Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I missed Crimecall and it’s not repeated or in the RTÉ player for some reason I enjoy crimecall and it’s not on until September now!
    I’m pathetic I know.

The butler did it. Now you don’t have to wait until September.
    You’re welcome 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My car insurance refunded me €30 as goodwill re CoVid.
    Obviously, the money is very welcome but €30 is a bit scabby imo when I paid approximately €750 for the year.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

These stories annoy me

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2020/0623/1149215-lotto/

Who gives a shyte where the winning ticket was sold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Ifyou coulddoit allagain

Phoenix32 wrote:
    That horrible sense of dread when you're just waiting for someone to let you down again, you know they will and yet somehow you stupidly hope they won't.

Never mind them. Sounds like they're not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    These stories annoy me

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2020/0623/1149215-lotto/

Who gives a shyte where the winning ticket was sold?

Does the shop not get a prize too?

The stories annoy me as it's not me that one.... The fact I forget to do the lotto doesn't diminish the annoyance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

A letter arrived this morning for my brother and it was addressed to his first name, middle name, CONFIRMATION NAME and surname. Who the fcuk uses their confirmation name?!? And he is not some little boy or anything, he's in the mid 20's range. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Why am I always hungry?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A letter arrived this morning for my brother and it was addressed to his first name, middle name, CONFIRMATION NAME and surname. Who the fcuk uses their confirmation name?!? And he is not some little boy or anything, he's in the mid 20's range. :rolleyes:

I received a padded envelope like that, once but it was address to "Ms Princess [My first names] Sparkles [Surname], esq."

Turned out it was a colleague taking the piss, but I start laughing every time I think about it. Don't know what the post office thought. though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Why am I always hungry?
    Me too. I am a wheelie bin for sugary crap.

I have started a book but I can't read more than one or two pages before I fall asleep. The book isn't boring it is just that I am so tired all the time lately.
    At this rate it will take me about 6 years to finish it.

New Home wrote: »
    I received a padded envelope like that, once but it was address to "Ms Princess [My first names] Sparkles [Surname], esq."

Turned out it was a colleague taking the piss, but I start laughing every time I think about it. Don't know what the post office thought. though.

I can understand it for a laugh but this was official documentation. Then again it makes complete sense for my brother, he's the world's biggest bull****ter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Plumber came to fix one of my radiators (was only heating up on one side) and about 3 hours later I noticed one of the valves is leaking, now I'm trying to contact the letting agency to tell them to bring the lad back out to fix it and they are not answering their f*cking phone. Their voicemail is also pissing me off, saying "please leave a text and we will get back to you"

Why? So ye can take your sweet time long after you eventually see the text? I'd rather spam phone calls tbh, this thing is wrecking the floor!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

My car insurance refunded me €30 as goodwill re CoVid.
    Obviously, the money is very welcome but €30 is a bit scabby imo when I paid approximately €750 for the year.

Mine too, easy for them after I forked out €900 (had a claim back in march where I rear ended someone and they claimed €750 from my policy for the tiny dent I made in their car).

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Mine too, easy for them after I forked out €900 (had a claim back in march where I rear ended someone and they claimed €750 from my policy for the tiny dent I made in their car).

In my opinion, (unless the damage is in the thousands) it’s always best to just pay yourself....in the long run.

It could be a worse, you could have a pet insured with a certain Pet Insurance
    Company who decide on A whim to increase the premium by over €100
    Due “market forces and vet increase”. When asked for a breakdown of the 30%
    Increase, all my emails are ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    In my opinion, (unless the damage is in the thousands) it’s always best to just pay yourself....in the long run.

Normally I would but this was a young Asian girl I ran into who burst into wails and floods of tears on the phone to her mother when it happened. The mother and two brothers came to her aid (she was close to her home when it happened) and I gave my details to her mother as she was too hysterical to talk to me herself, really wasn't worth the hassle of chasing them up. And they never contacted me other than to ring my phone at the scene to make sure I hadn't given a fake number.
    That was the week before lockdown as well, so driving into the city to pay up wasn't an option either and I would like to see the invoice before handing over money.

A couple of weeks back I booked an electrician to some work. He said he would call last week. On wed he called at about 11am to say the materials hadn’t arrived (I wasn’t aware he ordered anything, I though he had all materials) and it would be this week before he could get to me...
    No communication since then so I called this morning to see if it would be
    Tomorrow or Friday, to make sure I would be here when he called.
    his response was “sure what odds, aren’t you at home cos of the Covih ting anyway”
    My response was “ well it’s not really your concern if I am currently unemployed or not....and even if I am, I shouldn’t have to sit in for an entire week waiting for you decide if you are going to grace me with your presence”

I think i know needs to dig out my Golden Pages cos I have a feeling my materials
    Are not going to arrive...again��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Why do newspapers quote a full Tweet and then produce a snip from Twitter showing the actual Tweet? Do they think I won't believe them or something? If I want to read something twice I'll just go over it again, thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Why do newspapers quote a full Tweet and then produce a snip from Twitter showing the actual Tweet? Do they think I won't believe them or something? If I want to read something twice I'll just go over it again, thanks.

It's usually for the benefit of Visually Impaired people, the software they use to read usually can't decipher what's written in pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Plumber came to fix one of my radiators (was only heating up on one side) and about 3 hours later I noticed one of the valves is leaking, now I'm trying to contact the letting agency to tell them to bring the lad back out to fix it and they are not answering their f*cking phone. Their voicemail is also pissing me off, saying "please leave a text and we will get back to you"

Happened me just before Covid-19 started. Was dripping for a couple of days before being noticed. Wooden floor bowed as a result. Did dry out but not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People smoking in the underground carpark at Lidl.

Its disgusting ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Porridge faced clocks sucking tabs in Paddy Powers porch.

• Advertisement

Thunder in the air..... my head feels like exploding!!!

The bird pooed on my windscreen again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Sad, tired and wishing I could have a hug.

It would be great to be reincarnated as a bird: you could go around pooing on your old enemies' cars, washing, windows, garden furniture, heads etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭GoatBoy74

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Sad, tired and wishing I could have a hug.

Sit out in the sun, get some vitamin D into you!
    Look at the birds and bees wizzing around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭GoatBoy74

It would be great to be reincarnated as a bird: you could go around pooing on your old enemies' cars, washing, windows, garden furniture, heads etc.

Don’t need to be a bird to do that. Go on give it a go.

GoatBoy74 wrote: »
    Don’t need to be a bird to do that. Go on give it a go.
    Ok. I'll write you from Mountjoy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

It seems that I am personally responsible for;
    An sbo inputting the wrong IBAN on my account, even after me handing it to her printed out.
    Spreading cv all over a local bus as I cant wear a mask(even tho I didnt cough or sit/stand anywhere close to the others)

If I wasnt so hot and tired it would be funny, for now its annoying but not worth the annoyance.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

dubstarr wrote: »
    People smoking in the underground carpark at Lidl.

Its disgusting ugh.

Smoking is disgusting. Smokers are jokers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

dubstarr wrote: »
    Its very rude to pull someone on their grammar. You can read it perfectly well.

Its not like i dont use paragraphs anditallrunsittoeachother

It's punctuation...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement