Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My mother's porridge production every morning.

My mother cooks porridge every.single.morning. It's a f*cking production. It has to be brought to the boil in a pot, despite me telling her its just as good from the microwave. Milk bottle will be left on the counter of course, with the lid missing never to be found. Then she will have to stand over it while it comes to the boil, and then stir it continuously for a full (timed) two minutes. She actually times it. Then the hoo ha to heat the bowls, dispense the gruel. The search for the carcinogenic sugar substitute (the obsession with low fat, sugar free everything and the fact she has lost 1lb since 1980 is another TA of mine). Then the sprinkling with f*ckin linseeds, berries (oh better wash them first) and cinnamon. On and on and on. I watch in amazement. Then the slurpy slurpy porridge picnic.

After, the pot is left "steeping" in cold water which does nothing except turn the leftover porridge slimey. That sits on the counter in the way for an hour, then it has to be scrubbed with a ball of iron wool, that has bits of porridge permanently stuck in it because well, its iron wool! Then that just sits on the kitchen window being all vile and full of old porridge. The pot will usually have streaks left in it anyway. The cinnamon, linseed etc. will all be left out. The it's on to tea and toast.

Its almost lunchtime when everything is put away. 3 hours for breakfast.. no wonder she hasn't worked for 4 decades :(

Chair scrapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Space Dog wrote: »
    That reminds me of pretty much every Hallmark Christmas movie: Successful career woman in the city, estranged from her family, is too busy to fall in love/has been let down too many times. For Christmas, she reluctantly agrees to visit her family in the small town she's from. She comes across a local struggling business, helps them back on their feet with her big city business knowledge, falls in love with a handsome widower, reunites with her family and quits her high profile job to take over a coffee shop/bakery/whatever *may also contain scenes of eggnog drinking, ice skating and cute dogs*.
    Oh God don't remind me! Those films will be re-appearing again soon. Last year they even had a pop-up channel on Freeview that shows nothing but those awful american Christmas movies :( I think it materialised just after Halloween.

Oh crap i remember another. Plot 164-A: Boy or girl is socially unpopular, they hang around with similar misfits. For some reason the cool kids take him/her into their fold. Misfit must now disown and insult their old friends. They finally realise that the uncool friends are better, make up with them and in front of a large crowd tell the cool kids to go ride themselves.

:mad:

Electric Kettles

Made a cup of soup about an hour ago.

Had just enough hot water for it.

Put some more water in for my cup of tea 10 or so minutes later, wouldn't start. Bloody thermostat must have thought it was full of boiling water.

Had to wait 2 or 3 long minutes after me soup and sangwich for kettle to boil, instead of the 30 or less seconds for it to reboil from just being off the boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

People wearing 'chin' masks instead of 'nose and mouth' masks somehow TAs me

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    People wearing 'chin' masks instead of 'nose and mouth' masks somehow TAs me

Have you seen the ones going around with them on their wrist or arm? People baffle me

When your small baby breaks two bottom teeth overnight to match the top ones, and every time you nurse them it's like a game of Russian Roulette.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My sons confirmation is in 2 weeks and i cant find anything nice.

Half the stuff i wouldnt be out of place meeting the Kardashians,and the other half is just shapeless horrible material.

Im on the bigger side as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA getting the house painted and the disruption that brings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Antares35, I love your vivid description of the porridge ritual. Elderly uncle here used to drive me nuts getting porridge all over the cooker. Not wiping it off either. I make the porridge in a plastic bowl in the microwave, no mess. TA, sloppy people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll be the first to admit that porridge is just that bit nicer from a hob than a microwave, but also has to have the oats steeped in water overnight. Same with anything really. Also, recent pizza pockets saying 2 mins in the microwave and 15-20 in the oven means somethings just not right with microwaves (even though I still use them, but mainly to reheat meals).

I'll be the first to admit that porridge is just that bit nicer from a hob than a microwave, but also has to have the oats steeped in water overnight. Same with anything really. Also, recent pizza pockets saying 2 mins in the microwave and 15-20 in the oven means somethings just not right with microwaves (even though I still use them, but mainly to reheat meals).

