Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fail on 14%

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Maybe I am reading this wrong

For Fianna Fail the poll is even more complicated. On the one hand their drop in support to just 18% (a fall of 4% since the election) could be seized on by those against any grand coalition, to show what might happen to the party if they enter government with Fine Gael. On the other hand, those pressing to be part of government with Fine Gael, might argue that the party would benefit far more being seen to be part of the action, and is clearly suffering by being on the outside at the moment

You're on the wrong Hymn sheet.

See link. It is the poll form the 3rd May. 14%.

https://www.redcresearch.ie/extraordinary-times-brings-extraordinary-party-support/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    You're on the wrong Hymn sheet.

See link. It is the poll form the 3rd May. 14%.

https://www.redcresearch.ie/extraordinary-times-brings-extraordinary-party-support/

Thanks.....couldnt find that one...

Which proves the point, it is up and down like a yo yo so how relevant are these polls?

Virus over tomorrow and everyone remember the Childrens hospital and FG are back down the bottom.....

Just look at the independents....down to 5% and back to 8% based on what?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,165 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Which proes the point, it is up and down like a yo yo so how relevant are these polls?

Virus over tomorrow and everyone remember the Childrens hospital and FG are back down the bottom.....

It has fallen steadily from before the election (Some describe it as freefall).

You are the guy that is all over other threads going on about how useless and ineffective SF are, yet here is FF falling steadily and you are handwaving away any implications and predicting a resurgence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Which proes the point, it is up and down like a yo yo so how relevant are these polls?

Agreed. But it still is a major kick in the teeth for the Fianna Fáil electorate. They would want to be shaping up and now would not be the time to be star gazing. They are leaking votes to Sinn Fein left right and centre. If Micheál does not address this there could be a further split from more hardline republicans. It is an issue that they would be wise not to ignore.

I am flicking through the current TD's now, it would be interesting to see which ones would consider jumping ship by the time 2025 rolls around?

Sinn Féin have their own issues now also. With a bigger herd they have more bullshight to reign in everythime it gets spewed further down the line. It didn't take long for even its' more prominent members to get a ticking for talking out of the gutter the night of the results. There will be more phuck ups, they are good like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bla. Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bunkum, another attempt at derailing this thread again!

Not falling for it this time :)

Says the chap posted ignorantly about SF in a FF thread. Do you know what 'derail' means? By derail you mean me responding directly to your post and advising you raise your game?
    Dodge away.

• Advertisement

It has fallen steadily from before the election (Some describe it as freefall).

You are the guy that is all over other threads going on about how useless and ineffective SF are, yet here is FF falling steadily and you are handwaving away any implications and predicting a resurgence.

This is a FF thread, try to keep SF out of at least one of your post

I said from the very first one of these when FG went down and I think FF went up or stayed the same they are useless

So what exactly have I changed in the past few months? Im still saying the exact same thing, or did I change????

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Agreed. But it still is a major kick in the teeth for the Fianna Fáil electorate. They would want to be shaping up and now would not be the time to be star gazing. They are leaking votes to Sinn Fein left right and centre. If Micheál does not address this there could be a further split from more hardline republicans. It is an issue that they would be wise not to ignore.

I am flicking through the current TD's now, it would be interesting to see which ones would consider jumping ship by the time 2025 rolls around?

Sinn Féin have their own issues now also. With a bigger herd they have more bullshight to reign in everythime it gets spewed further down the line. It didn't take long for even its' more prominent members to get a ticking for talking out of the gutter the night of the results. There will be more phuck ups, they are good like that.

Not much any party can do at the moment. For the FF voters MM is on social media giving nearly daily updates.

In the back ground he is working away to create a new government. FG was always going to get a bump with the crisis. In a crisis people always want to think the leaders are doing the best for them, to be far Leo has done a decent job.

If the government gets formed then MM will be front and centre, expect a similar shift.

I dont think anyone has lost voters since the last election. If they turned around tomorrow and said they would run another election I would expect FF and FG to do similar, maybe both taking back some of those revolt voters who left. Like I would expect the likes of Violet Anne and a few others wouldnt get in because everyone has seen what is behind the SF box they ticked.

Anyway I doubt it will happen, country doesnt need another election. FF/FG/Green will be a good combo, I hope the Greens push a few decent policies in and we could be in good shape for 5 years.

This is a FF thread, try to keep SF out of at least one of your post
    I made the point the 'Michael Martin may be the most distrusted leader on this island' on foot of the latest polling data (you spent a wee bit of wasted time trying to pretend didn't exist :))
    You answered:

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Unfortunealty for Mary Lou she had the chance to get rid of that title on the Late Late but failed spectacularly when questions about "Up da Ra" politician.

This is the issue with SF, Mary Lou does somethign good but will always get dragged down by the rest of the party.

Good one. Had a good laugh there. :)
    I said from the very first one of these when FG went down and I think FF went up or stayed the same they are useless

So what exactly have I changed in the past few months? Im still saying the exact same thing, or did I change????

The last few elections show that the trend of these polls is generally fairly accurate. Keep the head in the sand there...FF obviously are, as they are leaking votes everywhere.

I made the point the 'Michael Martin may be the most distrusted leader on this island' on foot of the latest polling data (you spent a wee bit of wasted time trying to pretend didn't exist :))
    You answered:

Good one. Had a good laugh there. :)

The last few elections show that the trend of these polls is generally fairly accurate. Keep the head in the sand there...FF obviously are, as they are leaking votes everywhere.

Again another reference to SF.....

I will refer back to my answer ages ago.
    How exactly are you going to qualify if MM is or isn't?

Care to answer?

Again another reference to SF.....

I will refer back to my answer ages ago.

Care to answer?

If MM is or isn't what?

• Advertisement

If MM is or isn't what?

Exactly, down the rabbit hole. Thanks I will leave you at it

Exactly, down the rabbit hole. Thanks I will leave you at it

What?

You won't address questions/posts on FF and even though you bring SF into the conversation when you feel the need you are giving out about others mentioning about them.

In a bit of a hoop there Shef?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Bowie wrote: »
    Says the chap posted ignorantly about SF in a FF thread. Do you know what 'derail' means? By derail you mean me responding directly to your post and advising you raise your game?
    Dodge away.

And you can sod off back to mars, you've been total pants since your Ziggy days....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

And you can sod off back to mars, you've been total pants since your Ziggy days....

You posted ****e talk, got called out on it and are refusing to engage. No worries.
    Blackstar is a master piece, (as is Low) btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Bowie wrote: »
    You posted ****e talk, got called out on it and are refusing to engage. No worries.
    Blackstar is a master piece, (as is Low) btw.

Lest face it #239 was not your finest post :rolleyes:

I'm definitely not engaging with you as your sole purpose (along with two other posters) is to make this thread into yet another SF love zone, so may I suggest you go away and play with Major Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Martin on Prime Time now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus hes some weasel. I shudder at the thoughts of him as taoiseach

ricero wrote: »
    Jasus hes some weasel. I shudder at the thoughts of him as taoiseach

I could handle Leo or Eamonn as Taoiseach but I honestly think we would make an awful mistake letting him in.

I missed our glorious leader, must watch tomorrow

Watched the first 7 mins, miriam is f**king useless as ususl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Watched the first 7 mins, miriam is f**king useless as ususl
    Glad that you are not surprised by "the nations sweetheart" smarmy performance ( ah but she has 8 kids)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I missed our glorious leader, must watch tomorrow

Who might your glorious leader be may I ask:confused:

McMurphy wrote: »

Im guessing micheal martin....ff polling at 8% in capital shows how poorly most view him though

He is in line for an absolute horrid time as the most unpopular taoiseach in history of state and varadkar has walked him straight into a trap

Edgware wrote: »
    Glad that you are not surprised by "the nations sweetheart" smarmy performance ( ah but she has 8 kids)

She is woeful, like asking how this year we will reduce CO2....even MM laughed ;)

She kept cutting in and not even making valid points. F**king terrible.

MM is right, polls are irrelevant. He done very well.

Listened to it all, he was excellent. Clear on all the subject, good answers. Very impressed. Would have been better if Miriam had to make some sense, jumping on RedC poll and then half way through interview going back to it, idiot

McMurphy wrote: »

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSIVzsM_3RyoSrbVn45eJxjGq_7Igedh7qV6SAhrOCgoXZ9z1g8&usqp=CAU

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSIVzsM_3RyoSrbVn45eJxjGq_7Igedh7qV6SAhrOCgoXZ9z1g8&usqp=CAU

Well,

Thats enough internet for one day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Stuff is heading South and Rapidly South ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭Floppybits

He is in line for an absolute horrid time as the most unpopular taoiseach in history of state and varadkar has walked him straight into a trap

He doesn't care about that, all MM cares about is being Taoiseach, it doesn't matter if its a day, a week or a year as long as he gets into the Taoiseach seat that is all the matters. The man is obsessed with it and will even destroy his party to achieve it. Not that that would be a bad thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭Floppybits

She is woeful, like asking how this year we will reduce CO2....even MM laughed ;)

She kept cutting in and not even making valid points. F**king terrible.

MM is right, polls are irrelevant. He done very well.

Listened to it all, he was excellent. Clear on all the subject, good answers. Very impressed. Would have been better if Miriam had to make some sense, jumping on RedC poll and then half way through interview going back to it, idiot

Either you are a WUM or deluded?

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »
    He doesn't care about that, all MM cares about is being Taoiseach, it doesn't matter if its a day, a week or a year as long as he gets into the Taoiseach seat that is all the matters. The man is obsessed with it and will even destroy his party to achieve it. Not that that would be a bad thing. :)

How is he destroying the party?

Advertisement