Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Figures report no new deaths today ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

I'll be glad to be wrong, hopefully just two individuals with the same surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    You can be sure people are breaking the 5km rule now. I know of two people who live a lot further than the beach and posted on Instagram that they were at the beach. Like why even post it up? If you are going to be so stupid, don't tell everyone about it!

We would all love to go to the beach etc, but can people not wait a bit longer? So fed up of it now. I don't know who people need to be such 'rebels'.

Weather is going to be great for the rest of the week so there won't be even the illusion of social distancing at the beaches over the next few days and people are going to be really surprised that they were not the only one's to think of a day at the beach!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

No new deaths of covid-19 recorded in the North of Ireland. Great news!

We make the full week without any cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So should someone ask the Healy-Raes why half the staff at their hotel weren't Garda vetted? That's pretty damned shocking, this isn't exactly a new requirement.

I see in today's Kerryman that Gene Tangney is out of the induced coma and on the road to recovery.

He was lucky to be chosen to be treated with the anti viral drug Rimdesivir and this is been credited with helping his recovery, delighted for him and his family and friends.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

Many people and agencies appear to have been very economical with the truth all round.

https://www.radiokerry.ie/department-justice-says-cahersiveen-direct-provision-centre-originally-planned-capacity-300-residents/

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Radio5 wrote: »
    Many people and agencies appear to have been very economical with the truth all round.

https://www.radiokerry.ie/department-justice-says-cahersiveen-direct-provision-centre-originally-planned-capacity-300-residents/

Lots of ass covering going on :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    So should someone ask the Healy-Raes why half the staff at their hotel weren't Garda vetted? That's pretty damned shocking, this isn't exactly a new requirement.

Healy-Rae will tell you he knew nothing about what the hotel was to be used for & who had bought the lease because he was just an investor.
    The present owner has the lease but the actual building belongs to a Chinese investor.
    And if you believe what Healy-Rae tells you you might also believe that I'm the tooth fairy :mad:

Radio5 wrote: »

300 would have been a 30% increase in population. Good luck to the locals getting access to local services from schools to doctor appointments. Plus they are going to be bored to tears in Caherciveen. There is nothing to do there.

kn wrote: »
    300 would have been a 30% increase in population. Good luck to the locals getting access to local services from schools to doctor appointments. Plus they are going to be bored to tears in Caherciveen. There is nothing to do there.

Pure madness.
    Shows how little some of these pen pushers know or care about a community & its needs.

It also begs the question who thought, even in the madness of the bubble era, that building a 68 bed hotel plus 36 apartments was a good idea in Caherciveen?

kn wrote: »
    It also begs the question who thought, even in the madness of the bubble era, that building a 68 bed hotel plus 36 apartments was a good idea in Caherciveen?

Originally it was some crowd from Dublin who eventually went off leaving local contractors & businesses being owed a small fortune.
    There are 32 apartments but only 4 actually sold & the others aren't finished.

The run continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Healy-Rae will tell you he knew nothing about what the hotel was to be used for & who had bought the lease because he was just an investor.
    The present owner has the lease but the actual building belongs to a Chinese investor.
    And if you believe what Healy-Rae tells you you might also believe that I'm the tooth fairy :mad:

Is it a co-incidence that there hasn't been a peek out of him about anything in the national media since this story broke (I don't listen to Radio Kerry so maybe he encamped there).

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

BPKS wrote: »
    Is it a co-incidence that there hasn't been a peek out of him about anything in the national media since this story broke (I don't listen to Radio Kerry so maybe he encamped there).

Refused planning permission again in Tralee ;)

newman10 wrote: »
    Refused planning permission again in Tralee ;)

What was he trying to build ?

Trouble in Clare because Danny Healy-Rae got the contract for some new water main.

amdaley28 wrote: »
    What was he trying to build ?

Probably more appropriate to the Tralee forum but it was to convert the ground floor of the Nancy Myles pub in Ballymullen into 4 apartments.

• Advertisement

Now that we've got as far as Day 9, you do begin to wonder if the disease has been contained locally, but given there are no local recovery details, and people will still go to UHK with suspect cases, we may never actually know.

I'm worried about the influx of holiday home owners to Kerry this weekend and the danger they pose.

I know the Gardaí will have checkpoints in place because of the great weather forecast but I'm after noticing a lot more traffic on our road from early today and there was a lot of the cars/jeeps/suv's that were not belong to locals.

Stay safe everyone.

Now that we've got as far as Day 9, you do begin to wonder if the disease has been contained locally, but given there are no local recovery details, and people will still go to UHK with suspect cases, we may never actually know.

I'm not sure testing has improved.
    I know someone who wasn't feeling great & got tested just as a precaution.
    Got a text to tell her she was all clear.
    About ten days after being tested :(

No confirmed cases in UHK last night, which is a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I'm worried about the influx of holiday home owners to Kerry this weekend and the danger they pose.

I know the Gardaí will have checkpoints in place because of the great weather forecast but I'm after noticing a lot more traffic on our road from early today and there was a lot of the cars/jeeps/suv's that were not belong to locals.

Stay safe everyone.

Yeah its definitely more noticeable the amount of non-locals around our area in the last week.

And you had the case yesterday of a kid thankfully being rescued after drifting out to sea on an inflatable at the mouth of the Shannon Estuary - family had travelled from Limerick.

Perhaps that might jolt the Gardaí into more checkpoints which have all but disappeared.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Stay safe everyone.
    I'm noticing the same. Gardaí should be hammering these arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Commuting Killarney - Ringaskiddy route every week day, was getting stopped 3 times every day on the way home up until the 18th - haven't been stopped since.

It was manageable for checks up until then, if they had checks with the volume of traffic on that route at the moment it would take me 2 hours each way.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

BPKS wrote: »
    Yeah its definitely more noticeable the amount of non-locals around our area in the last week.

And you had the case yesterday of a kid thankfully being rescued after drifting out to sea on an inflatable at the mouth of the Shannon Estuary - family had travelled from Limerick.

Perhaps that might jolt the Gardaí into more checkpoints which have all but disappeared.
    Don't forget the scumbag who travelled to West Kerry from Cork a few days ago for a spot of paragliding, got tangled in overhead ESB cables and knocked out the power to a few thousand homes.

Unnecessarily wasting the resources of the emergency services in the process.

• Advertisement

And not even one suspect case in UHK as of the last update.

Advertisement