Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    On the theme of unrealistic things that happen in tv shows do you ever notice that people never say goodbye when they hang up? It's like they just put down the phone after talking.

I used to work with a man like that. He'd say what he wanted to say, you'd be half way through a sentence to give your opinion, and then...click. :D He was renowned for it.

My trivial annoyance this morning is that I forgot my swipe card for work so I'll be depending on others to let me through whatever door, assuming anybody's around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Ifyou coulddoit allagain

I can't type on my phone this morning. It's like I've a really bad version of fatfingeritis. Keep hitting the wrong letters and it's taking me ages to write anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

On American shows, the housewife/mother character always makes a massive breakfast from scratch. Then the hubby hurries downstairs with one arm in his jacket and one out, holding his briefcase and looking for his car keys.
    Says he has no time for brekkie, takes a slurp of coffee, kisses her cheek and runs out the door with a half a slice of toast hanging out of his gob.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Antares35 wrote: »
    Not a TA but our prodigal cat returned. :)

Well he didn't so much return as I had to collect him from a house a mile away where he was being fed.

TA cats are such unloyal little pr*cks. :pac: I've aged about five years in a fortnight.

Yay.
    I said he could have a new home!
    Nose out of joint with the new baby, no doubt.

Glad he's OK!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

carolmon wrote: »
    Here's a really simple tip for helping people remember left and right

Hold your hands straight out in front of you palms facing away.
    Put your thumbs at right angles.

The left-hand will make the L sign ðŸ˜

I have to do this all the time, especially when I'm in a taxi trying to direct them to where I want to go. It's become a joke with my husband at this stage, anytime I say go right, he just assume's I mean left. And I usually do.

TA for the day/week is an issue in work that's been on the horizon for at least 4 years and has gained momentum in the last month. It has now exploded and EVERYTHING IS URGENT. I've had more Teams meetings and emails flying around in the past week than I've had since the lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Or when they ask for a pint in their local pub and the barman automatically knows what beer they want.

Anyway...I'm TA'd that the 101 bus drove past my stop this morning so I had to wait 20 minutes for the next one.

And in a shop, or a pub, they seem to hand in the correct money, seldom needing change. I haven't watched soaps in a while but they seemed to take a long time to adjust to using cards of any description or atms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭Be right back

dubstarr wrote: »
    My favourite.They live in a huge mansion,they have a row.

And theh sleep on the couch.Not only that,its the smallest couch made.

Or characters in minimum wage jobs, that live in big fancy apartments, ie Friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

Or when they ask for a pint in their local pub and the barman automatically knows what beer they want.

If it's their local that's not unusual. Plenty of regulars I knew over the years who'd only have to nod at me or raise their glass and I'd pull their pint for them.

One place I worked there was a local older man who'd only have to see his head going by the window and I'd start pulling his Guinness! Bob was about 6'2" with hands the size of shovels who'd worked as a gardener his whole life. Only word to describe him was a gentleman. Handy lad to have sitting at the bar if you had to throw anyone out when you were on by yourself.

To raise a trivial annoyance most regulars would just pay for their pints as they go but the odd one runs tabs and pays at the end. Most would pay up no problem but I remember one in particular who nearly ever time would query how many drinks he had. Insisting he only had 4 when he could have had 5 or 6. Don't think he was being mean just genuinely couldn't keep track. He was pretty well off and thankfully usually he wife was with him and tell him to cop on and just pay.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Was in the shop, buying milk. A 12 year old boy with a huge feck off ring on his finger was waiting. Then he sneezed in his hand, so I took the hint and moved aside.
    He then proceeded to touch 3 different bottles with his sneezy hand before picking one.

Remind me again why we are allowed to slap other people’s kids. Then take them home and slap their parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Tools using hands free at maximum volume with car windows open. The whole street gets to hear one side of the conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I just spent all morning in proximity with a fat middle-aged married man make a complete fool of himself trying to impress a young wan at work.

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Your Face wrote: »
    I just spent all morning in proximity with a fat middle-aged married man make a complete fool of himself trying to impress a young wan at work.

Jaysus.

Now that's no way to talk about yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

There's a beautiful sculpture carved into a tree beside St Anne's Park..... Its all different animals so can't offend anyone.

It was set on fire.

Ffs what is wrong with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

It seems we have reached the "ah fcuk it" stage of the pandemic here in London. Not a notion of social distancing or consideration for other people when I leave the house. Families of 5 walking side-by-side down the street without a care in the world, gangs of teenagers in parks, BBQ parties in neighbour's gardens, etc etc.

It's been like this now for weeks with no sign that the numbers are even moving in the right direction, I get that the government is a pack of incompetent bloody idiots and lockdown is a bit bloody boring but like what's even the point of following the rules when noone else is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Now that's no way to talk about yourself :D

Struck a nerve? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm TA'd at myself.
    Done some pigging out over the weekend.
    Normally fairly good, might treat myself once a week( not every week)but stuffed my face all weekend.
    That's it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Your Face wrote: »
    Struck a nerve? ;)

Ah I was only teasing :)

And also I'm a woman and not middle aged so.....not really striking a nerve there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

There's a beautiful sculpture carved into a tree beside St Anne's Park..... Its all different animals so can't offend anyone.

It was set on fire.

Ffs what is wrong with people.

Ah no :(

I only saw that for the first time last week in a picture online , thought it was beautiful .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not sure if i am more TA'd at waking up with a cold sore or the fact that i had to spend €10 on a tube of zovirax that i will lose before i use half of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah no :(

I only saw that for the first time last week in a picture online , thought it was beautiful .

I haven't walked down to it, so just seeing the pics on Facebook.

In theory it looks like it might be able to get sanded back... The poor turtles got the brunt of it, but they are still visible...... The thought process of thinking let's destroy this, is what gets me.

We have great fun with the kids trying to identify all the animals, each time you look at it another animal appears. The guy who carved it is extremely talented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

More TAs because it's Monday and I'm sick of everyone's bs.

Amazon Prime. No I don't want a "Free" trial. You can ask me 56 more times and the answer won't change.

Monday-itis. Somehow it's so much worse since WFH. Cannot find a single fcuk to give today.

How close the neighbour's garden is from my kitchen table / work station. Any time anyone comes out the back they have a bird's eye view of me sitting working away. There's only so many times I can say 'hi' and smile awkwardly in one eight hour shift.

How hard it is to work in Sales during a pandemic. Can't get a freakin text back from any of my clients at the moment.

Pointless internal work meetings. And not being listened to when I give feedback about how pointless said meetings are because office politics.

Why are Mondays so long?

Not sure if i am more TA'd at waking up with a cold sore or the fact that i had to spend €10 on a tube of zovirax that i will lose before i use half of it

Too late now but I reckon Savlon does just as good a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

blade1 wrote: »
    Too late now but I reckon Savlon does just as good a job.

i didnt have any of that either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭Be right back

Plastic covers covering children in buggies when it's not raining or very cold.

On the subject of : Forgotten-lost swipe cards in work,

People who stand at the door waving through the square/strip of glass in the middle/top, if there be a glass partition on said door.

My TA here,
    Either:
    * Wait until someone else is entering/exiting
    *Go the long way around - if possible/feasible
    *Or actually KNOCK ON THE EFFIN DOOR

But DON'T stand there waving in the direction of the few people- maybe just 1 person who could possibly see you from that angle :pac:

One of them could/might have been me, and somewhat of a guilt complex kicks in that they were expecting 'moi' to have eyes focussed doorside :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

mondays

do.
    not.
    like.

Plastic covers covering children in buggies when it's not raining or very cold.

Anti-covid device?

Lack of relatively instant feedback when I hit submit reply on this here website. Did I hit/click the icon with enough force... thought I did, wait 2 seconds - still nothing, maybe 5 seconds later I see movement. Slow Boards :(

Deja Boo wrote: »
    mondays

do.
    not.
    like.

Tell me why?:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

bitofabind wrote: »
    Amazon Prime. No I don't want a "Free" trial. You can ask me 56 more times and the answer won't change..

GMail, every single time: Do you want yo switch to Chrome? Are you sure? Ah go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, etc.
    Anti-covid device?
    My thoughts exactly./ My thoughts exactly./ My thoughts exactly. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement