Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVII-24,841 in ROI (1,639 deaths) 4,679 in NI (518 deaths)(28/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

He is clearly closer than 2 meters in the photos and video,

You literally have no idea of measurements if you think other wise,
    He's about 2 foot from his friends in some of the pics,

The only person he is clearly not 2 meters from in the photos I have seen is his partner, who he lives with. The other 2 may or may not be slightly within 2 meters, but short of forcing everyone to surround themselves with a ring, the best anyone can do is guesstimate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/ireland-s-coronavirus-restrictions-may-lift-more-quickly-if-case-numbers-keep-falling-1.4261412

If they opened on 17th of May then around 1st of June we should see another bump in the figures. At the moment people are spreading/catching the virus but it takes time to incubate.

I bet next week they will be calling for a lockdown extension and shame people. Very predictable but as usual the jurnos can't see it.

Late july seems crazy, Spain allready easing things here and was a lot worse.
    Bars open again today!!! reduced capacity but a good start, and people that had holidays booked for July you should be able to come, Spain opening it's borders from July....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Good news for the Montenegrin tourist industry, as that country is the first sovereign state in Europe to become covid-free:

https://www.sarajevotimes.com/montenegro-second-country-in-europe-to-be-free-of-active-coronavirus-cases/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-blow-for-brazils-bolsonaro-as-us-imposes-new-travel-ban-11994260

USA imposes travel ban on Brazil
    Kayleigh McEnany, the White House's press secretary, said the new restrictions would help ensure foreign nationals do not bring additional infections to the US.
    Pot meet kettle

• Registered Users Posts: 20,535 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The only person he is clearly not 2 meters from in the photos I have seen is his partner, who he lives with. The other 2 may or may not be slightly within 2 meters, but short of forcing everyone to surround themselves with a ring, the best anyone can do is guesstimate

Eh no he is clearly with two meters of all four people he's with, it astounds me the amount of people with no idea of what 2 meters is,

If you can't see the issue with the figure head of our country breaking the rules he reads out to the nation , then go ahead continue to bury your head in the sand,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Median incubation period is ~5 days, if here would still be noticeable community spread we should have seen an uptick already.
    So far it looks to be mostly localised outbreaks where distancing measures couldn't be impemented that keep the cases going.
    We'll see a better picture towards the end of the week.

This bug really seems to be a close quarters crowd rider. The moment crowds get eliminated, case counts nosedive.

Spare a thought for those most worried about the virus. :)

Eh no he is clearly with two meters of all four people he's with, it astounds me the amount of people with no idea of what 2 meters is,

If you can't see the issue with the figure head of our country breaking the rules he reads out to the nation , then go ahead continue to bury your head in the sand,

Clearly you have seen a different photo than I have then. All 3 other people in the video are closer to the camera, and unless you know the relative positions its impossible to know for certain. But two of them appear to be very close to 2 meters and could be a few inches either way. The other person is his partner.
    No one can know if they are exactly two meters away from another, that's why its a guideline to adhered to if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

ECDC stats updated to include what appeared to be an issue with the UK reporting new cases in the last few days. UK still the main contributor of cases obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

There is no problem. There is no risk. I think we need to see this for what it is - he is using code and deliberately undermining Supreme Leader Tony by sending a message to the masses that 1 metre is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,684 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Kilkenny becoming a mini epicentre . + 4.7 % in cases, while others counties are 0.2% .

• Advertisement

Presumably there's a meat factory there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Kilkenny becoming a mini epicentre . + 4.7 % in cases, while others counties are 0.2% .

Having local knowledge, I can sadly confirm there is one particular nursing home that has become over-run in the last few weeks and it's obviously beginning to show in the statistics now.

Is that because there is a meat packing plant there or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

thelad95 wrote: »
    Having local knowledge, I can sadly confirm there is one particular nursing home that has become over-run in the last few weeks and it's obviously beginning to show in the statistics now.

It is very sad hearing these stories. When this is done, there will rightfully be a hard look at what was not done with the nursing homes while the Minister was fixated with curtains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

It is very sad hearing these stories. When this is done, there will rightfully be a hard look at what was not done with the nursing homes while the Minister was fixated with curtains.

There will be no accountability though. A systems failure will be blamed and condolences to the families concerned. Report filed in the bin, as is the norm in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The images of Leo having a few drinks in the Phoenix Park yesterday confirm that the social distancing guidelines are done with.

We need to move the phases forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The images of Leo having a few drinks in the Phoenix Park yesterday confirm that the social distancing guidelines are done with.

We need to move the phases forward.

How? He didn't break a single guideline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

On the RTÉ news just there, the story of the elderly man getting covid19 and recovering giving a message for people to comply and follow the guidance. Meanwhile, RTÉ fail to include a caveat that his own reckless behaviours lead to him getting covid19 by still living with his nurse daughter.

https://twitter.com/electo_mania/status/1264886779825569792

Basically translates as "The Government (Spanish) will eliminate quarantine for all foreign tourists from July 1st".

How? He didn't break a single guideline?

I think that's not relevant. It doesn't look good and confirms that people are now much more relaxed about the whole thing.

The phases need to be brought forward.

This isn't an anti Leo thing. I couldn't care what he does on a Sunday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think that's not relevant. It doesn't look good and confirms that people are now much more relaxed about the whole thing.

This isn't an anti Leo thing. I couldn't care what he does on a Sunday afternoon.

This makes no sense. How does him adhering to the current restrictions mean they need to be brought forward?

This makes no sense. How does him adhering to the current restrictions mean they need to be brought forward?

Look at the images!

We are living in a farcical situation at the moment. The black market is rife and house parties are happening all over the place, almost daily.

We need to get real about this.

A completely new approach to how we house senior citizens needs to be considered, not just in the sense of better protection from communicable disease, but they should be beautiful places to spend the last years of your life, but they are some of the most depressing places I have ever been . And it's really sad, can't imagine how grim they are currently everyone dying around you in their beds

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Astounds me the amount of people with no idea of what compressed perspective is.

Only shot that gives accurate spacing of a non-linear group is from directly overhead.

As may be seen from my previous post, believe SV is a waste of space, but these posts commenting on a click-bait image are senseless as are the continued references to 'old image' hours after the verification link to the II was posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Whats the story with slaughterhouses being a big epicentre? - all over the world it seems..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,031 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Some good news (Irish Times) :

The Government will consider accelerating the lifting of Covid-19 restrictions if the number of new cases continues to decline, with Taoiseach Leo Varadkar mulling making an announcement in early June on easing aspects of the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Late july seems crazy, Spain allready easing things here and was a lot worse.
    Bars open again today!!! reduced capacity but a good start, and people that had holidays booked for July you should be able to come, Spain opening it's borders from July....

Yeah - cos Spain really have shown how to manage things :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,684 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What nursing home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Whats the story with slaughterhouses being a big epicentre? - all over the world it seems..

People working very closely in cold environments seems to be ideal for spreading. Also been suggested that it's lower paid workers so generally living together in packed houses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭VonLuck

How did you exactly arrive at that conclusion? Him not breaking social distancing rules or other restrictions suddenly "confirms that people are now much more relaxed about the whole thing"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement