Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Went to order takeaway last night as I was feeling a bit rough.
    First place: closed
    Second place: closed
    Third place: closed
    Fourth place: closed
    Fifth place: Eddie Rockets, open and taking orders, FINALLY!

Make my order on Just eat, pay, wait for confirmation.......wait........wait..........wait............wait...........Order Cancelled.
    I gave up and made macaroni cheese instead. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Braindead parents who think it is okay to raise kids on a diet of take-aways, crisps, coke, chocolate and heavily processed oven-ready muck.
    When pulled up on it, they always whinge about how cooking your own food is too expensive. Hogwash! You can prepare tasty, healthy food for a fraction of the price of a takeaway. They know that very well, they are just too lazy to put in the effort and learn how to cook.

Parents of young children should have to attend a course about nutrition and what their kids should be eating. Show them a few simple recipes and basic cookery skills etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Went to book a day trip for when I'm off later in the month and was asked to select the return date, which I did. I thought it was a bit odd that they'd ask for the return date and not the departure date but was putting it down to the fact that they would both have to be the same.

Got the email confirmation to say that departure is this Saturday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Not being allowed in to see mam. Like I understand it’s because of covid and everything, but still :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Pharmacies: Please turn off your flashy green cross when closed.

We know where you are. You are an essential service. You don't need to advertise medicine to us.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,377 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

xzanti wrote: »

We know where you are. You are an essential service. You don't need to advertise medicine to us.

Thanks.

Pisses me off that. Driving around looking for a pharmacy, see a green cross park and it's fcucking closed??? Wtf . Switch off you light when you close up !¡!!!

Oh and I picked up an Indian takeaway. All the minty after dinner chocolates were not out in their bowls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Singers adding h where theres none.

Hold me in your [h]arm.

It just really annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

RTÉ “mislabelling” their tv showtimes so that when you record it on the Sky box you only get half of the show.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The word is "though". Though.

Not "tough" or "do". They're both words with a very different meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Braindead parents who think it is okay to raise kids on a diet of take-aways, crisps, coke, chocolate and heavily processed oven-ready muck.
    When pulled up on it, they always whinge about how cooking your own food is too expensive. Hogwash! You can prepare tasty, healthy food for a fraction of the price of a takeaway. They know that very well, they are just too lazy to put in the effort and learn how to cook.

Parents of young children should have to attend a course about nutrition and what their kids should be eating. Show them a few simple recipes and basic cookery skills etc.

People shouldn't be allowed to leave school unless they know how to shop for food, put together some simple meals, operate a washing machine, write their CV and be able to face a job interview.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Also, most annoyingly, the full destop site isn't working at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

New Home wrote: »
    Also, most annoyingly, the full destop site isn't working at all.

Touch site is fine now.

The errors were very TA though.

Touch site is fine now.

The errors were very TA though.

Well.. "fine"... if you mean "fine" as in you click on "view first unread post" and it brings you to the
    first post of the thread, then yes, it's fine.

Funny enough it's the women that are worst. The ones who think they're above cooking for the family. Easier to take them shopping and let Me D's feed them. Though put a cute outfit on the child and they appear the perfect parent .Trust me I have 1st and 2nd hand experience of it and the problems it leaves the kids with diet wise.

xzanti wrote: »

Thanks.

This annoys me! It also wrecks my head with other businesses, too, though.

Starving driving around at night and see a big bright yellow M and think "nice one, something to eat", only to get closer and they're closed. Or the local chipper that does the same.

Or my local Tesco, that are making millions upon millions of pound each year, in profit, and still, STILL, haven't changed the opening hours on their signs! They changed from midnight to 11pm; happened nearly 2 years ago I'd say, and the sign still says midnight. :mad: Now it's closing time at 10pm due to Covid, and they still haven't even put up a temporary sticker on the feckin' sign. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d at feeling paranoid while I’m home alone

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »
    People shouldn't be allowed to leave school unless they know how to shop for good, put together some simple meals, operate a washing machine, write their CV and be able to face a job interview.

I remember learning how to wire a plug in primary school. A life skill, but nearly obsolete now.

TA that I am stumbling down memory lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Kitty6277 wrote: »

I could see that you were looking uneasy there for awhile.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

dubstarr wrote: »
    Singers adding h where theres none.

Hold me in your [h]arm.

It just really annoys me

I will always love Hugh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Annoying how much coverage pubs are getting. Will they open won't they open etc.
    There are much more important things that need to open.

The press is really living up to the drunken Paddy stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Annoying how much coverage pubs are getting. Will they open won't they open etc.

Not the press totally Rig, the pubs always had the biggest vested interest group in the country.

What annoys this poster is the bull from people who try to tell you that the ‘food ‘ thing makes no difference, like that clown Hely-Rae.

Countless examples all over the world tell you different.

Kitty6277 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

To ease your nerves

Caroline Flack.Seriously im sorry she killed herself.But the papers are trying to make her in to a saint.
    Blaming everyone bar her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The way some shops and assistants treat you like you belong in
    Jurassic Park because you are over 35.
    I recently recvd notification to tell me I was due for a free phone upgrade. Nothing wrong with my old phone other than it’s a bit..well, old.
    Anyways..perky, pretty young assistant shouts hello etc, and after some basic
    Enquiries ask for ID. I offer a public Services card with photo, and she kinda smiles sympathetically and says “ah no, you see that’s a public service ID, see where it says Public Service on the card?” . Ok says me, I have my license in the car but it’s pissing rain outside...but I have my phone bill here ( bearing in mind, I haven’t even committed to a purchase yet) will that work in conjunction with the public service ID?
    She snorts “ a phone bill? As ID?....haha oh no!”
    I pointed out that it is sufficient to open a bank account...
    And she stares at me like I’m asking her to come away for weekend in a covid infested mobile home in Ballybunion !
    I asked what do we do if I don’t have a driving license and before i finish the
    Sentence she blurts PASSPORT.
    I then start to ask what if I don’t have a PASSPORT but give up....

I went next door for Grecian 2000, denture cement and some stool softener.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I recently recvd notification to tell me I was due for a free phone upgrade. Nothing wrong with my old phone other than it’s a bit..well, old.
    Enquiries ask for ID. I offer a public Services card with photo, and she kinda smiles sympathetically and says “ah no, you see that’s a public service ID, see where it says Public Service on the card?” . Ok says me, I have my license in the car but it’s pissing rain outside...but I have my phone bill here ( bearing in mind, I haven’t even committed to a purchase yet) will that work in conjunction of the public service ID?
    And she stares at me like I’m asking her to come away for weekend in a covid infested mobile home in Ballybunion !

Have only one thing to say................classic.!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

So glad it's not just me annoyed by that. People having chemo and everything postponed and all we've heard for the last three months is the media shíteing on about the publicans losing out. Sure they've been turning massive profits for years what's one season. And now they are looking for a compensation package when the country is already crippled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA Linkedin emailing me like ''you're getting noticed, you're making an impact..one person viewed your profile'' and its some fuucker i worked with ten years ago that stank out the canteen with his farts and tuna lunches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA Linkedin emailing me like ''you're getting noticed, you're making an impact..one person viewed your profile'' and its some fuucker i worked with ten years ago that stank out the canteen with his farts and tuna lunches.

TA that I'm now wondering if we used to work together

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Enquiries ask for ID. I offer a public Services card with photo, and she kinda smiles sympathetically and says “ah no, you see that’s a public service ID, see where it says Public Service on the card?” . Ok says me, I have my license in the car but it’s pissing rain outside...but I have my phone bill here ( bearing in mind, I haven’t even committed to a purchase yet) will that work in conjunction of the public service ID?

Hell, the Public Service card is more than enough as a photo ID! What if you have neither a password nor a driving licence? I bet she'd have taken a work ID! That annoys me, too, now. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement