Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Fair enough , but why not just leave it on your face properly when out and about ?
    Much easier and no need to touch it until your finished whatever , imo .

Too bloody restrictive Mam; not only is viewing limited with the damn things, but I also feel the need for oxygen when wearing them for extended periods of time.. Wasn't aware I had any breathing problems - I dunno, but as well as that there's the nose drooling (eugh) and sweating with the current warm/humid weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Too bloody restrictive Mam; not only is viewing limited with the damn things, but I also feel the need for oxygen when wearing them for extended periods of time.. Wasn't aware I had any breathing problems - I dunno, but as well as that there's the nose drooling (eugh) and sweating with the current warm/humid weather.

Ah I understand that they feel restrictive etc , I just find it easier to put it on and leave it there until I'm finished and heading home , rather than putting it on and taking it off numerous times , that's all .

TA gone off topic before I get slated for it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

If I'm out walking, then the mask sits around my chin until I'm approaching someone, and then I'll pull it up. But thats for safety reasons, since my glasses steam up so much I'm likely to walk into a lamp post, or even traffic. And as for driving with one on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It may seem a TA but it has left me in a worse mood and with a headache. It is ....
    Gloria Estefan and the song dr beat. ARGGH
    Awful Awful head wrecking song..
    And the DJ who pronounces for name as E-Stefan
    Everything about her puts me in a strop

I used to like Dr Beat - Don't know if I still do, as I rarely hear it anymore.

• Advertisement

I used to like Dr Beat - Don't know if I still do, as I rarely hear it anymore.

I know.! I had managed to get it out of my head but when I got in the car it was playing on ,today fm, I think .
    Switched channels but alas too late :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that the first time I was in a shop for weeks I had forgotten my mask.
    Girl was good enough to serve me while I was outside though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I'm changing my email address on some of the sites I use, some sites don't make it easy to change :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Noise and mess in equal amounts.

My mother telling me the same things over and over, except every time it's slightly embellished to the point that eventually it's a completely fictitious account of what actually happened. Essentially playing Chinese whispers with herself. She does it even when telling me about something I was there for.

The humidity these days.

Midges. Biting b*stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Mod snip take it to feedback forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The spices in the big cheaper refill packets are always really obscure ones like tarragon that you will never use.

The ones that you need regularly can only be got in the way overpriced little glass jars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA listening to podcasts where people are interviewed and i keep hearing a lot of ''like...umm...you know... emmmm...you know like..kinda..sorta..that kind of thing..you know what i mean'' to the point where ive trained my brain to hear it in isolation and i lose focus on what's being said.

Watching Brazilians and how everything is praising God

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I live in what is classed as a nice, decent sensible area, good neighborhood, good neighbors in the main...it’s an older area... as one or two died off however younger families over the last 3 years arrived... earlier this week, a house party , where a young girl ended up outside face down after being assaulted , a running battle on the streets between guests all early twenties , Gardai called.... NOW it’s 3am..

my nice neighbors have fuçked off for the weekend leaving the 19/20 year old only child who has had about 20 people over... doors slamming all night, bit of music, no biggie, but they decided to convene the rest of the shindig into the FRONT garden / side of their gaff at 1.45am..... it’s calmed down as of writing this but still three of them, yapping on the front porch step like its Diceys ... there had been a bloke balling his eyes out like a castrated chihuahua because of some girl wouldn’t whatever... now the debates with the taxi guy at 3076 decibels across the road as to who is getting in to fûcking go where..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A unfortunate incident occurred in the estate green space last week, culminating in the previously reluctant residents association to change their focus from planing flowers and bullying other residents for money or to paint their garden fence dispute caring for a terminal partner, to setting up a community alert system and inviting the community garda to talk about personal and domestic security.

Coincidentally my sib mentioned to few of the neighbours about a potential incident from this week, bro is now convinced the he is responsible for the above change of heart. He keeps saying the HE is determined to make sure these thing happen and urging neighbours to remind him to do this.

Leaving aside the he can do nothing to help and my own feelings about misogyny, ta is best summed up by this.

MUM! BRO IS EMBARRASSING ME, MAKE HIM STOP.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Not a big fan of the word "staycation". thought that was the worst until I heard an ad for a ferry company advertising a "car-cation" grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

TA'd people saying kay-jeez for Kgs when describing weight, what's wrong with kilos?

Never heard anyone saying elle-bees in the past for Lbs, it was just pounds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA'd people saying kay-jeez for Kgs when describing weight, what's wrong with kilos?

Heard some people use the word keys for some reason that I never understood

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Not a big fan of the word "staycation". thought that was the worst until I heard an ad for a ferry company advertising a "car-cation" grrrr

This staycation shït annoys me too..if that’s the case I’ve been having a staycation every weekend every Saturday and Sunday for xx years it’s not a staycation , you just are not going anywhere.

The man driving the grey MH Toyota who cut me as he swapped lanes in traffic. The annoying part was when you gave me the ‘thank you’ lights.
    FO I braked, not to let you over but to not crash into you. Dip****

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Strumms wrote: »
    This staycation shït annoys me too..if that’s the case I’ve been having a staycation every weekend every Saturday and Sunday for xx years it’s not a staycation , you just are not going anywhere.

Not quite a portmanteau, but definitely an oxymoron.
    Vacation --> vacate --> leave empty*; stay = remain, not go. How can you vacate something if you don't go away?

*I know they mean the workplace or your usual environment, but why not just call it time off? Must we go abroad to be on holidays**? Such notions!

**As a word it makes more sense because people didn't usually work on holy days.

BTW, according to etymonline.com staycation took hold in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

RTE one o'clock news is never at one o'clock on the weekends on tv. The nine o'clock news isn't at nine o'clock either come to think of it.

TA'd when I see 'mod snips' in threads.. I usually miss them (suppose most do). It's the not knowing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

TA'd when I see 'mod snips' in threads.. I usually miss them (suppose most do). It's the not knowing :pac:

This drives me mental. Especially if it's a thread I regularly read.

Nothing to do with the mods, or mods decisions. Just clearly I missed out on the gossip :)..... I'm terribly nosey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Bad driving.

This drives me mental. Especially if it's a thread I regularly read.

Nothing to do with the mods, or mods decisions. Just clearly I missed out on the gossip :)..... I'm terribly nosey :D

:pac:

Didn't miss much if you missed the one in this thread Princess C. Someone TA'd about not getting an explanation from mods for the aforementioned TA; in another thread I presume :D He didn't mention what his content/input was, or the particular thread, just annoyed he got no explanation from mods for having his comment snipped.

I suppose it's one good reason to be a moderator - get to see all of them snips. In certain threads they could be both entertaining, and enlightening, and possibly even true... But maybe they're worried about getting sued. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My GF's friend is having another house-party tonight. Seems to be an almost regular occurrence since March. Now house-party is maybe a bit of a stretch as there wouldn't be any more than 10 there at any one time, but its still annoying at a time were common sense and discretion should be used more. And then I will have to do some taxi later on for it too, even though I am the only one of them that works weekends.

It's not like she is a young wan either (she is the wrong side of 30), but you'd think the novelty would have worn off by now. Not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I suppose it's one good reason to be a moderator - get to see all of them snips. In certain threads they could be both entertaining, and enlightening, and possibly even true... But maybe they're worried about getting sued.

Most of the time they are the mad ramblings of rereg trolls and people have quoted them.

Rarely any juicy scandals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Trying to convince my sister that having a full blown party in my mams house for her childs fcuking communion is not a good idea at the moment. And I'M the bad guy. 'But', she says, 'I'll feel guilty if we do nothing to mark the occasion'. Its a communion, not a wedding. The child doesn't give a fcuk about the party, he just wants money. It's her who wants the party.

Slight ta and a total first world problem but my MIL insists on putting on a cheeseboard any time we go visit. I wouldn't mind normally cos I love cheese but the cheese she gets is manky processed ****e that is just inedible to me. I think it makes her feel fancy but christ almight I have to choke the stuff down. I'm also fairly sure she's been serving up the same piece of ****e cheddar and chive cheese since Christmas.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Most of the time they are the mad ramblings of rereg trolls and people have quoted them.

Rarely any juicy scandals.

:) Can't bring myself to fully believe that Ted....

Company Man you be :p :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement