Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lot of anger in here... has to go somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That so, so many people are irrationally angry about the BLM movement.
    Why are you so angry about it, people?

Wouldn't say I'm angry about it, I just don't like it being shoved in my face at every opportunity. Same with any 'movement' really. But that's for a different thread.

TA'd that i'm working days and I just can't... Applied for a night job, and was told there would only be the odd day shift for training. 10 months on and I'm still working an 8-week roster with 4 scheduled work days (weekends). It's a pain in the hole to have to covert to day mode when for 45 out of 56 days I work/live nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

While I’ve no doubt you’d be able to fill a whole bucket but do you think you’d get a good flight on the “contents”, R?

I mean, you’d have to contend with some of it sticking to the sides, and bottom, of the bucket. To be honest, if you really wanted to go down that route of “retaliation” I’d suggest using a plastic bag and, once full, tie off the top, give it a good swing and, then, let fly.

You’d get good distance and, hopefully, inflict maximum “damage“ on impact. But what do I know, I’m not one for shíte-ing in buckets, like your good self.

All I’m asking is that you consider other, more effective, options.

Thanks E, I’ll defer to your “expert knowledge” on the topic.

And I agree, sh1tting is a plastic bag is far more “civilised” that using a bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Thanks E, I’ll defer to your “expert knowledge” on the topic.

And I agree, sh1tting is a plastic bag is far more “civilised” that using a bucket.

Haha, you flatter me so. No, I’m not one for engaging in any form of “dung war” with my neighbours.

Merely trying to help. I mean, come on, a bucket? You’d be lucky to get the “material” halfway up the garden. Or worse, all you’d manage is a small pile of turds, sitting like cut turf near the wall/fence.

If I’m honest with you, I’d be using a “pellet” gun to take out the spotlight. If you go down the bucket “route” you’ll be leaving a clear trail of launch. At least with the bag, potentially, it could have come from any number of directions.

But, with the old “pea shooter”, they’d be a long time guessing as to where it came from. Keep your powder dry, R.

A little thought goes a long way in these, neighbourly, “feuds”. A long way.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

People in public places letting their dogs off the leash.
    Their dogs might be fine but I cant be sure of that and its a bit stressful on my dog who is on a lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Haha, you flatter me so. No, I’m not one for engaging in any form of “dung war” with my neighbours.

Merely trying to help. I mean, come on, a bucket? You’d be lucky to get the “material” halfway up the garden. Or worse, all you’d manage is a small pile of turds, sitting like cut turf near the wall/fence.

If I’m honest with you, I’d be using a “pellet” gun to take out the spotlight. If you go down the bucket “route” you’ll be leaving a clear trail of launch. At least with the bag, potentially, it could have come from any number of directions.

But, with the old “pea shooter”, they’d be a long time guessing as to where it came from. Keep your powder dry, R.

A little thought goes a long way in these, neighbourly, “feuds”. A long way.

You're assuming Rodney's sh1t would be solid and sticky. With a poor enough diet he could be spurting out gallons of scuttery schite. He could fill the bucket over successive sittings and then fling the whole lot over the wall. Would end with a nice spread and cover the patio and garden furniture with your fecal weapon.

I'd suggest the bag method is more a surgical strike type of operation if you wanted to hit a specific target. The bucket is superior for a more carpet bomb approach.

From stage 2 up you can use the vouchers.

The manufacturer doesn't allow promotions for under 6 months formula as they want to promote bre*St is best.

I don’t think it’s the “manufacturer” that doesn’t allow it, P, it’s the WHO. It’s actually a terrible system. The staff, in places like Boots, aren’t even allowed to answer questions a customer may have on which formula to get.

Even on that course you’re supposed do with a midwife, before the baby arrives, they aren’t supposed to talk about formula.

Ours were all breastfed but that was our decision, others might not be in a “position” to do it or just may not want to. Shocking that these people are left in the dark when it comes to information on feeding their newborn.

The tide is turning…

People who stay "parked"; almost always in the car, for 10-15 minutes in the pickup/dropoff point outside supermarkets. Oftentimes there's several parking spots in the vicinity.. Lazy inconsiderate a-holes. Causes traffic backup what with taxis, minibuses and folk in general who just want to use the spot for its intended purpose. Bit dangerous too - trolleys and the like having to be out in the line of oncoming traffic :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I don’t think it’s the “manufacturer” that doesn’t allow it, P, it’s the WHO. It’s actually a terrible system. The staff, in places like Boots, aren’t even allowed to answer questions a customer may have on which formula to get.

Even on that course you’re supposed do with a midwife, before the baby arrives, they aren’t supposed to talk about formula.

Ours were all breastfed but that was our decision, others might not be in a “position” to do it or just may not want to. Shocking that these people are left in the dark when it comes to information on feeding their newborn.

I feel for any mother struggling with breast feeding and dealing with nosy busy bodies, pressure and shame. It's terrible how many mothers seem to struggle are feel guilt and shame.

However, there still seems to be a a large cohort of people who just don't consider breast feeding at all. I think this is wrong and should be challenged.

It's a fine line to tread.

You're assuming Rodney's sh1t would be solid and sticky. With a poor enough diet he could be spurting out gallons of scuttery schite. He could fill the bucket over successive sittings and then fling the whole lot over the wall. Would end with a nice spread and cover the patio and garden furniture with your fecal weapon.

I'd suggest the bag method is more a surgical strike type of operation if you wanted to hit a specific target. The bucket is superior for a more carpet bomb approach.

Well, Mr. Bathgate did say that his “reply” would be sent over “the next night” so I’m not really sure how much of a bucket one would fill in that time.

I, myself, usually use the facilities for a “movement”, of that nature, once, something twice, a day.

Perhaps someone like Rodney there would be running in 4 to 6 times? But I doubt that, he strikes me as someone who is more “bound up” than most. Only going once a week, and that wouldn’t be an enjoyable experience.

Who knows, maybe he could go “harvesting” dog foulings, with his trusty bucket, from the local park? Just a thought.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

People who stay "parked"; almost always in the car, for 10-15 minutes in the pickup/dropoff point outside supermarkets. Oftentimes there's several parking spots in the vicinity.. Lazy inconsiderate a-holes. Causes traffic backup what with taxis, minibuses and folk in general who just want to use the spot for its intended purpose. Bit dangerous too - trolleys and the like having to be out in the line of oncoming traffic :mad:

Made me remember, when I was a Garda, I told a lad to move on as he was parked in a loading bay. He looked at me like I asked to ride his missus and started his verbal diarrhea of giving out and insults. Said he wasn't parked because the car was running. I asked him 2 simple questions: 1) Are you in traffic, and 2) Are you in motion. The answer to both was no, so I let him know the only other option is parked. He still didn't move. Gave him a ticket. Some people...

Well, Mr. Bathgate did say that his “reply” would be sent over “the next night” so I’m not really sure how much of a bucket one would fill in that time.

I, myself, usually use the facilities for a “movement”, of that nature, once, something twice, a day.

Perhaps someone like Rodney there would be running in 4 to 6 times? But I doubt that, he strikes me as someone who is more “bound up” than most. Only going once a week, and that wouldn’t be an enjoyable experience.

Who knows, maybe he could go “harvesting” dog foulings, with his trusty bucket, from the local park? Just a thought.

I thought everyone kept a faeces “reserve” on hand for occasions such as this?

Far easier to sh1t into a bucket than a bag I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I thought everyone kept a faeces “reserve” on hand for occasions such as this?

Far easier to sh1t into a bucket than a bag I would have thought.

You can throw the bag further.
    And blame the neighbours from a door down again :pac:

blade1 wrote: »
    You can throw the bag further.
    And blame the neighbours from a door down again :pac:

A drone strike would probably be best for anonymity. Crap in the bucket, transfer to a bag, tie the bag to the drone, launch, fly in from a different direction and bomb’s away, then reverse the course for the homeward journey.

If anyone deserves a bucket of ****e it's this lot , sitting there watching people struggle around their cars, brazen enough to hold your stare when you throw them daggers, they usually have the window down and the arm resting on it like a boss ,lazy fat lumps waiting for their lazy family to haul back the trolley of fizzy drinks, crisps and cheap beer. Hate them.

If anyone deserves a bucket of ****e it's this lot , sitting there watching people struggle around their cars, brazen enough to hold your stare when you throw them daggers, they usually have the window down and the arm resting on it like a boss ,lazy fat lumps waiting for their lazy family to haul back the trolley of fizzy drinks, crisps and cheap beer. Hate them.

Operative word there :pac: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Ifyou coulddoit allagain

Your Face wrote:
    People in public places letting their dogs off the leash. Their dogs might be fine but I cant be sure of that and its a bit stressful on my dog who is on a lead.

This is such a common trend with simpleton dog owners. When we're at a quiet beach and you can let the dog off the lead we do. When we see people coming, we put him back on the lead until they're gone by. He's our responsibility, not theirs. I wish the majority of other dog owners had this attitude alas I would say 70% of other dog owners could not be bothered showing one ounce of respect to others and leave their dog or dogs off the lead bounding towards you. It's usually bigger dogs too and the owner's opening line is usually sorry they're just friendly bla bla bla. No you're not sorry, you're an ignorant bastard is what you are.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lads, lads, lads. What if you line the bucket with the bag?

Anyway, wasn't there a poo etiquette thread somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Ifyou coulddoit allagain

I was wondering if the bag got snagged on a thorny bush upon throwing. *shudders*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Free manure?

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Lads, lads, lads. What if you line the bucket with the bag?

Anyway, wasn't there a poo etiquette thread somewhere?

Probably need a wheelie bin rather than a bucket if that thread is anything to go by .😂

As long as the neighbour doesn't install a wind turbine... :pac: ;)

That's a stellar thread on etiquette, one which this poster would be nowhere near verbose or accomplished enough to partake in.

I'm content enough to just enjoy the "regular" posters' musings.

I reckon jealousy has a significant part to play on the behalf of those who would have it denigrated :pac:
    It's pretty easy to ignore a thread, don't get this threadbashing at all at all :(:D

That's a stellar thread on etiquette, one which this poster would be nowhere near verbose or accomplished enough to partake in.

I'm content enough to just enjoy the "regular" posters' musings.

I reckon jealousy has a significant part to play on the behalf of those who would have it denigrated :pac:
    It's pretty easy to ignore a thread, don't get this threadbashing at all at all :(:D

I certainly wasn't bashing it, it's the funniest thread imo and definitely best left to the 'regulars', some brilliant posts on it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being forced to interact with an 'expert' in a certain topic, who clearly has NO actual experience in the same topic.

Even more ta, when they contradict a person with the issue or a therapist dealing with its variations every working day.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I certainly wasn't bashing it, it's the funniest thread imo and definitely best left to the 'regulars', some brilliant posts on it tbh.

:) I wasn't commenting on you DD or any of the recent posters on this particular thread.

The etiquette thread was brought up tangentially here so I thought it as good a time as any to bring up a TA about how it's so often unfairly lambasted by some posters, and also how it's oftentimes mentioned as part of a riposte/rebuttal elsewhere. There's no place for using another completely unrelated thread to throw "sh1t" in a conversation or debate :(

I concur.. There are some sterling posts on it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When someone is saying something sad on tv usually about a relative dying or getting ill they always play sombre piano music. When they talk about how they have turned their life around etc it is uplifting piano.
    Like we, the viewer are too dim to feel any emotions ourselves, we have to be musically prompted all the time.
    Gear grinder :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This weather is an effing joke.
    June is over and if this continues for July, the summer is over.
    How much more miserable can 2020 get?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I think we've had a fantastic spring and early summer. Very little rain and lots of sunshine.

• Advertisement

2020: "Challenge accepted!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement