Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Phone call earlier - are you busy ?
    Me - why , what's up ?
    Person - I need you to collect a curtain pole for me .
    Me- I've no car it's in the garage getting fixed .
    Person- oh , well P and C are here and P was going to put it up for me after you'd collected it .
    Me - well , get in Cs car with him and get him to drive you down .
    Response - well when will you have the car back ?

Ffs , I can put money on the fact she didn't get it and will ring me tomorrow rather than them getting up off their rear ends and going to Home store or wherever to get it themselves. Fcuk that , I'll be unavailable tomorrow too .

TLDR.
    Rant over .

ETA 1 :
    She lives nearer to town than I do !

ETA 2 :
    I will definitely be unavailable tomorrow as car won't be ready until possibly tomorrow afternoon .

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Waking up with a coldsore and a sore throat. Feeling paranoid I've gotten covid 19 now. Bleh.

Happened me yesterday - the sore throat bit - and I was a bit worried too :eek: Back to 'normal' today (not exactly in rude health, but no worse than I was 2-3 days ago) :) . Sore throat gone; I'm puttin' it down to the weather :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

my own overthinking.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My big toe is absolutely killing me. it feels like somebody is trying to cut it off just behind the nail. #prayfortoe

ohnonotgmail, meet ingrown toenail. Ingrown toenail, meet ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

My 2-month-old Laptop has crapped itself and died.:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad: Keeps freezing when I load Google Tabs and I don't know if there's any quick way to re-start it I just have to turn it off. And then I have to just sit and annoyingly wait for it to roll and load back into life again only for the exact same thing to happen again an hour later.:( And I have to research and source and sort etc. me Car Insurance in two hours! Lappo please please stop freezing and work right f.f.s.:(:mad::mad: I suppose it serves me right for leaving my Car Insurance right until literally the last minute.:rolleyes:

Anyone out there with Acer Lappos having freezing issues with them when accessing Google and loading Tabs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is it overheating?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It's like a sauna down here for me Newie.

Edit

Sorry Newie, that was in reference to missy's tech issue.

the heat down here is my TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Why is it a country that is literally awash with water, a massive resource these days, doesn't know what to do with it?

- A hose pipe ban during a three week downpour - really?
    - We will shortly get the annual report about piping water from the Shannon to Dublin and locals will be up in arms about it. Over my dead body....
    - Fast forward to January - Ciarán Mulhooly sitting on the back of a tractor in a lake that used to be a field interviewing some fella on the Shannon saying this happens every year and the Gubbermint does nothing about it.
    I love this post.

TA's my mother refuses to drive anymore. Like she did it for forty years but just got up one day and decided she'd had enough and my poor dad can be designated driver until he croaks. But... She doesn't mind criticising my driving when she's in the passenger seat. She actually told me today, "there's a woman there with a buggy coming towards you" when the woman with the buggy was literally in my direct line of vision! She also shouts at the TV when the news annoys her. They cant hear you!

Also, I've been doing most of the babba donkey work these days since OH working. Hasn't been that easy but sure I'm just getting on with it. She loves her bath but has a meltdown when I take her out. He had the courage to say, "do you know what would help, if you lightly warned her towel first. That would really help this problem". Listen here partner, I'm trying to keep her alive and fed and not mess her up as a human being, this isn't a spa treatment center!

A news article that actually says a second wave is "immenient". That's not even a word!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Anyone out there with Acer Lappos having freezing issues with them when accessing Google and loading Tabs?

I've had issues with my Acer such as running slow and on more than one occasion wiping the operating system :rolleyes:

I ended up ordering a Dell Inspiron 14 7000 and I am absolutely flabbergasted by how fast it is compared to the Acer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Antares35 wrote: »
    this isn't a spa treatment center!

Sorry but this made me laugh out loud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Watching The Rookie with Nathan Fillion.Great show.

But why oh why,do they always make the serial killer sound like a Hannibal Lector knock off

It just ruins it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A news article that actually says a second wave is "immenient". That's not even a word!

Yes, personally I think some of these top Dr's are enjoying there time in the media. Especially the one's The Sun mention a lot. I find these trivially annoying also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Also who told Owen Wilson he could act.

My shed has more facial expressions than him.

People who laugh at unfunny jokes at comedy gigs; for no other reason I presume, only for it requires a modicum of intelligence to understand the 'pun' or 'play on words; or it could be about a very current current event, so they're only really laughing to show how smart they think they are or up to date on local/national events...

dubstarr wrote: »

Yes! He just has a stupid slack lipped pout. Eugh TA I'm annoyed by this now too :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dubstarr wrote: »

Owen Wilson is not happy with you.........

owen-wilson-gif-10.gif

:pac:

People who pronounce NPHET as "nifit". It's clearly "en-fet" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

My 2-month-old Laptop has crapped itself and died.:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad: Keeps freezing when I load Google Tabs and I don't know if there's any quick way to re-start it I just have to turn it off. And then I have to just sit and annoyingly wait for it to roll and load back into life again only for the exact same thing to happen again an hour later.:( And I have to research and source and sort etc. me Car Insurance in two hours! Lappo please please stop freezing and work right f.f.s.:(:mad::mad: I suppose it serves me right for leaving my Car Insurance right until literally the last minute.:rolleyes:

See, this is why pen and paper will always be King.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Slow walkers.

I went to a farmer's market today thinking it'd be nice outside and maybe a bit safer to be out in the open air. As soon as I got there because of the one way system and social distancing, etc., I got trapped behind a group of six women, probably in their mid-late twenties. Most of them had their arms folded in front of them, which is a bit of an aside, and probably had more to do with feeling vulnerable in their strappy summer tops than the temperature (22C), and they were all moving at the speed of the slowest member of the flock. I don't mind if people aren't in a rush and want to relax and enjoy the nice day, and of course I'll make allowances for the old and/or infirm, but these ladies were moving maddeningly slowly! I've seen toddlers taking their first steps move faster.

I've a friend who works in an office nearby, and I suspect these ladies do too. She says there isn't really time to visit the market for lunch, because even if you have an hour, by the time you walk over, eat, and walk back you're late. If you're moving that bloody slowly I'm not surprised! They must have set off on Monday!

The solution is simple - cattle prods. If you're moving too slowly and get caught you get tasered. Keep it moving people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Staycation - I always thought of a staycation as say when you might have a week off work and stay at home, maybe do a few day trips or a bit of DIY or gardening etc at your absolute leisure not going somewhere else in Ireland for a holiday.

This new (to me) iteration is annoying me :P

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The audience in the Ellen Degeneres show

branie2 wrote: »
    The audience in the Ellen Degeneres show

YES! I like Ellen, but tuned in to her show one day and had to quickly jump for the remote, to switch channels, as the shrieking audience was torturous to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

People referring to Micheál Martin as Me-hole as if they are the first person to think of this.

I'm a Shinner, so have no time for him, but Jesus, it wasn't even funny the first time I heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

YES! I like Ellen, but tuned in to her show one day and had to quickly jump for the remote, to switch channels, as the shrieking audience was torturous to listen to.

As a side note apparently she's an absolute monster of a boss, verbally and emotionally abusive. Also a bit of drama around her not paying staff over lockdown but expecting them to work anyway.

Celebrities ie Actors/Musicians: *Provenance & *Demise (either them or theirs or both.)

Regarding "Punching above their weight vis 'law of averages' "

* Provenance,
    Look a lot of them up on wiki (as I'm reasonably :p sure many of the good folk on boards are wont to do from time to time.).

Reading between the lines, it seems a lot of them might not have existed before they were famous. The amount of them who feature as having been
    "Son/daughter of a diplomat etc and moved around a lot"/ "Parents split up - moved in with stepparent & parent and moved state" / "were homeschooled".
    It seems quite possible that they were known by no-one or very few before they were famous.

*Demise
    A lot of them meet their end through strange/unusual circumstances. But moreso a lot of them have some sort of tragedy of a family member before/not long after the celebrity became famous - Close family members being murdered etc..

It would seem to me that both of the above (moving & dying) are a lot higher among slebs and their rellies than the average. Celebrities are talented I suppose, so I'm wondering why moving around a lot as a kid or very close family members meeting grisly ends makes them better actors/singers/musicians.

As Ellen was mentioned earlier - just before she became really famous her then girlfriend met her end; I can't remember how offhand.

#I do watch a lot of this sort of stuff on YouTube, but that doesn't make any of the abovementioned invalid.

TLDR: HOLLYWEIRD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

People who pronounce NPHET as "nifit". It's clearly "en-fet" :pac:

I prefer to call it neh peh heh eh teh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That annoying, time wasting, over and back, Mrs Doyle pantomime type Irish crap if you want to offer somebody something, tea, food, whatever.
    Do you want this or not, yes or no?

Also the trend of saying someone has "passed".
    "Passed" what, overtaken a slow moving car? "Passed" a kidney stone?
    Is it so hard to say someone died? It's especially ridiculous coming across it on a history blog, you don't even know these people who have been dead for 50 or 60 years.

Graverobbing is sacrilege/vile/disgusting

Yet.........

Desecrating ancient burial sites in the name of science is..... 'Archaeology' :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Greta, and her partner, getting booted from ‘Bake Off: The Professionals’. Guess I’ll just have to focus on the food from now.

Also, TA’d that I’m still a week behind with that show.

The tide is turning…

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement