didn't look ordinary tonight. That was an absolute hammering! He smashed the #1 contender to pieces.

If Justin is ordinary, what does that make the man whose soul he just took?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Tony's deserved it, makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Cupatae wrote: »
    Is JG gonna land before mcgregor gets him? doubt it... JG got finished by DP and eddie stop. Easy fight for Mcgregor .

I think CMac could potentially win.

But JG is an easy fight for no man. Esp this version. Thats just crazy talk.

One of the best performances I have ever seen in the octagon. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Nah, he'll wait. Feel sorry for Tony as don't think he'll ever get the title fight Vs Khabib or the money fight with McGregor.

• Advertisement

Tony needs a serious lay off after that beating... that was brutal.

mangobob wrote: »
    I think CMac could potentially win.

But JG is an easy fight for no man. Esp this version. Thats just crazy talk.

One of the best performances I have ever seen in the octagon. Wow.

Infairness anyone thats hitable and willing to stand is gonna be hard pressed to beat mcgregor.

Watch what DP and Eddie did to JG, whats different about this version? other than he's abit more calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

respect to Tony though for taking on an animal like justin who was probably the most dangerous guy in the division

Almost any other fighter would have waited for the title fight

I wanted tony khabib so bad like so many others and simply because he beat everyone else but now I want jg khabib just as bad

mailburner wrote: »
    respect to Tony though for taking on an animal like justin who was probably the most dangerous guy in the division

Almost any other fighter would have waited for the title fight

I wanted tony khabib so bad like so many others and simply because he beat everyone else but now I want jg khabib just as bad

Yeah TF is game infairness to him serious heart and chin, i honestly think he d have done better vs khabib, styles make fights and all that.

Infairness anyone thats hitable and willing to stand is gonna be hard pressed to beat mcgregor.

Watch what DP and Eddie did to JG, whats different about this version? other than he's abit more calm.

seriously?

you can't tell the difference? it like night and day

he could never have gotten to this point fighting the way he fought dp and eddie

What a card tho!

Yeah TF is game infairness to him serious heart and chin, i honestly think he d have done better vs khabib, styles make fights and all that.

so do I and we'll probably never see that now

justin will be equally tough for khabib though imo

seriously?

you can't tell the difference? it like night and day

he could never have gotten to this point fighting the way he fought dp and eddie

Honestly i think you ve abit of recency bias...His abit more meassured but he is still just leg kicking and swinging for the fences... TF made him look good with 0 defense, im not saying his bad, i just think CMG is a bad match up for him.

so do I and we'll probably never see that now

justin will be equally tough for khabib though imo

Yeah he has the wressling atleast on paper and the cardio if this fights anything to go by, gonna be proper interesting if he can keep it standing i dont see khabib taking the shots he landed on tony.

Apart from that uppercut at the end of Round 2 and an unorthodox leg sweep, Tony couldn't really get near Gaethje. Granted I've only seen 5 or 6 of his fights, but that was the most mature, smartest fight I've seen from Gaethje yet. That makes him a whole different animal and contender IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Ye still might see Tony Khabib, but not for a title, I'd love if Justin had planned his capture of the lightweight throne from Khabib by hiding his wrestling for years in the octagon and then hijack Khabib in a title decider by wrestling.

Honestly i think you ve abit of recency bias...His abit more meassured but he is still just leg kicking and swinging for the fences... TF made him look good with 0 defense, im not saying his bad, i just think CMG is a bad match up for him.

You can't say he's swinging for the fences, fought a perfect fight there and is simply a wrecking machine

cmg might fancy his chances now alright

with regard to tf I think cmg wouldn't hesitate to take that now

• Registered Users Posts: 25 itsGOOSEYx

TF v CMG & KN v JG

Y i dont see khabib taking the shots he landed on tony.

Same as that

cmg has a pretty good chin, would be a great match up in fairness should it ever happen and it the kind of fight the conor would love

itsGOOSEYx wrote: »
    TF v CMG & KN v JG

I wanna see Diaz vs TF the blood would flow! lol

I think TF pay wise deserves the CMG fight.... brain damage wise i hope he doesnt get it, as cool and all as it is to say his indestructable... he has to be taken some serious damage from the way he fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I wanna see Diaz vs TF the blood would flow! lol

I think TF pay wise deserves the CMG fight.... brain damage wise i hope he doesnt get it, as cool and all as it is to say his indestructable... he has to be taken some serious damage from the way he fights.

Same as Diaz v Tony would be crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Macdarack wrote: »
    Ye still might see Tony Khabib, but not for a title, I'd love if Justin had planned his capture of the lightweight throne from Khabib by hiding his wrestling for years in the octagon and then hijack Khabib in a title decider by wrestling.

We might finally see Gaethje use his wrestling against Khabib, but it'll not be offensive. His best shot at winning that fight will be landing that left hook repeatedly as Khabib won't be able to just keep taking them.

You can't say he's swinging for the fences, fought a perfect fight there and is simply a wrecking machine

cmg might fancy his chances now alright

with regard to tf I think cmg wouldn't hesitate to take that now

I think his the same as his always been, just more measured and gets involved in less dumb exchanges when he doesnt need to. Infairness JG has always been good he was undefeated before he got to the UFC. I just think style wise mcgregor is real bad match up for him, if DP and EA can stop him Mcgregor can aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 itsGOOSEYx

Diaz v TF would be an all out brawl!

Funny how CMG is turning into a give someone a payday almost for people. Diaz, Cowboy and now it'll be mentioned for TF too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

itsGOOSEYx wrote: »
    Diaz v TF would be an all out brawl!

Funny how CMG is turning into a give someone a payday almost for people. Diaz, Cowboy and now it'll be mentioned for TF too.

What else is he going to do if he can't beat khabib?

Advertisement