This is a good point and in fact I've more than once fallen victim to the the leave it in five seconds too long and it explodes all over the microwave event! :D

I love ready brek myself, takes me back :)

TA we have these snazzy "self sterilising" bottles but alas they don't just sit on the counter self sterilising, they need to be microwaved. Grand, two minute job but the microwave ends up covered with condensation and soaked under the glass tray. We already lost one microwave when the base rusted, now we are on the second and I've to keep mopping the condensation after the bottles are done. It would have been easier to just buy a steriliser! :pac: we'll end up going through five microwaves just so we don't have to buy a steriliser!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Put on a wash to make the most of the good drying. I had a whole hour to make breakfast before it finished.
    Sat down to my porridge (sorry Antares I make it on the hob too) and the beeps from the washing machine go off :(

And they don’t stop until you turn them off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Seeing Halloween decorations for sale yesterday. Too early!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Meh, they match the weather (except for today).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Generally by the end of this month you'll see Selection boxes in Tesco :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had a mid week break planned, my family of origin took us all over Ireland on hols when I was a kid, so it was hard to find somewhere new, eventually we found a new venue for us starting next week.

2 lovely nights in portlaoise.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Uber ads - first it was replete with multiculturals.

Latest is promoting this mask wearing propaganda - again more multicultural types.

Feels like it's been Halloween since March :D

TA my mother takes offence when I take my crying baby from her. This is nothing personal, it's not a reflection of her ability to mind a child but surely as a mother herself she knows how heartbreaking it is to watch your baby cry in someone else's arms :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

When you dye your hair,why is there alway one part that refuses.Even when you dye it first,it just refuses the colour.So now i have a wisp of grey

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

dubstarr wrote: »
    When you dye your hair,why is there alway one part that refuses.Even when you dye it first,it just refuses the colour.So now i have a wisp of grey

Hmmm. How do you feel about Dalmatians?

1e37be673f8f7cc57826a5c2ae655733.jpg

Went to make a mug of tea... Autopilot kicked in, and made coffee instead :pac:

Also, tea/coffee, and close to out of date milk; which appears fine on nose test.
    Put the milk in the tea, and it's fine; but put it in the coffee, and the combo has a full of limescale look about it in the mug :confused:

dubstarr wrote: »
    Maybe you can become an actor, Luvvy Darling :D
    toast_series_3.jpg

The proliferation of watered down (also known as low-fat) milk beside coffee machines in shops.

Upwards on 30 - 40% of the time, it's the only option. Seems an excessive amount for what is an 'alternative' option. Other times they might have the proper stuff,or 1 of each.

Takes about 50% extra to get the 'colour' right, so coffee goes cold in about 20 mins, instead of maybe an
    hour with the 'proper' stuff.

And then there's the fancier joints where they make the coffee there, and give a paltry amount in the world's
    smallest metal jug.

And then there's the 'standard' sized metal jug one gets when sitting down for a pot of tea, or whatever. Try as I
    might tis bloody impossible to pour milk from that jug into cup/mug without spilling the bainne.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for ghosting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Girlfriend's father this morning: "How is the golf going?".

Me: "Oh Haotong Li is the sole leader at -8. Koepka and Day and a couple others on six."

Him: "How's Lowry doing?".

Me: "Umm....dropped a couple of shots towards the end of his round....."

Him: "What he finish on? What about McIlroy?"

Me: "Hovering around the same as before".

Him: "Tiger?"

On and on through virtually every big name player. There are over 100 competitors in the field. I am hardly going to remember the exact score of everyone of them, only the ones contending for the lead. Happens every tournament. Should be renamed the PG-TA Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I wrote here before about adjusting to my new polarised sunglasses.
    We'll today was my first day wearing them at the filling station.
    Noone warned me that the petrol guage screen looks blank with them :D

To thine own self be true

Hard men who give you the psycho stare-down as you walk by them :mad:

Pardon me buddy, but what did I ever do to you :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA that I'm back to work tomorrow after two weeks off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Adverts that have "taglines".
    Every little helps
    Always better value
    Thats better

Companies/institutions that feel they need to have a "Mission Statement"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement