Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

They can be white as long as they have the 3 blue bands on them.

Paired with a tight pair of blue short shorts.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

An outfit which depends on socks ain’t kickass, bro.

I ain’t your bro, sista. ;)

I do like those socks though. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Paired with a tight pair of blue short shorts.
    Yep.

281087.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Hoping to get a takeaway from a restaurant that was recommended to me, only to rock up on the only day they are closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When I order via Just Eat or QIQ, the delivery seems to take longer and the food isn't as hot or as nice as ordering directly from the takeaway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

twirlagig wrote: »
    Oh, that’s a boll1x! :( I feel for ya, I really do! What iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Stupid statistics in sport, and I use the term statistics in the loosest possible sense. I'm not sure if the BBC is being serious with this one, but

'It's about five months since anybody other than Neymar had a shot for Paris St-Germain in the Champions League'

Well no sh!t, since before tonight, they last played in February

I'd like to add that Finn Harps have not lost a match in European competition since 1979, an amazing achievement

New Home wrote: »
    Well, if they're super fine cotton, you're wearing a fully white outfit including white shoes (or you're under 10 years of age), then they're acceptable.

You mean if you’re in a wedding dress?
    And honestly NH should you be wearing white ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When I order via Just Eat or QIQ, the delivery seems to take longer and the food isn't as hot or as nice as ordering directly from the takeaway.

I'm gone completely off JustEat. There's a place in the local city I loved before lockdown, and the usual if I walk in and order was €7.50. On JustEat it was €8 with the 50c charge. Ordered once they were allow to open again via JustEat and it was €9.50. I thought grand, prices went up because of Covid, no problem, it's still well worth it and fills me more than some place I could spend €15 on. Ordered via JustEat a few times since, just so I could get in and out with the least amount of time.

Walked into the place recently as I was passing and the smell got to me, and ordered the same thing again. €7.50. JustEat just upped their part to €2. Will not be using again. And before anyone asks, it was always at collection, not delivery.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

cj maxx wrote: »
    You mean if you’re in a wedding dress?
    And honestly NH should you be wearing white ? :)
    Sure. 1980s fancy dress. White linen palazzo trousers suit (although that's so summery you'd probably should be wearing sandals). Historical reenactment. Kate Bush music video. The list is endless. :D
    (Not after Labour Day, though, or so I'm told).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

how a smart guys like Guy Fawkes and Co ****ed it up at the last minute with the gunpowder plot

How different our history could of been ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've been looking for my leap card since Monday morning. No sign at home or in work. Thought it might turn up but said id go ahead and cancel and get a new card issued. Till I put my hands into another coat of mine on my work chair... guess what was in the pocket. The leap card. Oh well. Fresh clean new one on the way!

New Home wrote: »
    Sure. 1980s fancy dress. White linen palazzo trousers suit (although that's so summery you'd probably should be wearing sandals). Historical reenactment. Kate Bush music video. The list is endless. :D
    (Not after Labour Day, though, or so I'm told).

I meant a white dress on your wedding day and what means. Maybe that’s just a wild assumption :)

Getting into a battle of wills with a 7yo about getting their own clothes, and losing.

I meant a white dress on your wedding day and what means. Maybe that’s just a wild assumption :)
    Remember Miss Havisham?

A LONG ONE HERE, APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE.

* MAY BE SOME COMEDY VALUE, SO MIGHT BE 3 MINS WELL SPENT READING FURTHER :pac: *levity not guaranteed, alas, but feel free to with your time as you wish.
    (Whether it's laughing at, or with, is met with indifference by this comic :D, who is willing to leave himself open to anonymous ridicule for the sake of his art :). Unlike those z list hacks this is a true, albeit pretty boring, sad, & sorry tale of woe)

That said:

An indirect TA about not having a car.

Was about 10 mins from chippy last night walking home, so I gave them a ring. Saw their name come up on phone,
    but didn't hear any ringing, or an engaged tone. Thought maybe I accidentally cancelled the call; so I
    rang them again, and the same thing.

Got into chipper, made order, was told 10 mins. So standing out on main street (outside a pub, which, like most, weren't open) at late o'clock, while others are
    waiting in cars, or just passing by, and it dark enough out, streetlights notwithstanding, leaves one in the "acting suspicious"
    category for those who are of a curtain twitching bent; not to mention the "revenue collectors" :mad: :( (you know who I'm talking about).

So, not wanting to be "one of those people" :pac: I come back about 11 or
    12 minutes later from my 'waiting spot' kerbside :D , a few yards down the road (not directly outside chippy - fk that for a game of marbles), and was waiting close to another 15 minutes until order was ready inside the family ran takeaway.
    But that 10 - 15 minutes extra wait inside the chipper was in the 'penny place' , and wouldn't even merit a TA on its own, compared to that '11/12 minutes waiting outside chipper waiting time.'

To compound my 'inner turmoil' :p, someone else came in to chipper while I were waiting, and she queried the phone thing - where they said that the phone/s were busy, or somesuch, at about the time that we both would have rang (yeah, right :rolleyes:). I don't know for sure, and for practical purposes it's irrelevant whether the phone/s were or weren't busy, but I reckon the staff themselves could well have been too busy to even answer the phone, and set the phone to ring, but not ring? (if that's possible).

A mere trifling, some on here might think, to be getting worked up about.. Perhaps, though, some might feel as I do..

