Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Towels that dont dry

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Towels that dont dry
    Ignore what the Guide said, it's time to panic! :pac:

Hard men who give you the psycho stare-down as you walk by them :mad:

Pardon me buddy, but what did I ever do to you :confused:

'Hard men' who are with a few of their mates...

These hard men are normally skangers; of which Dublin has a high proportion of, also a high proportion in larger towns as well, and not forgetting the Jacobs who are also fond of this intimidatory tactic.

Most likely these 'hard men' have numerous convictions, and/or have never worked. That's the long and the short as well as the tall of it. No point sugar-coating it for pc purposes, and doubtless the court/prison/social welfare stats bear that assertion out. If not, sanction away..

My TA : Furtive Glancing Skangers

One could be sitting on a bus and the a4mentioned FGS, will suddenly, and for no particular reason look back well rapid.. In such an instance one can only hope that eye contact is not made, as FTG might want to go off on one..

The reasons for this are probably the FGS's are probably paranoid owing to living a life of skangerishness.

The FTG is not to be confused with the NGJS (Nervous glancing Joe Soap).
    When NGJS 'looks around' for similar reasons owing to his personality it is nowhere near as fast or furtive as the FGS, and if eye contact is made he will most likely look away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d that I’m stuck at home while the weather’s so beautiful. The garden is a rubble pile so I can’t even go out there :(

Also TA’d that it’s the boyfriends birthday and I can’t see him for it.

And TA’d that I’m being so selfish wanting to go and do stuff while mam is laid up here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at the attitude some people have when they are told at the door they need to book their times to visit this tourist location. I have looked out and saw people actually get angry and walk away because they were passing by and only decided - spur of the moment - to visit this place.

Look, you lot, we're still going through this pandemic and we are open on government instructions with heavy emphasis on the precautions we are lawfully obliged to abide by.

We have to do this for the safety of others. 30 people at a time, and you have to book in advance. Those were the details given on our website and social media pages.

Stop acting like this is all a big joke. If you want to visit, book online, otherwise get tae f*ck and go lick a lamp post.

And what písses me off even more is I bet these people were delighted to take the covid payment and sit at home.

• Advertisement

Remote controls for TV

Hit the mute button... Then 'down volume' - volume comes back on straight away :mad:

"Sounds" about right some might think... And so would I have, until before, when I had a different package, if you hit 'mute' you could turn down the volume to whatever level, and no sound until volume up, or unmute.

Perhaps there's a way around this by tweaking the settings, but I wouldn't know how to do that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA'd at the young family behind me in Tesco's that were so far up my ass, when I was at the checkout, that if they spat it would be coming out of my mouth :mad: I think we should start mass exterminations for these cnuts.

TA'd at the young family behind me in Tesco's that were so far up my ass, when I was at the checkout, that if they spat it would be coming out of my mouth :mad: I think we should start mass exterminations for these cnuts.

Indeed Shelly, some be like that.

My "piggyback" :D TA

Was in Tesco myself, and there's only so much room to queue, but some are so oblivious, or think that they're "doing their part" :pac: that they don't move closer after the person in front has brought himself and his trolley to the other side of the till :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I was in the till queue before C19 and this middle-aged lady kept ramming me in the hoop with her trolley. Every time I moved up as far as i could, she was bopping my rump again! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

503's and database errors all over the shop .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Got short-changed in a winning bet from a well-known, popular betting company.

But their customer support is diabolical. Online messenger service directed me to their phone-line. Was waiting 20 minutes to be put through, so hung up and tried again, when I was eventually told that no I must go into the shop and fill out a form etc. Which would mean getting the shop staff involved, even though they are entirely faultless, and would make me look like an asshole. The rigmarole seems a bit pointless, especially when it isn't a massive amount of money I am owed. It's more the principle of it all.

And they don't even have an email address which is ludicrous in this day and age. So have to make-do with a strongly-worded letter instead.

I do feel bad that I eviscerated the one over the phone though speaking my mind in less controlled language than typed out here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people don't relies you are happy doing your own thing.
    They think there is something wrong if you don't have loads of friends, loads of hobbies, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,797 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

there's no war memorials in Germany

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

PTH2009 wrote: »
    there's no war memorials in Germany
    "Don't mention the war"?

(Sorry, I just had to...)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When people don't relies you are happy doing your own thing.
    They think there is something wrong if you don't have loads of friends, loads of hobbies, etc.

This. This is the biggest problem facing those who don't conform to the 'normality' of life, everyone else saying there's something wrong with you. If it's said enough, people will start believing it and it will go down roads one wouldn't want to go down. It took me a very long time to realise that being different (or in my case, basically the complete opposite to the majority) doesn't mean there's something wrong with me.

It still hits though. I still question it when I know I shouldn't. The job has recently decided to change our rota to what it should have been from the beginning, all night shifts (compared to having 4 weekend day shifts in 8 weeks). I'm beng questioned now as if it's bad for my health to be all nights, all the time, and it did make me think. But there's no harm, it's the changing of shifts that's dangerous.

Anyway, my TA is I'm on Difene and Anxicalm for shoulder issues (which I believe are only treating the symptoms rather than the issue, TA 1.5), and I accidentally posted in the day team channel giving out about them. Deleted within 30 seconds, and usually the day team are well logged off at that stage, but i'm still wracked with stupid mental situations where I'm going to get a bollocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Maura Higgins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Maura Higgins

Be careful. Any criticism of a female comedian usually triggers a poster who is will rant about “angry men”. Or his harmless “woke” sidekick will make an appearance.

You have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

...Any criticism of a female comedian...

She's a comedian?

She's a comedian?

D’oh, was thinking of Maeve Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

LOL!

The tide is turning…

LOL!

Are you following me around again, E?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

TA 1 - I have to edit all my posts today, typos all over the place for some reason.

TA 2 - I don't have a fan club like the good Emmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

D’oh, was thinking of Maeve Higgins.

Equally as annoying

TA 1 - I have to edit all my posts today, typos all over the place for some reason.

TA 2 - I don't have a fan club like the good Emmet.

I think I have my own fan now. He has thanked posts in a few threads now without contributing himself.

I think I have my own fan now. He has thanked posts in a few threads now without contributing himself.

You're obsessed, Dave.

TA after being too warm all day it suddenly got cold around 2 hours ago. I put the heating on low for a while and now I'm roasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

A car park we've always used that used to have coin-operated parking machines, now requires the use of a phone app in order to pay the parking fee. Not everyone owns a smartphone and some of us would rather not have apps forced onto our phones.

What if my phone is getting fixed?
    What if I don't own a smartphone?
    What if I'm not tech savvy enough to create an online account to use the app store to download the app?
    What if I've never downloaded an app in my life and would only use the phone for phone calls?
    What if I own an old phone that isn't even a smart device?
    What if I didn't even bother to bring my phone with me?
    What if my phone's battery was on the way out and died by the time I got to the car park? Do I have to go all the way back home, charge it, then come back an hour later to use the car park again so that I can pay the fee?

I wouldn't mind if the app was optional - a more convenient way to pay for parking should you want it. But, it's not optional here, it's a requirement.

And also, it charges a service fee on top of the parking fee, which makes the charge way more dear than it should be.

Nah, that's a bucket of shíte.

You're obsessed, Dave.

TA after being too warm all day it suddenly got cold around 2 hours ago. I put the heating on low for a while and now I'm roasting.

Check who has thanked your post. :)

Check who has thanked your post. :)

Emmet and I bonded on the tournament threads, but I don't follow him around accusing him of being woke.

TA - I'm wide awake at this hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When someone brings up an anxiety inducing conversation before bed, and then falls asleep before the conversation is resolved! There goes any chance of sleep tonight :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement