Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Broadband 29.99, 12 month contract

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

My 300mb FTTH + offpeak landline EIR contract is up soon , their best offer is 46 for 6 months and 66 for 6 months so 56/12 pretty poor!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

cyborg wrote: »
    My 300mb FTTH + offpeak landline EIR contract is up soon , their best offer is 46 for 6 months and 66 for 6 months so 56/12 pretty poor!
    Pure offering 150mbs at €30 a month plus €55 for the next 6. Not sure how good they are???

I cannot risk changing provider for fear of loss of service, WFH + kids needing wifi to survive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

I cannot risk changing provider for fear of loss of service, WFH + kids needing wifi to survive

I have my own tp link archer vr600 and changed to vodafone 2 weeks ago and didn't have any downtime at all. Modem they sent me has never been opened and is crap I believe. Simple change over. If u have ur own modem go for it

My contract is over in July I’ll be ringing in June to cancel to I can sign up my boyfriend to get the €29.99 internet deal they can take give it to me or him, take it or leave it eir

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No downtime when i changed to Pure. They were very efficient

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

I changed to Digiweb and there was no down time, in fact they rescued me from the mess that Eir made of everything. Was with them years ago for ADSL and found their people excellent to deal with etc. Their FUP is the only thing that made me hesitate to go back but I've been using a fair bit of BW and not an issue. I think they only throttle you if you really take the mick ;)

So Eir rang me back with offer of ;
    45 / month 24 month contract
    that's 300mb + evening wkend calls +12 months prime

also mentions "Your Add Ons: eir TV Standard €0.00 per month" not sure what that is or how I get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

So Eir rang me back with offer of ;
    45 / month 24 month contract
    that's 300mb + evening wkend calls +12 months prime

also mentions "Your Add Ons: eir TV Standard €0.00 per month" not sure what that is or how I get it?

To me that looks like you are getting Eir TV included with the BB at €45 a month?
    I wouldn't be signing up for a 24 month contract these days, anything could happen in that time frame, it's way too long to be tied up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bmc58

TheDriver wrote: »
    Eir seems to have cracking deal. If you go through one big switch, its free activation and 50 back. I know Eir is annoying to deal with but can't argue with price

Avoid Eir.Read some of the on line posts about them in every aspect of their customer service,set up,booking techicnicans to call ,cancellation etc.Scarey stuff for anyone considering of switching to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I’ve got €39.99 broadband and they say I can add TV for €9.99 on the Apple TV. I’m in contract until November. Has anyone gotten a deal out of Eir for adding TV and therefore extending their contract. Gunna calm then 9am tomorrow.

New customer price for this is €39.99 all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Signed up for Eir 4G Broadband last month @ 30 a month 750GB data and free modem

Get a bill today for 45.10euro ......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Signed up for Eir 4G Broadband last month @ 30 a month 750GB data and free modem

Exactly why I left them for all services. If you do figure out how to resolve this, please share back. I would have stayed if they could have fixed their billing mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

BBMcQ wrote: »
    I’ve got €39.99 broadband and they say I can add TV for €9.99 on the Apple TV. I’m in contract until November. Has anyone gotten a deal out of Eir for adding TV and therefore extending their contract. Gunna calm then 9am tomorrow.

New customer price for this is €39.99 all in.

Yes I did and yes they extend the contract.

The more services you have with eir, they more billing mistakes you get back, every month. They give you a handy dashboard online where you can see the last months charges and compare.. it goes up a little bit differently every single month.

Like being slowly boiled alive....

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Do eir bill a month in advance? So you're paying for the half month you used and the 30 for next month.

Do eir bill a month in advance? So you're paying for the half month you used and the 30 for next month.

Maybe that would make sense as I got it on 15th April. So next month would I only be paying 15euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Hi WZB, I'm considering this offer myself; would appreciate any feedback you can give on the modem. (Good speed? Decent WiFi? Have to reset it every X days? Etc) Many thanks.

Maybe that would make sense as I got it on 15th April. So next month would I only be paying 15euro?

No - from experience, I'd expect your final bill would be €15; your next and subsequent bills should be the agreed monthly charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Hi WZB, I'm considering this offer myself; would appreciate any feedback you can give on the modem. (Good speed? Decent WiFi? Have to reset it every X days? Etc) Many thanks.

Just piggybacking on that for a sec.

Would it be / Is it a good idea to maybe fit some sort of smart plug to your router and have it restart every night?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You usually have the service running for a week or two before you enter your billing cycle so the first bill is always 1 month in + the week or two. After that it is the normal price.

• Advertisement

For me I had to go with this offer, I have 3 unlimited data which I need to keep going also as its only one that will work for VPN for me. EIR mobile broadband I can not get working for VPN working from home.

I didn't get the same router as advertised I got the B535 router. The 3 Internet connection was cutting in and out a day every day, so I would get disconnected from online gaming etc. This is why I needed to get this deal.

I average 40-60MB which appears faster than my GoMo and 3 router which may be about 10MB less. I have set router up to keep track of downloads per month which is handy enough, as I will be downloading games each month.

This is a lot more stable for me, and if your looking to get a rough estimate of the speed you can get at home try a speed test with an EIR or GoMo mobile.

I tried to get broadband but max speed I can get is 6MB which is not worth 30euro a month at all. I don't get disconnected while gaming, maybe once or twice but I am not sure if that was due to server issues or not.

I would recommend this deal to people who can't get high speed broadband like myself, but this is not worth 50euro per month so I'd be cancelling after the year is up.

The distance the router covers seems longer than my old Huawei router. I haven't reset the router yet as it doesn't need to be done, but with the 3 one I have I do reset about 5 times a day.

@Soarer - I don't think it would need to be reset every night, I have no issues and the speeds are high throughout the day.

Thanks for the detailed reply, WZB.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Getting líne attenuation of 21.5 dB upstream and 35.5 dB down. Seems a tad high.
    That should be ~13 Mb/s download speed.
    Does the value change when you connect directly to the phone socket with nothing else on the line?
    The lower the attenuation the better.

I’m paying €75 a month for 100mb internet and tv in two rooms my contract is up in July and I’m gonna ring in June to get a new contract.

How can I get the €30 internet deal could I cancel and get my partner to isn’t up in his name? Would they just give me the €30 deal instead of work or cancel and connect again aka a waste of there time.

What I would like is €30 internet and tv in one room only added on and looking on it was €29.99 for 12 months and €50 back on the bill what’s that bit all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Vodafone will price match the 29.99 EUR for broadband for 12 months.
    Vodafone will also price match the 39.99 EUR for broadband and basic TV for 12 months.

At least they did for me anyway by just asking.

If people do not want to deal with Eir (not that Vodafone are saints) but want this price then give Vodafone a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

JTMan wrote: »
    Vodafone will price match the 29.99 EUR for broadband for 12 months.
    Vodafone will also price match the 39.99 EUR for broadband and basic TV for 12 months.

At least they did for me anyway by just asking.

If people do not want to deal with Eir (not that Vodafone are saints) but want this price then give Vodafone a call.

Did you have to sign up for 12 months again?[Assuming youre an existing customer)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Eir seems to have cracking deal. If you go through one big switch, its free activation and 50 back. I know Eir is annoying to deal with but can't argue with price

Just not worth being stuck with eir

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Id advise anyone to not go near EIR customer service is shocking bad, wait till you try cancel and they keep charging you.. then lie say they never got your request to cancel keep you on hold for a hour hoping u get bored and leave it off.

Avoid like the plague!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yeah best bet is to let the contract run out and then just move to Vodafone and 12 months later from Vodafone to eir. Neither will price match for existing customers but both work out around the same on the introduction offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Cupatae wrote: »
    Id advise anyone to not go near EIR customer service is shocking bad, wait till you try cancel and they keep charging you.. then lie say they never got your request to cancel keep you on hold for a hour hoping u get bored and leave it off.

Avoid like the plague!

Cancelling your DD gets around that problem if you need to.

Advertisement