Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Having a green light on my side, move off and a car breaks a red on the other side and they look at me as if I did something wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Hey Google not working on my Phone now today.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The travelator is all department stores should be the other way around.Really annoys me, you get to the top and you hsve to cross the people going down to get to teh baskets and the scan and shop.

Make more sense to switch.So the one going up is on the side of the baskets.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cherries in Lidl. Never mind that they're from Turkey. Never mind that they're a whopping €6.40 a kilo and that's supposed to be on special offer. Never mind that cherries lose half of their flavour an hour after they're off the tree. But these ones are barely sweet, with not even a hint of cherry flavour. Last time I fall for fruit nostalgia. Thankfully I left the rock-hard Spanish apricots behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Greta, and her partner, getting booted from ‘Bake Off: The Professionals’. Guess I’ll just have to focus on the food from now.

Also, TA’d that I’m still a week behind with that show.

TA'd that i forgot to watch it and now i know the result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Staycation - I always thought of a staycation as say when you might have a week off work and stay at home, maybe do a few day trips or a bit of DIY or gardening etc at your absolute leisure not going somewhere else in Ireland for a holiday.

This new (to me) iteration is annoying me :P

I used to think it was when you went on vacation somewhere abroad and liked it so much you stayed there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

TA'd that i forgot to watch it and now i know the result.

Ah, now, if you’ve gone 3 weeks behind, on a show like that, are you even watching anymore?

Apologies for the “spoiler” but I didn’t think anyone would be further behind than I was.

Anyway, with Greta gone it may not be worth “catching up” at all.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Right now my morning breaks are way too early.

10:15am for a tea break is a horrible time when you start at 9am. It makes the time between half 10 and lunch time drag on (my lunch is half 1)

I much prefer to have it at 11am or 11:15am; at least then the day is spaced out better.

Ah, now, if you’ve gone 3 weeks behind, on a show like that, are you even watching anymore?

Apologies for the “spoiler” but I didn’t think anyone would be further behind than I was.

Anyway, with Greta gone it may not be worth “catching up” at all.

i am TA'd with myself for forgetting all about it. you're grand. though i didnt think i was 3 weeks behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Would someone mind telling me what TA stands for?

• Advertisement

Onshuh wrote: »

Trivially annoyed or trivial annoyance

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Trivial Annoyance / Trivially Annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Trivially annoyed or trivial annoyance

Oh right thanks. Duh I should have copped that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Oh right thanks. Duh I should have copped that.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Took me months to realise what it meant :o

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Munstergirl854

People that buy something out of date/stale/undercooked from the supermarket they've been shopping in for 30 years and post about it online.
    Instead of discreetly returning it to the shop and rectifying the problem there.
    Now their 840 friends know all about it and they'l still shop there for the next 30 years anyway.

Also the quote brigade on Facebook who seem to have a problem/quote for every day of the week.

"My kids will never want for anything.They don't need anybody in their lives that doesn't need them bla bla"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Graverobbing is sacrilege/vile/disgusting

Yet.........

Desecrating ancient burial sites in the name of science is..... 'Archaeology' :(

If you can't tell the difference between "graverobbing" and a modern archelogical dig I'm sorry for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People that buy something out of date/stale/undercooked from the supermarket they've been shopping in for 30 years and post about it online.
    Instead of discreetly returning it to the shop and rectifying the problem there.
    Now their 840 friends know all about it and they'l still shop there for the next 30 years anyway.

Also the quote brigade on Facebook who seem to have a problem/quote for every day of the week.

"My kids will never want for anything.They don't need anybody in their lives that doesn't need them bla bla"

Or the posts about kids today not knocking for their friends.We knew to be home when the lamps came on.

And they are posting from their phone.They have zoom,online shopping.I think the irony islost on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

dubstarr wrote: »
    Or the posts about kids today not knocking for their friends.We knew to be home when the lamps came on.

And they are posting from their phone.They have zoom,online shopping.I think the irony islost on them.

I am TA'd in general by all that "in my day" crap. We rode without seatbelts and drank from the sewer and ate nails blah de blah. It's always finished off with "and we did alright" or "we survived" - yea you did... But thousands didn't who probably would have today.

Parents last night trying to get me to put the baby to sleep on her tummy. "In our day it was the done thing, and why are "they" always changing their minds about what's right and wrong". In your day there was a 70 percent higher rate of SIDS and "they" change their minds with the benefit of modern medical knowledge :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

4X4's in the suburbs,
    4x4's parked on blind corners as its closer to the shops.
    They dont seem to see the irony of that, or care that they are putting us lesser beings in danger by parking there.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This message,

Ireland is beautiful, holiday at home!

* Only make vital journeys!

I must have missed out on the transporter tec that lets me go places without having to use travel!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

If you can't tell the difference between "graverobbing" and a modern archelogical dig I'm sorry for you.

I didn't know there was a time limit on desecrating sacred/consecrated ground; no matter what the motivations are :o

Archaeology is hardly an altruistic endeavour at the best of times - Can't they leave human remains alone and just go with the places with pottery/weapons/coins/goblets and the like, walls and old cities etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Some yahoo who parks a small green van on the corner of a bend 100 yards from a driving test center. Like I mean parks on the corner! Seriously dangerous and very deliberate. I'v been very sympathetic to the person who told me this as they came across this van many times in the last 12 months. On two occasions the owner was seen nattering pointlessly to mates leaning against the offending van.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA blocking the sink with dishes so you cant fill the kettle

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA blocking the sink with dishes so you cant fill the kettle

Sorted. :cool:

6a3aacbf266bfd535b86b3ba3dd37749--useful-tips-useful-life-hacks.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

^^^, a clean dust pan, mind, just in case you were gonna use a filthy one.

Nah, if the water is boiled for the tea it'll be grand. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

When you're buttering toast and the butter goes flying off the knife mid transfer from the tub. It won't stick to the knife but it sticks to the fecking wall :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

Twat in Tesco handling EVERY piece of packaged meat to find to oldest use by date. Public flogging needs to come back!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Sink piled with dishes and the dishwasher empty :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Sink piled with dishes and the dishwasher empty :(

I'm actually going to do time over this..... Not the sink, but dishes are rinsed and left to the side.... Ffs open the shaggin door and throw them in, it's an extra second.

OK maybe not throw, but ya know :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement