Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

New Home wrote: »
    The stupid man that cuts the grass here keeps wrecking my flowerpots with the strimmer. He's shredded dozens of them, often damaging the plants, too. Does my head in. :mad: Would it kill him to watch what he was doing?

Can you get those little wire fency bedding surround things.... They are about 8 inches tall.... The top of them is like an m on repeat.... Or maybe a small little wooden one.

I know you shouldn't have to do it, but he won't be slow about opening his eyed when the strimmer cord breaks and he has to fix it :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was thinking of getting strips of galvanised steel around the pots. I'm not sure what kind of strimmer he uses, but those should take care of even a bladed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It does actually indeed work, my friend.
    But the question is.. How will I get used to reading side ways? :D

Make sure you have 'Auto Rotate' enabled, screen should flip so you can ready normally, just in widescreen, like a mini tv. It will also ensure you don't take photos in portrait mode, which is slightly more than a TA for me.
    The stupid man that cuts the grass here keeps wrecking my flowerpots with the strimmer. He's shredded dozens of them, often damaging the plants, too. Does my head in. :mad: Would it kill him to watch what he was doing?

Install a mini electric fence, but don't tell him it's electric. He'll learn quick.

TA'd that I'm working next weekend and Ghost of Tsushima is out on Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

this whistling nose

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tinnitus is hell, DB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Up at 2am, 5am and 8am with the gremlin. OH "didn't hear her" apparently. When I mentioned the unfairness of the shift over coffee at 9 30 am, he says "sure go to bed now, I'll mind her". It's a bit pointless now doing the big guy! TA I'd love to hop into bed for a few hours now but I can't on principle because I've done the whole "it's a bit late now" charade. Damn...:(

Fruit and veg wrapped in plastic (and sometimes in plastic trays too) when we are trying to move away from things like that. If only fruit and veg had its own naturally occurring protective packaging...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA at overhearing snippets of conversations.

Man walking past saying to friend .

"That's the first time I've done that"

Going by tone it wasn't something positive.
    It is going to annoy me for the day wondering what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ordered a package 2 days ago, knowing that it would arrive today, and according to the tracking it's in my local post office since 10:45am.

TA that this is one of the rarest occasions that the postman is really late, and I'm even more irritated at the idea that he might not show up, and might be Monday when he comes, in which case I won't be home, and he'll probably bring it back to the depot (because it's a large parcel) because I wasn't home, and there is nowhere for me to tell him to leave it without someone robbing it, and I won't have time to go to the post office to collect it until my next day off, which won't be until 7 days.

And I have no friends or family living in this town, it's just me and my partner, who works 12-hour shifts, so there is nobody to pick it up for me.

I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew it wasn't gonna come today.

Would you ring or go to the local post office and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Amature epidemiologists on public transport, loudly sharing their opinion of those of us without a mask.
    Hayfeverisnotcovid. IknowitsnotcovidasIhavehayfeverallyearandImold.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

For some reason unknown to me, I've randomly got Meghan Traynors "It's all about that bass" stuck in my head. What a vile state to be in :(

Edit: No Treble (sorry) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Started the drive over to the Belfast Ikea this morning to pick up a click and collect order that was due for collection today. Husband pointed out that I hadn't got the confirmation email that the order was ready to pick up so I turned around and came home. Still no email. If they ask me to go collect it tomorrow or Monday they can **** right off. I'm not leaving the house past 4pm today. I ordered it to be picked up today for a reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

There's something that has been annoying me for ages, and it's people (usually men, but not necessarily) saying "She's a bit dipsy!".

No, she's ditzy (or ditsy).

She may be a 'dipso', causing her to be ditsy. And the 'dipso' comes from the Greek word for ' I thirst'. (I didn't learn Koiné Greek for 3 years without being able to use it! (25 years later.))

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

When you buy easy peelers and they are not easy to peel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

How fast thorns grow in the hedges.One day you don't see them.Next day they are all over the place.

Stop,I cut several yesterday.
    Trying to pull them out of the hedge with no gloves on then :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Tinnitus is hell, DB.

So much this! Drives ya mad at times!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta I was shaking a bottle of chipotle ketchup earlier and the cover wasn't screwed on properly from when I last used it and don't ask me how but I managed to get ketchup in my eye and it stings still :mad:

Wallpaper paste, sweet suffering jaysus, it will not come off the wall.

I have steamed and scrapped, washed down with hot water, washing up liquid and bicarbonate of soda (a tip from the Internet) and still as tacky as fcuk.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Wallpaper paste, sweet suffering jaysus, it will not come off the wall.

I have steamed and scrapped, washed down with hot water, washing up liquid and bicarbonate of soda (a tip from the Internet) and still as tacky as fcuk.....

I used a sponge and plain cold water, let it soak, then use a scraper. Horrible slimy mess. I'm never using wallpaper again.

madmaggie wrote: »
    I used a sponge and plain cold water, let it soak, then use a scraper. Horrible slimy mess. I'm never using wallpaper again.

I'll give that a shot.

I've never had such an awkward time of stripping paper. A wash after the paper comes off has always been enough.... They must have mixed super glue into the batch too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Deja Boo wrote: »
    So much this! Drives ya mad at times!

Bad with me this week for some reason. Don't know what is bringing it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

I'm watching Season 2 of the documentary "Roman Empire" on Netflix. This one is about Julius Caesar, who apparently was very keen on becoming "Console". :rolleyes: The position was, we're told, effectively the CEO of the Roman Republic, but the writers fail to mention that there were always two Consuls, so that each would act as brake on the ambition or excesses of the other.

Why do history porgrammes so often fail to get even the basics right?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

storker wrote: »
    I'm watching Season 2 of the documentary "Roman Empire" on Netflix. This one is about Julius Caesar, who apparently was very keen on becoming "Console". :rolleyes: The position was, we're told, effectively the CEO of the Roman Republic, but the writers fail to mention that there were always two Consuls, so that each would act as brake on the ambition or excesses of the other.

Why do history porgrammes so often fail to get even the basics right?

Have you a link to back up that, compadre?

Have you a link to back up that, compadre?

Which bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

storker wrote: »
    Which bit?

The most important bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for slow drivers on the motorway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Why does pulling out nose hair hurt so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Archeron wrote: »
    Why does pulling out nose hair hurt so much?

because they are actually attached directly to your brain. not a lot of people know that.

The most important bit.

A link to the programme, or the details of the consulship? The programme is on Netflix, so I can't link it, for details of the consulship, GIYF, amigo. :rolleyes:

Edit: So used to using the Netflix app I forgot you can get it on a broswer: https://www.netflix.com/watch/80191195?trackId=14277283&tctx=-97%2C-97%2C%2C%2C%2C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

because they are actually attached directly to your brain. not a lot of people know that.

But, if like me you have no brain, what are they attached to then? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement