Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Dear Marketing team,

THOSE LEADS ARE NOT LEADS.

Kind regards,

Sales team

Oh my god I hate marketing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Was assembling something I ordered online and noticed that some screws/ washers are missing. Have called up the company to ask them to send more out, and been on hold for close to 45 mins. Thats not even whats annoying me, its the fact that every two fcuking minutes a woman with a voice that could cut steel is giving the same update over and over again. If you're gonna put me on hold, let me listen to some calming music, and if you're trying to sell me more sh!t, maybe don't use someone who talks like Janice from Friends

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

New Home wrote: »
    And make sure Perfection doesn't steal your keys, your car and your wallet.

You forgot his heart:D

Some part of my brain that reads text. When I write a post I sometimes read it more than once before I ubmit. Sometimes it takes me more than one reread before I spot errors like typos, grammar, syntax - words jumbled up and such.

TA that I can spot these normally straight away on someone else's post. Lazy brain part :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Some part of my brain that reads text. When I write a post I sometimes read it more than once before I ubmit. Sometimes it takes me more than one reread before I spot errors like typos, grammar, syntax - words jumbled up and such.

TA that I can spot these normally straight away on someone else's post. Lazy brain part :mad:

oh dear

• Advertisement

oh dear

They call it "Whoosh" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

People who want the best of gear for way too low a price than it really should be and complaining that it's too expensive when it's shown to them.

I'll elaborate.

My sister in law was looking for a new laptop for work. So I showed her loads that were the cheapest price everywhere, and she said that it was way out of her budget, she only wanted to spend 200. She said she didn't want it to be as slow as the one she currently has (1GB RAM, which is pathetic) and the cheapest ones I could find were all 270 - 400 euro. She was annoyed that they were the price they were. She ended up reluctantly buying one for 250. Two weeks later, she loves it.

Then today someone asked me about buying a Smart TV for a kids bedroom so they could watch YouTube and Disney. She said she wanted it to be the same size as my monitor (which is 28 inches, I think) so I threw up hundreds of TVs on loads of websites that were the ones she described.

All ranging between 250 and 300 euro, brand dependable.

She got annoyed because she only wanted to spend 150.

This kind of thing is too expensive for you, but you'll be happy to pay a grand for a new phone? (Which one of them did a few years ago, now she gets the upgrades every year) Sorry but get your standards under control because they're out of whack right now. These are the prices, the only way you're getting them cheaper is if you buy them used off of someone, which both people didn't want to do (which I don't understand why).

They wanted new devices for boot sale prices. Sort yourselves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And make sure Perfection doesn't steal your keys, your car and your wallet.

Tell you how bad it is, I don't think it was her!

TA that the engine light is gone off after a drive and I really want to know what it was, and am convinced it will come back. Going in for a service on the auto box soon so will have it checked.

TA'd that I'm still pining...

They call it "Whoosh" :D

suuuuuuuuure :D

suuuuuuuuure :D

:pac:

Granted, I didn't "telegraph" it :p , but I'm giving myself th benefit.

Am taking a "Poe's" here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Been single for a while (and not looking). Had a dream last night that I met absolute perfection in my eyes. Night out going really, really good and I wasn't drinking as I was driving. Gets a bit hazy then and all of a sudden I'm outside the pub in the middle of a crowd, she's gone, my phone is gone, my car key is gone, I don't know where I am and no money. I woke up.

That's not my TA. My TA is that I'm pining for her... wtf!!!
    She nicked your car! Was your new special lady called Starla by any chance?
    tumblr_omexiykfob1relg8bo2_400.gifv

Lateness
    Brought my sons to a barbers today,appointment was for 2.
    Hit there at 1.55.They where still cutting 2 other fellas hair.

Waffling the head of them.

2.20 my 2 kids got in to the chair.
    Normally i wouldnt mind it,but it was too warm to stand outside.And inside i had to wear the mask.

I was melted.

If you are going to do appointments,at least stick to the times as best you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Strewth, I am bushed.

tumblr_inline_mm6ra2NdIQ1qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Following on from the lateness TA. I booked the very first appointment of the day with the vets so I could be assured of getting in and out on time. Did I get in at 9am like I wanted? HA!

Arrived at 8.50am, sat in the car for 30 minutes before we were called in. WTAF? If you can't make your first appointment on time then there's no hope for the rest of the day. He wasn't late into the clinic either, I saw him when I arrived and told the receptionist we were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA unnecessary beeping, well beeping in general to be honest. especially people beeping at someone they know as they pass them. hate it.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Following on from the lateness TA. I booked the very first appointment of the day with the vets so I could be assured of getting in and out on time. Did I get in at 9am like I wanted? HA!

Arrived at 8.50am, sat in the car for 30 minutes before we were called in. WTAF? If you can't make your first appointment on time then there's no hope for the rest of the day. He wasn't late into the clinic either, I saw him when I arrived and told the receptionist we were there.

I bet they wouldnt let you be 30 minutes late

Keeping with the team :pac:

Anytime I hear someone say the following, it's rarely good:

"You'll be there all day I suppose?"

Must be the first bit of "theory" taught in trade-school. Usually heard close to or after nine in the PM. The utterer has already said that he "will be there between 2 and 4". This is followed on by a call at 25 to six to say he "will be there at half six - I'm a bit busy today, had to go for parts."

Then there comes that 3rd and last call of the day :(

Annoying on a number of levels, beyond the presumptive one by asking the question itself which, if answered in the negative, a person is made to feel guilty, and or feel obliged to come up with some real or concocted reason why he won't or can't "be there all day". :mad:

It's a most annoying theme alright this lateness. :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Translated: "Your time isn't as valuable as mine".

Translated: "Your time isn't as valuable as mine".

:D Inddeedddyyy yes

Not only that but also:

* He had most likely zero intention of being there any time that day and the fcuker would have known this early on.

As well as, and probably more annoying:

* He decided to go to a later "appointment", because, he thought "fk the next guy - he won't complain."

people that regularly write words like "dat" and "dey". i wonder if they ever bothered going to school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

When you make an effort to look good for someone and they don't care or notice. Well I know I look good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,384 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm only posting this here as I can't find the "things you just don't get" thread , which annoys me , but the love that Disturbs version of the ' sound of silence' gets is beyond me.
    A crap run of the mill version of a great song. Looking tortured does not a great song make !
    There :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

I found my bottle opener but now I have lost my lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

cj maxx wrote: »
    I'm only posting this here as I can't find the "things you just don't get" thread , which annoys me , but the love that Disturbs version of the ' sound of silence' gets is beyond me.
    A crap run of the mill version of a great song. Looking tortured does not a great song make !
    There :(

It's you opinion and all, but like, you're wrong :pac: Even one of the 2 lads said it was an amazing cover, and professional voice coaches and singers all agree that it's a phenomenal version. I like it.

TA'd that the engine light is on again... sake.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's you opinion and all, but like, you're wrong :pac: Even one of the 2 lads said it was an amazing cover, and professional voice coaches and singers all agree that it's a phenomenal version. I like it.

TA'd that the engine light is on again... sake.

It's probably only on when there's rain, or rain is approaching, or rain has fallen recently. It's a weather warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I found my bottle opener but now I have lost my lighter.

At least you didn’t lose your bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

people that regularly write words like "dat" and "dey". i wonder if they ever bothered going to school.

I've a colleague with a degree who uses these, when I see it in an email it makes my eyes bleed.

My TA this morning: Newstalk and the frequency with which they give the cute hoor Healy-Raes a platform to spout their "home-spun wisdom". I can't reach for the off button soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I've a colleague with a degree who uses these, when I see it in an email it makes my eyes bleed.

My TA this morning: Newstalk and the frequency with which they give the cute hoor Healy-Raes a platform to spout their "home-spun wisdom". I can't reach for the off button soon enough.

They know the hoors rile up 3/4 of the population so will gain publicity.

Not trivial, rather infuriating: 7 phone calls and 10 whatsapp messages to 6 different people first thing in the morning to try and sort out a huge mess someone else created that could have dire consequences for an innocent third party. People are despicable, especially when you're related to some of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My coffee grinder broke, I'll have to go back and drink instant for a while *shudder*.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement