Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

And when they do put them in they put everything in the wrong place

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Do you need to make a cuppa but can't fill the kettle on account of all the dishes, Pawwed Rig? 'cause there're a lifehack for that, you know..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

And don't get me started on over filling the thing or leaving it sitting there full but not turning it on.

Ours is more like a press for dirty dishes than a dishwasher

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The dream is to have no presses and two dishwashers. One for clean dishes and one for dirty ones.... And then alternate them accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    And don't get me started on leaving it sitting there full but not turning it on.

Oh sweet jesus this!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    The dream is to have no presses and two dishwashers. One for clean dishes and one for dirty ones.... And then alternate them accordingly

I like your thought process but what happens when you have used all the bowls but only half the plates?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Buy more. Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Pawwed Rig wrote:
    I like your thought process but what happens when you have used all the bowls but only half the plates?

Plate soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Mine is empty at the moment because it's asking for salt (again!)since yesterday morning. Having to wash up by hand til the salt arrives tomorrow. Grrrrr

Being the first to the counter/escalator in a supermarket after cashier has opened till, or after a quiet period - same difference.

Reason is a person ain't got the time to place items in order that would make it easier to pack them into a few bags or back in trolley - items get chucked out in a haphazard fashion, thus making it awkward to pack them at t'other end, and usually a backlog of items on the too-small tray just after till.

Meanwhile, another customer has landed. Tis annoying to be sure.

Casier: "That'll be E64.84 please" with still about 9 items to pack :mad:

Or maybe if she's sound she'll wait..

But it's even worse when the fake magnanimity comes out and she adds... ".... when you're ready" after the "please" :pac:

I reckon a lot of them can't stand their blokes and they take it out on the male of the species shopper :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

New Home wrote: »
    Buy more. Duh.

Buy more bowls or Dishwashers?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

And don't get me started on over filling the thing or leaving it sitting there full but not turning it on.

Ours is more like a press for dirty dishes than a dishwasher

I see you've met my oh

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Paper plates FTW.

:P

TA I have no dishwasher to rant about.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA I have no dishwasher to rant about.

It came down to a choice for us, dishwasher and cleaner or divorce

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Those videos doing the rounds of people miming over audio clips of movies or politicians or whatever. It’s zero skill but there’s one girl in particular that people are raving about, I’m even lost for words about it. God damn tiktok.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I didn't know there was a time limit on desecrating sacred/consecrated ground; no matter what the motivations are :o

Archaeology is hardly an altruistic endeavour at the best of times - Can't they leave human remains alone and just go with the places with pottery/weapons/coins/goblets and the like, walls and old cities etc..

Write a strongly worded letter to the National Museum while you're at it.

Buy more bowls or Dishwashers?

I meant bowls, you should have enough dishwashers already!
    It came down to a choice for us, dishwasher and cleaner or divorce

So where do you live now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

My 14:30 appointment turned up a half hour early yesterday. Blitzed through his work. Was finished and ready to leave at 15:30 only for the fire alarm to go off for 45 minutes. It knocked one of the instruments out and I'd to wait hours for it to recover before giving up. Eurgh.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Seems to be a new trend in my local shopping centre for most outlets to open at 10.00am rather than 9.30 as they did previously.
    Went into M&S around 9.00, got my stuff and then had to wait 30 minutes for Clark's and Eason's to open up. Seriously annoying - especially when Eason's didn't have the magazine I wanted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That stupid youtube ad

"This is a stock representation of you..."

Ya.....no its not dick head! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

razorblunt wrote: »
    God damn tiktok.

TA'd at TikTok's existence in general

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A friend who yammers on when you are having a meal. She barely touches her food she is talking so much and she expects people to sit to attention rapt with her stories, she stops for a forkful or two every now and again. She can make a main course last over hour and a half sometines.

If you dare to eat while she is talking she gives you subtle dirty looks like you are being extremely rude.
    Pardon me for wanting to eat my food while it is still warm and save the blah blah blah for afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

A friend who yammers on when you are having a meal. She barely touches her food she is talking so much and she expects people to sit to attention rapt with her stories, she stops for a forkful or two every now and again. She can make a main course last over hour and a half sometines.

If you dare to eat while she is talking she gives you subtle dirty looks like you are being extremely rude.
    Pardon me for wanting to eat my food while it is still warm and save the blah blah blah for afterwards.

That reminds me of the Curb your enthusiasm episode where Larry is out for lunch with a friend and his dish arrives first so he tucks in. His pal calls him out on it but Larry is indignantly like "I'm hungry and it's here.. why would I wait?!"

TA I just ordered soup in a cafe and it's stone cold. Bread is stale too:-[

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

TV chefs stating the obvious when describing their dishes: "You can really taste the blue cheese/tomato/parmesan/bacon...." What a surprise, you can taste blue cheese when you add an obscene amount of blue cheese to a dish! Who would have thought!
    Say what you want about Nigella, at least she has a way with words and doesn't need to explain that roast chicken tastes like chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Porklife wrote: »
    That reminds me of the Curb your enthusiasm episode where Larry is out for lunch with a friend and his dish arrives first so he tucks in. His pal calls him out on it but Larry is indignantly like "I'm hungry and it's here.. why would I wait?!"

Etiquette dictates that you “wait” if it’s cold food. Hot food is fair “game”.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Stop going out with her,problem solved:D

Porklife wrote: »

Are you sure you didn't order gazpacho and croûtons?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People that just don't listen to what you have to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

dubstarr wrote: »
    Stop going out with her,problem solved:D
    You are right.

From now on I will give her the cold shoulder and enjoy hot food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You are right.

From now on I will give her the cold shoulder and enjoy hot food.

And for that, you will get your just desserts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement