Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

That miserable Lewis Hamilton. He wins the Hungarian Grand Prix, and he wants to whine about his virtue signalling not being accommodated.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The sun is coming in the window & there is a slight shine on the left side of the TV screen, not enough to block the view, just enough to be annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    And for that, you will get your just desserts.
    Yummy :D

TA a lot of new music is really terrible and to make it worse most teens seem to have completely foresaken headphones now. They play the rubbish on their phones as loud as possible to annoy as many people as possible.

There was a young fellit walking towards me yesterday with his phone blaring, the whole time he was approaching I swore he was listening to commentary of a football match or horse race. He was actually listening to (c)rap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Okay, this is really trivial. I've worked with this lad whose full name is Vincent for about 20 years, and this morning I asked him a question that has bugged me for years.

"Do you spell you name 'Vinny' or 'Vinnie'?"

His reply was "Ah...whatever. Some people spell it one way, and others...the other"

I wanted a definitive answer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Why don’t motor insurers just give their very best
    Quote in the first place, instead of piss acting around.
    “And which company had the audacity to give you a price less
    Then the €27,000 we quoted you, for your eighteen year old piece
    Of sh1t that currently being used about once a week to clock up 30kms”

“Well, mind your own business...can you improve your quote or not?”

And despite having initially told you that there was absolutely no way the
    Could reduce the premium, even with your fifty years no claims , that that was the rock bottom price...it’s all “ah Shure G’wan, we will match the other company”

Robbing bastards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Serious Monday motivation problems today.

Brain: You have so much to do! All that follow up from last week, jesus Q4 is looking a right mess better get ahead of that, need to chase those 5 contracts and make about 40 client calls

Also brain: Which kind of Disney princess would I be though?

eisenberg1 wrote: »

This is negotiation 101 though. Figure out where you need to land and add 50 - 100% on top of that, expect to be haggled down.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

“And which company had the audacity to give you a price less
    Then the €27,000 we quoted you, for your eighteen year old piece
    Of sh1t that currently being used about once a week to clock up 30kms”

“Well, mind your own business...can you improve your quote or not?”

And despite having initially told you that there was absolutely no way the
    Could reduce the premium, even with your fifty years no claims , that that was the rock bottom price...it’s all “ah Shure G’wan, we will match the other company”

Robbing bastards

A friend of mine, many years ago, rang an insurance company to get a quote. She was told, "Our quote is x". She asked, any chance you could improve on that?", and the guy answered, "Sure, f@ck this, it's my last day!", and he reduced the premium by about €200, IIRC.

Lifehack: ask if it's anyone's last day and if so ask to be put through to them. :cool: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

I'm annoyed that I'm in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People who send a text to tell me they have just sent me an email...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who send a text to tell me they have just sent me an email...

We have to e-mail clients to let them know that we have just sent them a secure e-mail. Even with that when you follow up month later half of them will claim they never received it.

Anyone work in Sales? My TA is SALES OPS. Crowd of old b@stards.

Every week there's a new "training session" and "internal meeting" to discuss some new dumb process change and the important job of trying to sell a damn thing, which is bloody hard during a pandemic, has become a million times more confusing. What price are we quoting now? How do I log in Salesforce now? What's the criteria for giving someone a free trial now? What's the proposal document I'm supposed to use now?

It's like they just sit in a room together every week and discuss how they can fcuk sh1t up for sales teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    We have to e-mail clients to let them know that we have just sent them a secure e-mail. Even with that when you follow up month later half of them will claim they never received it.

Same with invoices or payment demands, its a handy delaying tactic.

That said my ta is, sending two reports chock full of personal info through email(only option) and not getting a response to say it was delivered to the correct person.

I know, I know once it's the correct email, but how hard would an automated email be for emails like this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

One hand holding up the Brown bin lid,the other shaking an old bag of carrots into it 2 of which keep finding the spot in the corner of the bag that prevents them from dropping into the bin....so annoying and all I want to do is separate the plastic from the carrots.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I'm dead on my feet here not just tonight but every night.
    293396b4d0742f22cf8efc30648118dd.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That miserable Lewis Hamilton. He wins the Hungarian Grand Prix, and he wants to whine about his virtue signalling not being accommodated.

Anything LH does annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Turns out the phone line has been disconnected at my apartment. And I thought setting up the internet would be easy. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Probably been mentioned, but the sudden widespread use of the horrific portmanteau Staycation to describe going on your holidays in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Everything is annoying me today!
    The crap music middle aged Mrs Títs at the back of me plays while she is gardening or sunbathing.
    Still irritated at my dad for constantly harping on about my couple of extra stone when I visited at the weekend. At least I cover myself up, even in the heat.
    Irritated at my brother for turning on crap country and western music in my parents kitchen then walking out of the room. It would be bad enough staying and listening to it.
    Finding old nasty messages my friend's husband -who is an alcoholic and a nasty one at that - sent me while drunk , and feeling angry 3 years later. I don't speak to him.anymore so I should just have deleted them, but I saved them at the time to show her.
    ....fúcking PEOPLE!
    Also I'm working from.home (no people) but unmotivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Probably been mentioned, but the sudden widespread use of the horrific portmanteau Staycation to describe going on your holidays in Ireland.

Would you prefer to going on your holibops?😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

That is a million times worse, and needs to be punished by death, preferably of the slow and painful variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bredabe wrote: »
    Same with invoices or payment demands, its a handy delaying tactic.

That said my ta is, sending two reports chock full of personal info through email(only option) and not getting a response to say it was delivered to the correct person.

I know, I know once it's the correct email, but how hard would an automated email be for emails like this.

Email recipient has responded, he said that her acknowledged receipt of the files on a different email account. An account that he should have known was closed to me six months ago.

It took so long to respond to, it would have bounced back to him by then, even if the reason for that wasn't in the files he was supposed to have read by the time he acknowledged. Its his job to know this kind of information.

I have a very very bad feeling about our syngery for the upcoming meetings.TA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Turns out the phone line has been disconnected at my apartment. And I thought setting up the internet would be easy. Sigh.

That's probably better than the last tenant not paying their (final)bill.

Takes an age to get sorted out if there's an 'active' account :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm off to add that as a banable offence in the charter.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Been single for a while (and not looking). Had a dream last night that I met absolute perfection in my eyes. Night out going really, really good and I wasn't drinking as I was driving. Gets a bit hazy then and all of a sudden I'm outside the pub in the middle of a crowd, she's gone, my phone is gone, my car key is gone, I don't know where I am and no money. I woke up.

That's not my TA. My TA is that I'm pining for her... wtf!!!

Edit: second TA. My car will tell me when the air in the tyres needs done, but won't tell me why the engine light is on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Another driving one for me.

Oncoming drivers passing a bike/bikes who thinks it is OK to cross over onto my side of the road while i'm heading that way.

FFS wait behind the bikes until there is clear road before crossing onto the wrong side of the road feckin deadheads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Been single for a while (and not looking). Had a dream last night that I met absolute perfection in my eyes. Night out going really, really good and I wasn't drinking as I was driving. Gets a bit hazy then and all of a sudden I'm outside the pub in the middle of a crowd, she's gone, my phone is gone, my car key is gone, I don't know where I am and no money. I woke up.

That's not my TA. My TA is that I'm pining for her... wtf!!!

Edit: second TA. My car will tell me when the air in the tyres needs done, but won't tell me why the engine light is on...

Maybe it's time to start looking although from what I remember of the single life you are more likely to be more attractive if you are not looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

If a diesel, probably fuel injection system.... That was my warning was anyway.... Hopefully not as an expensive fix

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And make sure Perfection doesn't steal your keys, your car and your wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Maybe it's time to start looking although from what I remember of the single life you are more likely to be more attractive if you are not looking.

I haven't been looking for 5 years and I'm still fugly! :pac:
    If a diesel, probably fuel injection system.... That was my warning was anyway.... Hopefully not as an expensive fix

It's a 2010 Merc, so probably will be expensive! I think it's something to do with either the clutch, gearbox or turbo...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement