Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

New Home wrote: »
    GMail, every single time: Do you want yo switch to Chrome? Are you sure? Ah go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, etc.

My thoughts exactly./ My thoughts exactly./ My thoughts exactly. :D

I see what you did there :)

My TA,
    Ta'd that I can't think of one at the mo.. :pac:
    That's close to running afoul I guess :o

A proxy TA in advance

If WFM comes a thing and when this lockdown scenario comes to a halt I'm thinking of all the poor fcukers who will be W'ingFH and their friends/neighbours will think it's okay to call around anytime :D

It might be ok now but this sh1t is in the post :p

Unless people will be happy with the interruption, but they probably in the minority

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

A proxy TA in advance

If WFM comes a thing and when this lockdown scenario comes to a halt I'm thinking of all the poor fcukers who will be W'ingFH and their friends/neighbours will think it's okay to call around anytime :D

Unless people will be happy with the interruption, but they probably in the minority

I think I've set the expectation for all friends and acquaintances that unless they are on fire and can't find a water source on the street, don't knock on my door unexpectedly. I'm always welcoming of guests, but have the manners to let me know that you're calling over

It actually sets my teeth on edge to watch people do this to my parents for example, who come from an age where this was common. It annoys them, but they're too polite to say anything. Everyone has a mobile now though, there's no excuse for this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

A proxy TA in advance

Don't answer the door.... Sorry didn't hear doorbell /was on a conference call /zoom went on forever/you knocked? I must have been out hanging out the washing.

The propaganda from RTE continuing apace.

Plus, the amount of money it must have cost to build the set on tonight's (last night now I suppose - watching on +1) show, fake pub and all that. :cool: :rolleyes:

And they have the audacity to keep harping on about the bloody licence :mad:

• Advertisement

^^^^^^

* Claire Byrne show

Liam fkn Cunningham goin on about Sean O'Casey, community spirit and whatnot, giving out about gentrification.

"community spirit" - same bloke is probably for mass immigration; probably at odds with community spirit :confused:

That's enough RTE for me for a month :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

OH is working from home and I'm on maternity leave. I do appreciate we are very lucky to be in this position and he is around to see his little girl and not just come home to put her to bed etc. however I have two TAs arising.

1: He finishes work at 4. In all the time I've known him he finishes at this time. Oddly, since our girl arrived, he is "working an extra hour" past his finish time every day and he won't emerge from the office until 5. Far be it from me to be cynical but I could have sworn I've heard animé during that hour and the occasional soft whistle snore... If you need an hour to yourself just say so!

2. He keeps reminding me how tired he is because, you know, he is "still working" - the implication being that I'm not. I've resisted the temptation to tell him he's working an 8 hour day whereas I'm doing a 24 hour one! I think he thinks I'm on annual leave :p

A proxy TA in advance

A while ago I was in the kitchen and saw someone walking around the back of the house. When I looked out it was my batty neighbour. She had rang the doorbell and got no answer so decided to try the back door. FFS. Other neighbours told me after she had knocked into them to ask where I was. They tried to drop a hint saying we had a new baby and maybe we were sleeping or whatever and she apparently said 'no no I listened at the door but didn't hear a baby crying". At the time I remember I was wearing only flip flops and pants and was run ragged making formula and throwing a wash on. In hindsight if I'd opened the door to her at least it would have been the last time she'd knock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I missed Crimecall and it’s not repeated or in the RTÉ player for some reason I enjoy crimecall and it’s not on until September now!
    I’m pathetic I know.

• Advertisement

Switched RTE off. +1 Film Four, Sing Street on. Not too bad, seems fairly good.

Then on Ad break ruddy ACTIONAID advertisement shilling money for GIRLS, saying they've suffered brutalities and the like and to donate..... Not that it matters but none of them are white.

TA here is why don't they call out the Countries/Cultures etc over this barbarity so.. Too PC for that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Antares35 wrote: »
    OH is working from home and I'm on maternity leave. I do appreciate we are very lucky to be in this position and he is around to see his little girl and not just come home to put her to bed etc. however I have two TAs arising.

1: He finishes work at 4. In all the time I've known him he finishes at this time. Oddly, since our girl arrived, he is "working an extra hour" past his finish time every day and he won't emerge from the office until 5. Far be it from me to be cynical but I could have sworn I've heard animé during that hour and the occasional soft whistle snore... If you need an hour to yourself just say so!

2. He keeps reminding me how tired he is because, you know, he is "still working" - the implication being that I'm not. I've resisted the temptation to tell him he's working an 8 hour day whereas I'm doing a 24 hour one! I think he thinks I'm on annual leave :p

That does my head in.My dp was the exact same.
    I remember having to have 2 blood transfusions after the last baby.

Lying there in the bed,feeding the baby,and getting teh blood transfusions.And he complains hes tired.:rolleyes:

I told the nurse to give him the blood,as he obviously needed it more.At least he had the decency to look ashamed.

