Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Broadband 29.99, 12 month contract

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

yankinlk wrote: »
    So that is the exact boat i find myself in. This is all started with a simple 2 euro mistake initially on their billing. I have removed all services since I cant justify waiting for them to fix - or me going on hold for hours...

What did you do with the automated bills - just totally ignore them? As i said previously they did ring me once to try and retain me - but they have never fixed any of the issues i raised.

I got automated bills for nearly 2 plus years later,,all minus 11 c whatever that was all about,no matter what did they said they couldn't stop them, shower of wasters, how they actually get paid for this ineptness I don't know

Darc19 wrote: »
    The funny thing is Eir sell a very small range of products.

Broadband, mobile, TV and home phone.

That's basically it.

Problem is their marketing dept devise new "offers" so often that no one knows what is what on any day of the week.

Three used to be like that and then they changed to their current system about 3 or 4 years ago and haven't changed it since. 4 Simple options including sim only that everyone can understand.

Irrespective of how they dress it up, they are absolutely gob****es in their customer care service

Is it or early to ring eir to say I’m leaving to try and get a better deal my contract ends July 4th?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

You can cancel today if you want.
    AFAIK, the most they can charge you as a penalty is the remainder of your contract ie. 1.5 months.

Soarer wrote: »
    You can cancel today if you want.
    AFAIK, the most they can charge you as a penalty is the remainder of your contract ie. 1.5 months.

I’m paying €72 a month for tv in two rooms and internet and phone but I want to cancel and sign up my partner 150mb fibre and tv for €40 for 12 months and free Apple TV box and amazon prime.

If I ask to leave they probably just give me that price I only want tv in one room I don’t need the second tv box or phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

yankinlk wrote: »
    Yes, they charged 79 euro for the telly thing (that everyone hates and has no redeeming qualities. Not one person in my house would use the horrible interface so i cancelled from non-use). They also charged 39 euro for the modem (which is a many years old model... in fact i think i have two.

I dont get the concept of billing for modems after a customer leaves. Its like - i see you didnt like our service, and have opted for a competitors. Well, just so we can ensure you tell 20 or 30 people about how terrible your experience is with us, here is a nasty bill for junk you dont want or need after you leave.
    Thats awful, sounds like it's to prevent customers from cancelling their contracts. This must be a new thing.
    I think there's also a cancellation fee. So if you terminate your contract then they charge you 100€...
    Maybe the best thing is to cut them off from the bank account and then call them to say you're done with Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

TheDriver wrote: »
    Eir seems to have cracking deal. If you go through one big switch, its free activation and 50 back. I know Eir is annoying to deal with but can't argue with price

Beware the eir, the actual broadband is fine but there customer service is absolutely terrible, big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Beware the eir, the actual broadband is fine but there customer service is absolutely terrible, big time.

If only someone on thread had mentioned it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Thats awful, sounds like it's to prevent customers from cancelling their contracts. This must be a new thing.
    I think there's also a cancellation fee. So if you terminate your contract then they charge you 100€...
    Maybe the best thing is to cut them off from the bank account and then call them to say you're done with Eircom.

I didn't cancel early, i was a loyal customer and out of contract. I left because they were unresponsive to a small billing issue.
    So they say they will ask for gear back via a letter, they did not send it. I manually registered to give back the gear thru parcel motel but they didn't send details on how to deposit in PM either.

The only thing they are good at is sending erroneous Bill's. I have emails, I have text messages, almost daily reminding me to be sure to pay for stuff I dont owe and no longer want.

Do not join eir for anything. The day you sign up is the day you will regret it.

Off the phone with Eir

Paying €72 best deal I could get was €55 for six months then it goes back up to €75 higher then what I was paying.

I have 100mb internet, tv in two rooms and phone, I only want internet and tv in one room. I don’t want tv in a second room or home phone, so I asked about the €39.98 package he said it was for new customers only to which I said I’ll leave and get my partner to sign up, he checked the line and said I can’t get fibre?

I said then ok can’t I still take the package tv in one room and internet basic 100mb for €39.98 or my partner and he said no, I said goodbye and hung up no help at all. He wasn’t Irish or English so take that what you will.

My contract is up July 4th I’ll forget about it until June 1st and ring again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Off the phone with Eir

Paying €72 best deal I could get was €55 for six months then it goes back up to €75 higher then what I was paying.

I have 100mb internet, tv in two rooms and phone, I only want internet and tv in one room. I don’t want tv in a second room or home phone, so I asked about the €39.98 package he said it was for new customers only to which I said I’ll leave and get my partner to sign up, he checked the line and said I can’t get fibre?

I said then ok can’t I still take the package tv in one room and internet basic 100mb for €39.98 or my partner and he said no, I said goodbye and hung up no help at all. He wasn’t Irish or English so take that what you will.

Read the details of cancelling with eir, you MUST give them written notification 30days prior to leaving, send them a letter ASAP, before the end of your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Read the details of cancelling with eir, you MUST give them written notification 30days prior to leaving, send them a letter ASAP, before the end of your contract.

Hi,

You can ring the loyalty ðŸ˜ðŸ˜‚team 1800 303 453 and say you want to cancel giving them and are giving them the 30 days notice, they will email you and send you a code by text, which you email back to them with usual details, I didn't give the 30 days notice in time so stuck with them now for another 27 days and a fine hike too for the out of contract bundle.

My internet was super bad today, had to ring faults, lovely lady very helpful but that was after 3 hang ups and about an hour wasted on mobile trying to get to talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Off the phone with Eir

I managed to use webchat to get the new customer offer a few weeks ago, told them I wanted them to match Vodafone or I was leaving... Took a while but I got it

Yamanoto wrote: »
    If only someone on thread had mentioned it

Big effing smile from me

There are constant outages, configured connections and faulty likes they never bother to fix. It's junk in every possible way.

florawest wrote: »
    My internet was super bad today, had to ring faults, lovely lady very helpful but that was after 3 hang ups and about an hour wasted on mobile trying to get to talk to them.
    The old trick is to have you call from the landline phone, then they tell you need to re-plug a couple of tings knowing that if you do that you will get cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 darphylfc

I switched to Eir fibre gigabit last week. Had installation on Tuesday, still no internet. Hasn't been activated and not one of those useless agents have even tried to help. Told me to just wait. Horrendous experience. The customer care people are there worst ever. Been hung up on so many times. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Thats wot happens when u let almost 1000 staff in dublin redundant 2 years go and sent jobs to cork limerick and sligo where the staff lacked experience and knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

darphylfc wrote: »
    I switched to Eir fibre gigabit last week. Had installation on Tuesday, still no internet. Hasn't been activated and not one of those useless agents have even tried to help. Told me to just wait. Horrendous experience. The customer care people are there worst ever. Been hung up on so many times. Shocking.

Feel sorry for you. Best thing you can do is cancel the package, do a chargeback, subscribe to any else but eir, and enjoy life. It will be easier in the long run. Life is to short to be dealing with eir - or worse , trying to deal with eir.

For the love of god stay away from eir I switched to virgin after 3 years of pain and suffering stay well away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Stay away from Éir unless you are an insane masochist. Terrible broadband only beaten by their utterly awful customer service. I had to go to Comreg about them several times, even post contract expiry as they still tried to charge me after my contract had expired. The broadband itself was lousy, 5-10mb/sec at best but with frequent drop outs. I’m now with Vodafone Siro and getting 400mb/sec constantly and great customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Read something about Virgin media pulling their sports channels from Eir due to a fees dispute.

Don't know who owns Eir now, but they seem to have been kicked from one hedge fund to another down the years, with each one cost cutting and asset stripping to maximise returns.

Little wonder it's a sh1t show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭thomas 123

I have a good one about eir,

I had an issue with my router and needed it replaced, lad on the phone tried to get me to agree to a new 12 month contract as I was getting a new router to fix the issue.

Of course I told him where to go, called their loyalty team who called him a muppet and to always call the loyalty team first before agreeing to anything with technical support, this was so bizarre to me.

I wonder how many people they have caught out with that carry on?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

darphylfc wrote: »

Make sure to document all conversations throughout the process which will likely be drawn out and result in you having to use Comreg to get a resolution. Note, you will need to raise an official complaint with EIR before Comreg can step in. Best log the complaint now rather than wasting your time trying to get a resolution with the customer support team which will likely take months if ever.
    https://www.eir.ie/support/online-forms/log-a-complaint/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Avoid like the plague for want of a better word, absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭woodyman

Took my parents almost 1 year to get money back from Eir after being overcharged.
    Found a much better deal on Vodafone in the end.

They switched around 2 years ago but still get regular invoices from Eir telling them that they have a credit of 19 cent (not even worth the paper).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Thats wot happens when u let almost 1000 staff in dublin redundant 2 years go and sent jobs to cork limerick and sligo where the staff lacked experience and knowledge.

Eir have been terrible a lot longer than 2 years. More like 10+ years.

I actually haven't used them in the last 2 years myself. Moved to Vodafone about that length ago due to how bad customer service was.

Now if they offer a gomo style deal of half the price of their competitors for life I'd consider them again. Otherwise just noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    Make sure to document all conversations throughout the process which will likely be drawn out and result in you having to use Comreg to get a resolution. Note, you will need to raise an official complaint with EIR before Comreg can step in. Best log the complaint now rather than wasting your time trying to get a resolution with the customer support team which will likely take months if ever.
    https://www.eir.ie/support/online-forms/log-a-complaint/

Thansk for that link! Funny I had to find it on this site cause i never found it on the normal eir site... here is my formal complaint lol.

"I have ended my contract when it expired. This was caused by very poor support from you. I asked to have my bill explained - i was being over charged every single month a little bit more - with no reason. I was also over charged 2 euro for a spurious charge from a fake text scam - and your support person refused to assist. I dropped all services, TV, internet, home phone, and 2 mobile accounts as a result. You have continued to try and bill me making it impossible to contact you at all. You have only once contacted me to try and get me to return as a customer - but that person said it was not their job to fix my incorrect bill! Finally - you have also tried to bill me for non-return of equipment. I was told on the phone that you would issue me the info to return the equipment - you never did. Instead I tried to register with Parcel Motel to return it myself - and never received any code to submit the equipment into the secure locker. I will not pay any fee towards this - this is totally your fault. I am only submitting this complaint in order to formally complain to comreg as that appears to be the ONLY way to stop your online harassment and emails.

I will contribute forever to this online thread telling people to avoid this company as you are the worst: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114334859#post114334859 "

Have to agree with the sentiments towards eir and their "customer support". It really is that bad.

I am in contract with eir for FTTH until the end of the month. I tried to get in touch to negotiate a new contract as the price was jumping from 40-99 up to 69-99 per month. Ive had the service the past 2 years and it works very well...until something goes wrong.

Id say that over the past couple of years Ive had reason to contact them 5/6 times due to lack of service/service breakdown. I was NEVER once able to get any results by contacting them by phone, twitter or online chat. Their customer service is appalling. You wait an age to get through...then you get jumped from agent to agent to department to department until someone eventually hangs up on you. I kid you not!
    Ive had to bring my issue to Comreg 3 times just to get eir to engage with me.

This past 2 week Ive tried ringing each morning from 9am. I ring and leave the call on speaker and get on with other things.
    Each call has the same result:
    Wait anywhere on hold from 44 mins to 1hour and 23mins
    Eventually the hold music ends...the call is answered as you can sometimes here background noise and then the call is hung up.

There has been NO online chat for customer care for months now....but the online chat prompts you to engage as soon as you are buying a service...I clicked on it to see if they could help....but they are only involved in sales (which is fair enough)
    Twitter agents tell you to DM them all your details so they can assist you further and then eventually tell you to ring the customer care number....its a joke.

I do understand that with Covid restrictions and people working from home but these problems were there long before Covid. It really is frustrating.

I contacted Vodafone yesterday and have switched to them. They contacted me today with a date for installation this Thursday. As it happens this didnt suit so I rang to reschedule. Within minutes I had an agent who was able to sort me out with a new date. So its bye bye eir from me.

I just know that there is going to be a problem with the final billing and possible continued billing from eir. Watch this space!!

My advice stay away.....

Incidentally Vodafone are offering me 500mb ftth and phone for €30 per month with no installation fee. Thats a bargain!!

• Advertisement

i had to login to the My Eir portal to find out my account number so i could register that formal complaint. When i logged on it indicated i was no longer using their services (which is correct). But within an hour... they generated a new bill automatically and added another months service charge! and this triggered emails and a text.

I actually dont think anyone works in Eir anymore - its simply powered by automation and bots. not kidding.

Advertisement