Point here is, to put a slight exaggeration on it, is, standing on footpath at nighttime = "degenerate", whereas waiting in a car (that I don't have :( )
    roadside, = 'proforma' and wholly acceptable :mad: to the general populous it would seem - a sad disparity in this poster's eyes, or maybe I am reading too much into it :o

Like if ya "Feel Me" :D No thanks 'oaring ere , just want to know that I'm not on my own like :(

*I could have waited 'directly outside' , where I would have been on 'Terra Cotta' re the 'suspicion' , but I decided to wait a few yards up the street so's not to be 'on view' from within, as that didn't appeal neither. Like I said, I were outside a pub; could even have been a shop as far as that goes, was main street after all, most buildings are business premises, and would be closed (not sure if that's a good or bad thing - more bad than good imo) at that time. Still, it didn't do much to 'mitigate' against the n'eer do well vibe I felt sure I was giving off.

It's ironic too, in that while I was only about 5 yards from chipper, I was about a 100 miles from being chipper :pac:

Thanks for reading. I needed to get that one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I contacted three different brokers about my house insurance. Not even an acknowledgement email. Right so, your loss.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Getting into a battle of wills with a 7yo about getting their own clothes, and losing.

Rookie error. Choose your battles :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why is it so hard to get Manhattan crisps outside of Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

*I could have waited 'directly outside' , where I would have been on 'Terra Cotta' re the 'suspicion' , but I decided to wait a few yards up the street so's not to be 'on view' from within, as that didn't appeal neither.

There's your problem. If you waited nearer t the chipper, people would just assume you're waiting for your chips. Further away and it just looks dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

People within my earshot having long conversations on the phone. Mostly people with absolutely nothing interesting to say, and of course they need to talk louder than normal, perhaps to let everyone around know that they have a friend.

Sitting looking out for my drug shipment to be delivered.
    It’s not as bad as it sounds:)
    Seemingly on Tuesday he tried to deliver and no one answered. Ring the doorbell !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Spent half an hour in a car park trying to get the buggy open.... It just wouldn't click.

Looked up manufacturers instructions, you tube videos the lot.

Fecked it back in the boot and walked the toddler.

Get home, himself takes it out of the boot and snap its fully functional.

Grrrrrr

There's your problem. If you waited nearer t the chipper, people would just assume you're waiting for your chips. Further away and it just looks dodgy.

That's true, no doubt PM; but the reason I don't like waiting directly outside is because the whole front is all glass (me on view), like a lot of 'shops' in that regard. Also, with chippers, the counter tends to be only about 2 - 3 metres away from window, but the counter there - unlike a lot of shops - is almost always directly parallel to window.

Also, the fact that there would be two-three occupied cars at least right in front of me in that situation leads to me going up or down 5-10 yards to wait. It's either that or walk around in 'circles' which also don't look good, or even walk 500 metres in a straight line, and then double back. So, for me, if I find myself having to wait, and wait outside, the best proposition is to wait up or down the street. If they had answered the ruddy phone it wouldn't have been an issue.

Thanks for reading my post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Shopping in Lidl/Aldi. Why is it such a misery. I know it’s “discount” but that shouldn’t mean check your brain at the door.

Even before you’re in you “encounter” mutants who can’t seem to grasp the basic skill of queuing. The spaces are marked on the ground and move around to the left. Why is there a line of these creatures going to the right?

A woman, with 2 kids, seemed to take “joy” in having her kids blocking everywhere while she took her time over which orange cheese to select. I decided to make a move to a different section and let them get a bit of a lead. When I return to the aisle I’d left them in she was there shouting at them and putting some awful sugar filled snack in the trolley for them.

When I finally made it through the “obstacle course” I get to the check out where the guy in front of the girl in front of me refused to put anything on the belt until he had to. We got to watch the person who just finished packing leave the shop.

After a 7 minute “hold up”, due to cashier error, I just had my trolley and was in the process of opening my bags to fill them directly but the cashier couldn’t even give me those seconds.

Led to a tetchy “stand off” where I took my sweet time slowly filling up the bags as the small ledge where they put scanned items built up.

Really should just stick to SuperValu or Dunnes. Tesco at a push. Stores that aren’t bad for your mental health.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

As a member of a few FB groups locally, people that try to save on a skip or trip to the dump by offering awful tat, always collection only, very rarely free.

Nobody wants to buy your 15 year old bedside table, scratched to pieces and clearly assembled arse ways, or your old dining table set that would suit the Trotter’s flat.

One lad seems to pop up every couple of days selling his crap, like a old plastic set of drawers for €10.

Sell something decent at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The seemingly growing trend for using masks as a "fashion accessory " .

Need an earring on one side ? No problem, dangle the mask from it !
    Need a mouth guard? Just don't pull the mask over your nose, sorted!
    Under your chin/neck cold? It works as a scarf !

Ffs , it makes my blood boil .

TA at myself because I keep forgetting to move the dial on the coffee machine. My OH likes an espresso in the morning, and then I come along for my mid morning or lunch time coffee and I end up with a shot of an espresso in my mug so I've to boil the kettle :o

A disagreeable TA :pac:

TA'd at folk being TA'd about people wearing masks as chinguards.

If I'm out and about but not indoors I often do it myself, even though I can't stand the look. :mad:

Reason is that I can't stand touching it - maybe at the sides just - because it's akin to touching a dirty tissue imo :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A disagreeable TA :pac:

TA'd at folk being TA'd about people wearing masks as chinguards.

If I'm out and about but not indoors I often do it myself, even though I can't stand the look. :mad:

Reason is that I can't stand touching it - maybe at the sides just - because it's akin to touching a dirty tissue imo :eek:

Fair enough , but why not just leave it on your face properly when out and about ?
    Much easier and no need to touch it until your finished whatever , imo .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement