Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Xtrail14 wrote: »
    Thanks John, you’re a winner alright.

I know. I'm a winner because I don't spread false & malicious rumours that have no backing or evidence & only serve to frighten decent people that are already rattled out of doing the right thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

I said nothing malicious, your words not mine. Steady your compass there Rambo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I said nothing malicious, your words not mine. Steady your compass there Rambo.
    Talk now that one can get the corona at test centres. Makes sense you’re waking into the lions den.

Who's "talk" is this? Where or from whom did you attain solid information that people are catching Covid-19 in Kerry test centres? Try and be honest and transparent and give us the pure facts, without hearsay & without conspiracy theory claims. What compass bearing are you aligning you course to, what's this "Lions Den' talk?

Explain.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Don't even go down the road of conspiracy theories on this thread. Plenty of other threads for it. Thankfully this thread has been free of that sort of talk, so lets keep it that way please. MOD

I threw no conspiracy theory out there. No need to post in bold either I have no problem with my eyesight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I threw no conspiracy theory out there. No need to post in bold either I have no problem with my eyesight.

Hey, you are a newer boards user, you may not be familiar with this convention. when a mod writes in bold like that and signs in "mod" that means that they are essentially making a ruling. In this case, Ciarrai is saying that this thread is not the place for any content discussing this, and any further content like this will be deleted and/or may result in bans.

It's common practice throughout the site, especially when large threads like this are being derailed, the bold is just so that others notice it when they are scrolling through the thread so someone who comes along tomorrow and tries to continue on the argument wont.

It's not a personal attack, nothing to do with your beliefs or hers, just saying this is not the place for it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

As pointed out, if a Mod needs to make a point about anything they post in bold. Please familiarise yourself with the Boards.ie rules.

oeb wrote: »
    Hey, you are a newer boards user, you may not be familiar with this convention. when a mod writes in bold like that and signs in "mod" that means that they are essentially making a ruling. In this case, Ciarrai is saying that this thread is not the place for any content discussing this, and any further content like this will be deleted and/or may result in bans.

It's common practice throughout the site, especially when large threads like this are being derailed, the bold is just so that others notice it when they are scrolling through the thread so someone who comes along tomorrow and tries to continue on the argument wont.

It's not a personal attack, nothing to do with your beliefs or hers, just saying this is not the place for it.

Couldn’t have put it better myself! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Very disappointing that Tralee has barely budged in the fortnightly data:

Tralee: 20 (-1) 60.5 per 100,000
    Listowel 11 (-4) 38.4 per 100,000
    Kenmare 6 (-) 23.9 per 100,000

Killarney, Castleisland and Corca Dhuibhne all recorded fewer than 5 cases in the last fortnight.

We're under 25 incidence today, so officially green!

https://twitter.com/ZaraKing/status/1337097569697198082

• Advertisement

Folks my apologies I had no malice in my posts. I hope I haven’t stressed anyone out and I’ll keep to the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

Saw that, must be the first day in quite a while. Great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Listrydude wrote: »
    Saw that, must be the first day in quite a while. Great to see

Second day in a row? 0 cases reported yesterday in Kerry too.

A 14-day incidence of 19, and 28 cases in the last fortnight:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1337810812820475908

Best in Ireland, at least until any Christmas relapse:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1338172320188424193

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Best in Ireland, at least until any Christmas relapse:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1338172320188424193

Heard there is an outbreak in another School, one Pupil and a Teacher !!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

newman10 wrote: »
    Heard there is an outbreak in another School, one Pupil and a Teacher !!

This is on top of the ones in the Killorglin school?

I heard Balloonagh primary in Tralee has a few cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

frank8211 wrote: »
    This is on top of the ones in the Killorglin school?

You have the location correct

• Advertisement

Which presumably explains why we have 19 cases today:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1338541539761545218

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

19, schools clusters?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    19, schools clusters?

That seems to be situation in alot of counties. The odd place its a hospital

8 cases today, so the last 48 hours account for more than half the cases in the last fortnight:

https://twitter.com/ZaraKing/status/1338906168698277888

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

People in my village are travelling to English hotspots to spend Christmas with family, the same must be true in many towns and villages. Given the amount of travel, I dont think any specific virus mutations will stay in one place for long, be interesting to see how the figures spike, or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    People in my village are travelling to English hotspots to spend Christmas with family, the same must be true in many towns and villages. Given the amount of travel, I dont think any specific virus mutations will stay in one place for long, be interesting to see how the figures spike, or not..

If we are just hearing about it now then most likely those mutations are already circulating here. Covid-19 was here in Kerry last December but everyone just thought it was a bad flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

theguzman wrote: »
    If we are just hearing about it now then most likely those mutations are already circulating here. Covid-19 was here in Kerry last December but everyone just thought it was a bad flu.

A friend of mine was pointing out the amount of funerals he went to last January/February at the time before COVID-19 became a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

No it wasn't, absolutely no truth in that whatsoever

Although the briefing today did say that the UK strain hadn't shown up in any of the tests conducted to date - of course, that will certainly change before 2021, however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

No it wasn't, absolutely no truth in that whatsoever

I know close to certain it was here based on symptomatology and how my own elderly father was at the time with a mystery illness and many others around. The HSE still hasn't much of a grip on what is happening now and the anecdotal evidence is enough for me.

Advertisement