I will give some advice though,give him the baby for an hour a day.Go shower or have something to eat.You do need a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

dubstarr, I love all your posts but please please please leave a space after you put a full stop/comma. Have you not noticed others doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The obsession with cooking pizza at home, be it outdoors or in the oven, at the moment.
    It seems everyone is, suddenly a pizza expert, now, talking about % hydration and 96 hour proves! You'd swear pizza was invented in January of this year.
    It's put me off making pizza.

dubstarr wrote: »
    That does my head in.My dp was the exact same.
    I remember having to have 2 blood transfusions after the last baby.

Lying there in the bed,feeding the baby,and getting teh blood transfusions.And he complains hes tired.:rolleyes:

I told the nurse to give him the blood,as he obviously needed it more.At least he had the decency to look ashamed.

I will give some advice though,give him the baby for an hour a day.Go shower or have something to eat.You do need a break.

Hilarious 😂

Ah no in fairness I get two hours in the evening to take the dog out. Part of our "keep lavishing attention on the dog so she doesn't act out and feel resentful" thing which has thankfully worked, she's a real little nanny and quite protective of the small person now.

He also complains he finds it hard to get off to sleep. I could sleep standing up and it's a TA of mine in general when people are like this. I can still hear my nan saying "ah when you're tired enough you'll sleep". She had zero tolerance for insomnia and come to think of it, for most things. She also thought people who were depressed were "suffering from a good dose of themselves". Not the kind of person you would be pouring your heart out to!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

dubstarr, I love all your posts but please please please leave a space after you put a full stop/comma. Have you not noticed others doing it?

TA for me are when there are 2 spaces after a full stop or comma. Why? :confused:

Also when people use the word advices. :mad:

Got coughed on in dunnes by an oap....

Well she coughed beside me and into her hand just to ensure maximum spread.

Plus couldn't say anything as no way you'd come out of that exchange in a positive light. Oaps being a protected species these days and they are the worst bloody offenders, in my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    TA for me are when there are 2 spaces after a full stop or comma. Why? :confused:

Also when people use the word advices. :mad:

It is the way us old people were taught. it is a hangover from the days of typewriters. I still do it as I think it is easier to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It is the way us old people were taught. it is a hangover from the days of typewriters. I still do it as I think it is easier to read.

One space after a comma, two after a full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My family of origin have issues with labelling, which makes communication difficult even amongst ourselves.

One of the more bizarre ones from today, 'get that garlic out of the fridge', I hate garlic and only have it in dried ground form, which is not kept in the fridge.

After much verbiage(that smelly thing in the fridge) I discovered the problem is the celeriac I bought a week ago.

*This from a person who watches cookery shows regularly.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ta'd by perpetual moaniness in a work colleague. I don't actually think the woman knows how to just be content. I've become her shoulder to whinge on during the lockdown and it's actually really starting to wear me down. :(

Its very rude to pull someone on their grammar. You can read it perfectly well.

Its not like i dont use paragraphs anditallrunsittoeachother

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

people scheduling meetings at lunchtime. i am feckin starving.

people scheduling meetings at lunchtime. i am feckin starving.

Or 8am or 16:30...... Feck off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Ifyou coulddoit allagain

Bullsheeit fake niceness on the internet. I'm a cynical bastard at the best of times but really not in the mood for it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Ifyou coulddoit allagain

Also martyrs. Would you quit listing all normal things you've done like you're some hero worthy of father/ husband of the year. Ugh

An oul rant is very satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I don't know what's wrong with me today but I feel so heavy and lethargic. It's more than tiredness, it's like someone sapped all of the energy out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Was told last week that I was to come into work on the 23rd (today) to do a new tour of the place because we're changing our routines to suit COVID19 regulations. It was only going to be an hour and a half.

Got a text yesterday to say "well Dave 11am tomorrow, make sure to wear your boots and uniform"

TA that I was the only c*nt in there wearing f*cking boots, when everyone else was wearing runners, one of them wearing sketchers and casual clothing. And here's me, dopey Dave with two fresh blisters on his feet from hiking 45 minutes in steel toecaps, and 45 minutes home. Rang the boss then to find out when the new roster sheet will be in "oh could be next week or the week after"

Well sh1te!

Keep in mind I'm a contract cleaner in a tourist-heavy location, that has been closed to the general public for 3 and a half months, and won't be opening for another couple of weeks, so there was nothing going on in there. Boots me arse.

Protocol and all that - I get it, but not when there's 4 of us and no visitors.

On a more positive note, I am happy that I'll get to go somewhere other than Lidl, and earn money again. :pac:

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I don't know what's wrong with me today but I feel so heavy and lethargic. It's more than tiredness, it's like someone sapped all of the energy out of me.

The day itself is like that.Its just so draining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Bullsheeit fake niceness on the internet. I'm a cynical bastard at the best of times but really not in the mood for it today.

Can't be arsed to be cynical or nice?We need clarification.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement