Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVI- 21,983 in ROI (1,339 deaths) 3,881 in NI (404 deaths)(05/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Can Zara King stop with the wedding questions!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,891 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

paw patrol wrote: »
    anybody who says the words "new normal" is a dope and an sniveling assh0le in equal measure.

The only reason it should be uttered is to mock those who make claims about a "new normal".

fcuk off
    Please read the OP again, and in particular the instruction to remain civil, as if you can't do so I will remove posting privileges

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

These moron journalists are nearly as soul-destroying as the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

petes wrote: »

What's wrong with questions about weddings? That it doesn't apply to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Did we ever get a briefing of how we are treating patients, using the new drug remdesivir, which anti virals etc?

One thing I haven't heard being used yet is plasma with antibodys from recovered patients.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

speckle wrote: »
    One thing I haven't heard being used yet is plasma with antibodys from recovered patients.

Do you mean in Ireland? Because it's been used a lot in many other countries.

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Did we ever get a briefing of how we are treating patients, using the new drug remdesivir, which anti virals etc?
    Not one journalist has asked about remdesivir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

petes wrote: »

You beat me to it! Jesus wept, is she planning to get married herself this summer or has she bought a frock to go to one and wants to know how much time she has before she can squeeze into it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

What's wrong with questions about weddings? That it doesn't apply to you?

It's not so much the question but the repetition, is her brain wiped clean after every evening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sound quality is quite hard to put up with - why is the UK briefing HD and Dolby and we are in 1960s?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,730 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Study not peer reviewed yet so would be cautious of making conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Beasty wrote: »
    Please read the OP again, and in particular the instruction to remain civil, as if you can't do so I will remove posting privileges

I was banned for telling someone who called me a Kunt to piss off but this lad gets off with a warning?

Shameful Moderation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

Seamai wrote: »
    It's not so much the question but the repetition, is her brain wiped clean after every evening?

No but, you underestimate the wrath and impatience of a bride to be.

I see it and hear it every day. Jaw dropping

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I would have put Zara King back making coffee in the office after she asked Tony about the news about an antidote that he was due to reveal.

A complete waste of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Seamai wrote: »
    You beat me to it! Jesus wept, is she planning to get married herself this summer or has she bought a frock to go to one and wants to know how much time she has before she can squeeze into it?

Stupid questions. Asking CMO to speculate if weddings will be allowed come september.

New Home wrote: »
    Do you mean in Ireland? Because it's been used a lot in many other countries.
    yep. One small mention last week of blood transfusion board trying to set something up at this late stage in Ireland. And nothing since but I may be mistaken.
    No direct mention of antibody tests in the plan either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

If only 81 cases are outside care settings, and those 81 include hospitals, then local transmission must be minimal now.

If only 81 cases are outside care settings, and those 81 include hospitals, then local transmission must be minimal now.
    Careful, you might get called crazy for using sense

• Registered Users Posts: 23,578 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

UK reports 698 new deaths and 4,406 new cases.

They are really struggling.

If people want to know what the biggest threat to Ireland getting out of this is, look no further!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,077 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Sound quality is quite hard to put up with - why is the UK briefing HD and Dolby and we are in 1960s?

I would be happy with a crap sound system as long as Ireland does not get near the other COVID-19 KPIs in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

paddythere wrote: »
    I was banned for telling someone who called me a Kunt to piss off but this lad gets off with a warning?

Shameful Moderation

PM him about it or post in the appropriate forum. Not one of us here give a gicker

Oh, David Quinn. Wonder what his approach will be this evening.

Why aren't you doing more for care homes? We must protect the elderly.

Or

Why are keeping us all indoors? Sure it only effects the elderly.

91% of carehomes have been tested. 527 out of 581 nursing homes done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,077 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Stupid questions. Asking CMO to speculate if weddings will be allowed come september.

Does not beat the question / statement from some Scottish journalist to Nicola Sturgeon 'so you have cancelled Christmas then' in relation to extending the lockdown

Positivity rate over the past week is just 3%

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

paddythere wrote: »

Shameful Moderation

Mod: @paddythere - You weren't banned then, but you are now. Don't post in the thread again.

Tabloidy shyte from the newstalk guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,386 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Positivity rate over the past week is just 3%

Would have thought higher - are people not happy the restrictions are being lifted :D

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement