Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fail on 14%

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,162 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Floppybits wrote: »
    He doesn't care about that, all MM cares about is being Taoiseach, it doesn't matter if its a day, a week or a year as long as he gets into the Taoiseach seat that is all the matters. The man is obsessed with it and will even destroy his party to achieve it. Not that that would be a bad thing. :)

He (MM) trended for a while on Twitter after his interview last night and that would have been the consensus:

all MM cares about is being Taoiseach,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Either you are a WUM or deluded?

No idea what a WUM is

He (MM) trended for a while on Twitter after his interview last night and that would have been the consensus:

all MM cares about is being Taoiseach,

All every poltician cares about is being Taoiseach

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Except eoin o broin.....he just wants to sort housing and homelessness :/

You need to get out more of Fianna Fail.

*and burn your photo collection.

• Advertisement

A few days ago you accused me of been a FG fan, also numerous times a finbot. Now you are saying FF?

You really should make up your mind shouldn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭Floppybits

He wont have a choice soon when FG gobble them up after MM leads them into government with FG just to fulfil his obsession of being Taoiseach.

A few days ago you accused me of been a FG fan, also numerous times a finbot. Now you are saying FF?

Its literally the same thing :pac:

You outed yourself above ^ in your genuflection to the 'leader'. FGer defending FF or FFer defending FG...no discernible difference to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

He doesn't care about that, all MM cares about is being Taoiseach, it doesn't matter if its a day, a week or a year as long as he gets into the Taoiseach seat that is all the matters. The man is obsessed with it and will even destroy his party to achieve it. Not that that would be a bad thing. :)
    By the time Michaél Martin is finished there will be FG and Sinn Féin.

Most of Ff will merge with Fg ( they are after all the same party now )

What’s left will Join Sinn Féin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭Floppybits

blinding wrote: »

Or the Soc Dems.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

blinding wrote: »

Its entertaining to see some of you fight over the carcass of old style Irish republicanism but most of us are looking at a bigger and more relevant picture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Or the Soc Dems.
    More Sinn Féin gene pool I’d say.

You outed yourself above ^ in your genuflection to the 'leader'. FGer defending FF or FFer defending FG...no discernible difference to me.

I told you weeks ago I was a FF supporter when you first accused me of been a finbot :p

First Up wrote: »
    Its entertaining to see some of you fight over the carcass of old style Irish republicanism but most of us are looking at a bigger and more relevant picture.

So what is the bigger and more relevant picture ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

There’s an almost overwhelming irony in FrnacieBrady telling someone to get out more. You spend 18 hours a day moving between this site and the journal defending a party you claim you voted for the first time for in the last election.

It’s not a good look, Francie. And it’s having the very opposite effect than you think it’s having.

I told you weeks ago I was a FF supporter when you first accused me of been a finbot :p

I never accused anyone here of being a 'bot' Shef.
    FGer wearing FF clothes - FFer wearing FG clothes...we have had that for 100 years. Gits confusing.

There’s an almost overwhelming irony in FrnacieBrady telling someone to get out more. You spend 18 hours a day moving between this site and the journal defending a party you claim you voted for the first time for in the last election.

It’s not a good look, Francie. And it’s having the very opposite effect that you think it’s having.

I'm out in the sun having a cold pint glass of fizzy after spending the morning building a wall with two mates.

How is your day going?
    If posting to boards.ie is taking you longer than a minute or two at a time, you either need to review your broadband contract, your 'puter/phone equipment or your typing skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,446 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I'm out in the sun having a cold pint glass of fizzy after spending the morning building a wall with two mates.

How is your day going?
    If posting to boards.ie is taking you longer than a minute or two at a time, you either need to review your broadband contract, your 'puter/phone equipment or your typing skills.

You have posted 15 times since 10 a.m. this morning, an average of one post every twelve minutes. Allowing for time to stop building the wall, take your phone out of your pocket, read the latest posts and respond, I would guess that is the last wall your two mates will ask you to help building.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You have posted 15 times since 10 a.m. this morning, an average of one post every twelve minutes. Allowing for time to stop building the wall, take your phone out of your pocket, read the latest posts and respond, I would guess that is the last wall your two mates will ask you to help building.

Oops...the internet police are here. With nothing to say on the thread topic, they are in attack the poster mode.

• Advertisement

Oops...the internet police are here. With nothing to say on the thread topic, they are in attack the poster mode.

How is your day going?

I am not attacking the poster, just pointing to the impossibility of the statement you made.

Someone stated you spent all your time on boards and the journal, you countered with the statement that you built a wall this morning, I just looked to see the evidence of which statement was more likely to be true. That is all.

Bowie wrote: »
    You obviously don't understand much. Why on earth would a defunct self professed army of freedom fighters do that? It would go against their whole reason for existing. What a stupid supposition. And to try use it in the manner which you have, like it's an embarrassing chink in the armour of politicians, many of whom had no dealings with the IRA is the height of being plain silly and childish.
    There was a Good Friday Peace agreement, which it seems many in FG are willing to ignore to get a few little digs in. For comparison, FG's much vaunted Tan/RIC were legitimate...great bunch of lads....maybe not 'in our name!'.
    Your post reads like a 1950's priest protesting a dinner dance ffs...

As for FF, 'tis there thread after all, read up on Haughey and arms smuggling.
    So Junkyard, for some reason I sense from you more than a little hankering for the good old days, when the armalite, stakeknife, & semtex were king :cool:

So with this in mind, here goes, specially for you.

There is no argument amongst all Irish & British parties (bar Sinn Fein) that the actions of the PIRA during the Troubles were unauthorised, evil and without our consent, hence their actions were not carried out in our name!

The Provos delt with anybody who got in their way (Protestant, Catholic, Unionist or Nationalist), all victims either had with their knee caps blown off, or their legs shredded (semtex), or sometimes even their heads were taken off (semtex again), other victims were made disappear, sometimes found years later with an extra hole in their skull.

Thankfully Adams has left the stage, leaving his bloody footprints as he went, leaving Mary Lou to take the movement to a higher level, however...

Mary Lou must now admit, that Adams PIRA campaign was nothing less than an unauthorised Terrorist campaign, waged without any consent from the Irish people.

Once SF acknowledge this (unlikely), then there might be talks with Fianna Fail, at some point in the distant future?

I am more than a little confused by Bowie's response to this.

Hammerchops asks that Sinn Fein acknowledge that "Adams PIRA campaign was nothing less than an unauthorised Terrorist campaign, waged without any consent from the Irish people." In response, Bowie asks "Why on earth would a defunct self professed army of freedom fighters do that?"

I have been told many times that Sinn Fein and the IRA are not the same thing, but the argument made by Bowie is that they are. That is confusing.

Let's be clear, nobody is asking the IRA to apologise for what they did, they wouldn't make that apology, no group of thuggish criminals ever apologises. The ask is that Sinn Fein acknowledge that the IRA campaign was wrong and that it never had popular support. A simple ask and one that would change the dynamics and allow me to collect on my bet of a SF/FF government.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Im guessing micheal martin....ff polling at 8% in capital shows how poorly most view him though

He is in line for an absolute horrid time as the most unpopular taoiseach in history of state and varadkar has walked him straight into a trap
    Not at all. The people's expectations have fallen after Covid19 so any reasonable improvement will be welcomed. The E.U. E.C.B. etc will be throwing out money to get the economies going again. A Taoiseach taking power at a boom time has a far worse job as every lefty loony like Rich Boy and pretend lefty like the fishwife would never shut up demanding more spending

I am not attacking the poster, just pointing to the impossibility of the statement you made.

Someone stated you spent all your time on boards and the journal, you countered with the statement that you built a wall this morning, I just looked to see the evidence of which statement was more likely to be true. That is all.

boards.ie is not about me, nor is this thread. I kindly invite you to mind your business and to keep to the topics of the threads.

I find the stalking a bit weird and uncomfortable. If you can counter the points I make, well and good, happy to debate with anyone.
    Your obsessions should be kept private.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

boards.ie is not about me, nor is this thread. I kindly invite you to mind your business and to keep to the topics of the threads.

I find the stalking a bit weird and uncomfortable. If you can counter the points I make, well and good, happy to debate with anyone.
    Thanks.

Nice cowardly answer there.

I'd still be interested to see pictures of the wall though

Thanks.

I have yet to see any point made?

If you give me a hint on where they are?

I have yet to see any point made?

If you give me a hint on where they are?

Having freefallen to 14% of the vote in the polls, is Michael Martin the most distrusted leader on the island? If 'not' then what does his abject performance of leading this party into an election and the party's continued fall mean?
    Will a new leader fix it or is the body politic of the party itself in deep trouble?

Personally I think it's a mixture of both, deep distrust of Martin personally and the party trying too hard to be all things to all people and ending up standing for nothing.

Point was made before and ignored by yourself.

Surely you should report the posts,if you have an issue with them

There is nothing there,refuting anything he has posted,only complaining about his posts/posting habits?

In short,create dont hate

Nice cowardly answer there.

I'd still be interested to see pictures of the wall though

What answer were you expecting?

No, you cannot see pictures of a wall...DIY forum is where you need to be if that stuff interests you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Shefwedfan wrote:
    So what is the bigger and more relevant picture ?

The task of restoring the European and global economy when the virus has been eradicated.

Advertisement