Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I still don’t know how to post videos here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

cj maxx wrote: »

I still sometimes have to google it if I haven;t posted in a while, but...

1. click the post button (advanced)
    2. click the youtube icon.

you will see:
    [Y0UTUBE][/Y0UTUBE]

3. go to youtube.
    4. copy the link address. but just from after the = sign

5. put that bit where you see X below.
    6. [Y0UTUBE] X [/Y0UTUBE]

Marking this, thanks

Also I have an infraction from 2015, but it just says private, and I can’t remember what it was for.
    A red card at that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

cj maxx wrote: »

Or, a quicker way is to just type it without going to advanced, check this boards help page and scroll down to the YouTube section. Note: the noparse one doesn't seem to work as I had initially tried!

[noparse]
    [/noparse]

Edit: noparse does work... TA'd it worked now and I could edit my post to make me look like less of a fool. But couldn't be arsed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you move over to the edge of the path to socially distance and the person coming toward you walks straight down the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Standing in a queue with some young wan practically standing on top of me, despite the 2m markings on the ground and when I turn around and ask her to move back, and point to the markings, she tuts and scowls.
    Sorry dear, you’re the one being a knob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Pointless tailgating. This morning the overtaking lane was full as far as the eye could see but some bell end was right on my arse going at 120kph.

I like to leave a decent gap to the car in front so he undertakes and moved into the gap and tailgates the next vehicle.

You have gained one place numpty but are still stuck behind dozens of other vehicles.

IQ tests for driving if I was in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Standing in a queue with some young wan practically standing on top of me, despite the 2m markings on the ground and when I turn around and ask her to move back, and point to the markings, she tuts and scowls.

Why the tut, though?!

"Fúck sake, I really enjoyed being this close to you" like WTF was her problem??

Uuugh!! Yup. I share this TA with you. What a díckhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Why the tut, though?!

"Fúck sake, I really enjoyed being this close to you" like WTF was her problem??

Uuugh!! Yup. I share this TA with you. What a díckhead.

Yeah seemed an odd reaction, but it was a petulant teenager type of tut, even though she was in her 20s, so I guess something she’d do to her mother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Good bang of a bag full of cans in the goother would shift her.

“Uh... Soz love, didn’t know you were so close”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Or let fly with a good Bronx Cheer or an SYV. That would certainly move her back toot sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Or let fly with a good Bronx Cheer or an SYV. That would certainly move her back toot sweet.

dare i ask what a bronx cheer or SYV are?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

So bloody annoying.

We are months into this, the shop floors are marked, they even have helpful signs saying STAND HERE with pictures of feet, and you still get the dopes breathing down your neck in queues. :mad:

And yes, I have had that reaction too, as they shuffle back slightly, before they get their turn to pay, then go back home to their cave where no mention of pandemics or coronavirus has ever had a chance to enter their consciousness. Apparently. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ha! Gooter, , long time since I heard that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Anxietyyyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Also, today was supposed to be the day I graduated from college :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I've had four really bad Augusts in a row so I consider it a unlucky month. It's now the 11th of August and I just can't help feeling totally anxious as the month passes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I was in Dunnes Stores today. My grocery shop came to €32.01. I handed in €35. Rather than give me €3 in change, I had to wait while the assistant cobbled together €2.99 in change from various plastic bags.

Memo to self. I must get the EBS to issue me with a contactless card rather than the useless existing non contactless card that they gave me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Couldn't you have given her a cent? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Also, today was supposed to be the day I graduated from college :(

It has been a summer of disappointments. You put in such work during the year that you have a right to feel denied. Hope relationship improves or at least you come to a decision.

Try not to let things stress you, easier said than done, I know.

You are a caring daughter and should be proud of yourself and your accomplishments.

dare i ask what a bronx cheer or SYV are?
    A Bronx Cheer is a loud ripper and SYV stands for silent yet violent.
    Actually a fart app on your phone would be good in situations like that. Use it to emit a Bronx Cheer when people are getting to close to you.

Totally TAd that the Star has given the Ghostbusters remake 4 stars out of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Actually a fart app on your phone would be good in situations like that. Use it to emit a Bronx Cheer when people are getting to close to you.

Ah, an SBD.

Ah, an SBD.
    Yes that's it but you can say 'sieve' for SYV to shorten it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Dubstarr needs no app:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Actually more than a TA but saw a video on Twitter of a woman in the US abandoning her 13 year old dog (she has been caught and is being charged with animal cruelty). How the fcuk do "people" abandon their dogs? :mad: I could never envisage a situation where I would do that to my little man.

Some genius breathing down my neck in a shop queue, and without a mask for good measure. I turned around slowly, and he started backing away sagely nodding the head. There's a lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The current job market.

What to me looks like a basic enough accounts/bookkeeping job apparently requires 8+ years of experience specifically doing construction accounts (no experience in other industries is applicable) and preferably a masters, though they will very kindly consider anyone with an honours degree in a finance discipline if they meet all the other requirements, which include speaking at least one other European language and having a full drivers license & means of transport.

The offered wage? 25k. Talk about notions.
    This is fcuking depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

SusieBlue wrote: »
    The current job market.

What to me looks like a basic enough accounts/bookkeeping job apparently requires 8+ years of experience specifically doing construction accounts (no experience in other industries is applicable) and preferably a masters, though they will very kindly consider anyone with an honours degree in a finance discipline if they meet all the other requirements, which include speaking at least one other European language and having a full drivers license & means of transport.

The offered wage? 25k. Talk about notions.
    This is fcuking depressing.

Hang in there Susie, I know it's tough. I was in the same boat recently and it can really bring you down but something will come up.

Ta that I grind my teeth and they're killing meಠ︵ಠ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Wondering what I did to deserve getting dragged into a total mess of a relationship. Loving someone so much and yet knowing in my heart they are fcuking me around. Knowing what I need to do and have needed to do for a long time and yet still here I am.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement