Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Broadband 29.99, 12 month contract

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭893bet

29.99 a month? Good deal.

How ever them paying me 29.99 a month would not be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yankinlk wrote: »
    i had to login to the My Eir portal to find out my account number so i could register that formal complaint. When i logged on it indicated i was no longer using their services (which is correct). But within an hour... they generated a new bill automatically and added another months service charge! and this triggered emails and a text.

I actually dont think anyone works in Eir anymore - its simply powered by automation and bots. not kidding.

You’d think that Mary that does up the bills would have seen that you made a complaint and not billed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You’d think that Mary that does up the bills would have seen that you made a complaint and not billed you.

More than likely Mary was told but like the rest of Eir, she just couldn't be arsed listening and ignored the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭893bet

colm_mcm wrote: »

Def was mentioned in the morning huddle

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

TheTorment wrote: »
    Have to agree with the sentiments towards eir and their "customer support". It really is that bad.

I am in contract with eir for FTTH until the end of the month. I tried to get in touch to negotiate a new contract as the price was jumping from 40-99 up to 69-99 per month. Ive had the service the past 2 years and it works very well...until something goes wrong.

Id say that over the past couple of years Ive had reason to contact them 5/6 times due to lack of service/service breakdown. I was NEVER once able to get any results by contacting them by phone, twitter or online chat. Their customer service is appalling. You wait an age to get through...then you get jumped from agent to agent to department to department until someone eventually hangs up on you. I kid you not!
    Ive had to bring my issue to Comreg 3 times just to get eir to engage with me.

This past 2 week Ive tried ringing each morning from 9am. I ring and leave the call on speaker and get on with other things.
    Each call has the same result:
    Wait anywhere on hold from 44 mins to 1hour and 23mins
    Eventually the hold music ends...the call is answered as you can sometimes here background noise and then the call is hung up.

There has been NO online chat for customer care for months now....but the online chat prompts you to engage as soon as you are buying a service...I clicked on it to see if they could help....but they are only involved in sales (which is fair enough)
    Twitter agents tell you to DM them all your details so they can assist you further and then eventually tell you to ring the customer care number....its a joke.

I do understand that with Covid restrictions and people working from home but these problems were there long before Covid. It really is frustrating.

I contacted Vodafone yesterday and have switched to them. They contacted me today with a date for installation this Thursday. As it happens this didnt suit so I rang to reschedule. Within minutes I had an agent who was able to sort me out with a new date. So its bye bye eir from me.

I just know that there is going to be a problem with the final billing and possible continued billing from eir. Watch this space!!

My advice stay away.....

Incidentally Vodafone are offering me 500mb ftth and phone for €30 per month with no installation fee. Thats a bargain!!

For sure there will be a problem cancelling. They charged me for 2 months after I cancelled and I even have the email with date confirming cancellation date. I've tried so many times to get in touch with them iv just decided to let them keep the money. I got my bank to cancel the direct debit and sure enough the next month they got in touch to say my payment had failed. All the while they have sent me out a parcel motel box looking for their equipment back which you would assume means they know I have cancelled.
    The customer service is so bad I just laugh now
    No point even engaging with them. I just make sure to tell anyone, that ever brings anything about broadband up, to never ever go near them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

TheTorment wrote: »
    Twitter agents tell you to DM them all your details so they can assist you further and then eventually tell you to ring the customer care number....its a joke.

I contacted them on Twitter about the impossibility of getting through on the phone (minor billing issue) and outlined my problem. Same reply - DM my details and they would sort it for me.

Response from Eir? Ring the number that I can't get through on as they are unable to assist me from from Twitter! I asked them was there anything that they could do from Twitter and was sent a cut and paste reply about their opening hours :confused: :mad:

I am happy enough with the Eir FTTH service itself, but the lack of customer care and seeing the myriad similar experiences from others is driving me away. I'm also anticipating the same difficulty with leaving and being continually charged, so once I successfully leave it will be never, ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

rogieop wrote: »
    For sure there will be a problem cancelling. They charged me for 2 months after I cancelled and I even have the email with date confirming cancellation date. I've tried so many times to get in touch with them iv just decided to let them keep the money. I got my bank to cancel the direct debit and sure enough the next month they got in touch to say my payment had failed. All the while they have sent me out a parcel motel box looking for their equipment back which you would assume means they know I have cancelled.
    The customer service is so bad I just laugh now
    No point even engaging with them. I just make sure to tell anyone, that ever brings anything about broadband up, to never ever go near them.

If they overcharged you via direct debit and it's within 8 weeks, just go into the bank and request a refund for whatever the overcharged amount was.
    It's just a matter of filling in a form.

Advertisement