Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Aglomerado wrote: »
    People like that are the reason nuclear foul smelling farts were invented.

I'll bring you with me the next time so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was in Tesco Today and this person followed me everywhere. Firstly they nearly sat on top of me when I was choosing a paper. Then got in my way near the lettuce and when I was picking out my shampoo they were almost on top of me.
    I just couldn't shake them off. They also kept on throwing me dirty looks.

Here's another for you ya feckin' ......... :pac:

images-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Emmet, no discussion of moderator actions on thread, even if a different thread, take it to pm

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 18,258 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

New Home wrote: »
    Use unicode. :cool:

Annoying, but cheaper than a new keyboard (and less annoying than the on-screen keyboard).

Jayus that's great - better than nothing. I only thought you could use them codes for special characters.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Best not to “deploy” any of those in Austria, A. The cops over there take a dim view on the matter and will fine you, accordingly.

Is that because of post war discomfort with Austria's most flatulent son, A.Hitler? Curiouser and curiouser!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

TA'd I had a TA and came here to post it, but after reading the last couple of pages I've forgotten what it was... I'm only 37 FFS! I shouldn't be forgetting stuff that quick already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Forgot how exhausting it is to try pay attention to my husbands football talk. "yes honey Martial is having a woeful game, he should've definitely been taken off at half time".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

wonky sleep pattern headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Dropped my phone on the tiles and the screen is bullet ridden now.
    On the good side, it's a protective screen so it's a small cost to replace it rather than repair the actual screen.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I was in Tesco Today and this person followed me everywhere. Firstly they nearly sat on top of me when I was choosing a paper. Then got in my way near the lettuce and when I was picking out my shampoo they were almost on top of me.
    I just couldn't shake them off. They also kept on throwing me dirty looks.

Met one of those yesterday. I decided to have a look at the baby clothes etc while getting some shopping (also TA all the girls stuff is gone - do people not dress boys??). Never bought F&F before and obviously doomed to never have the joy! Anyway here she comes the big brazen chops on her and a jaw like a f*ckin cement mixer halfway up my árse trying to push past to get to the half price knickers as if they were some kind of bespoke bum covering. Big bullish brut beside her with his signet rings and no nonsense glare. Never mind that there are clear as day floor markings and a plethora of signs telling people to go one direction, keep a 2m distance etc. You'd swear she'd nothing to cover her modesty with and needed them in that very instant. Talk about being bulldozed...

I'm in a group that recycles baby and kid stuff. Great for reducing waste and helping those in need etc especially during the lockdown when shops were closed. But literally every single post will be responded to within ten seconds by ten people all jumping over each other for the stuff, and then wanting to be next in line. It could be a fúcking rock from a beach somewhere and there will be a queue. I don't know why it annoys me because I tend not to want the stuff just all these hungry gits will take anything for nothing. They must spend all day waiting to be the first to PM or something??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Antares35 wrote: »
    Met one of those yesterday. I decided to have a look at the baby clothes etc while getting some shopping (also TA all the girls stuff is gone - do people not dress boys??). Never bought F&F before and obviously doomed to never have the joy! Anyway here she comes the big brazen chops on her and a jaw like a f*ckin cement mixer halfway up my árse trying to push past to get to the half price knickers as if they were some kind.kf bespoke bum covering. Big bullish brut beside her with his signet rings and no nonsense glare. Never mind that there are clear as day floor markings and a plethora of signs telling people to go one direction, keep a 2m distance etc. You'd swear she'd nothing to cover her modesty with and needed them in that very instant. Talk about being bulldozed...

I'm in a group that recycles baby and kid stuff. Great for reducing waste and helping those in need etc especially during the lockdown when shops were closed. But literally every single post will be responded to within ten seconds by ten people all jumping over each other for the stuff, and then wanting to be next in line. It could be a fúcking rock from a beach somewhere and there will be a queue. I don't know why it annoys me because I tend not to want the stuff just all these hungry gits will take anything for nothing. They must spend all day waiting to be the first to PM or something??

I posted this in the CoVid thread earlier.
    My son was in a shop today at the counter, he's a nice and respectable boy.
    Three young wans, he said tough looking, got right up behind him and one cretin coughed at his back dramatically and started laughing.
    He's too young and quiet to call them out.
    I was so disgusted and even more so when he estimated they were in their 20s.
    Absolute vermin.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I posted this in the CoVid thread earlier.
    My son was in a shop today at the counter, he's a nice and respectable boy.
    Three young wans, he said tough looking, got right up behind him and one cretin coughed at his back dramatically and started laughing.
    He's too young and quiet to call them out.
    I was so disgusted and even more so when he estimated they were in their 20s.
    Absolute vermin.

Scumbags :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If someone does that to me, I'm taking it as an assault and I will fuking deck them in self defence. I'll take my day in court.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Antares35 wrote: »
    Met one of those yesterday. I decided to have a look at the baby clothes etc while getting some shopping (also TA all the girls stuff is gone - do people not dress boys??). Never bought F&F before and obviously doomed to never have the joy! Anyway here she comes the big brazen chops on her and a jaw like a f*ckin cement mixer halfway up my árse trying to push past to get to the half price knickers as if they were some kind of bespoke bum covering. Big bullish brut beside her with his signet rings and no nonsense glare. Never mind that there are clear as day floor markings and a plethora of signs telling people to go one direction, keep a 2m distance etc. You'd swear she'd nothing to cover her modesty with and needed them in that very instant. Talk about being bulldozed...

I know exactly what you mean, the jaw like a cement mixer is such an excellent description.
    We are months at this social distancing, and some people still have not got the hang of it or appear oblivious to it. :mad:
    No manners in the first place, so that was never going to change.

Similarly on a local freecycle page, I reckon some sit with the page permanently open. They are the first in, for absolutely everything. It's almost like 'I don't care what it is, but it's free, want, want want'.

To sell on, in some cases. They can't possibly need every item that appears, no matter what size, in the case of clothes. Or they must have their houses and sheds stuffed with furniture, bikes, you name it, they want it.
    And a lot of them are barely civil when asking for stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I've only been in shops twice since the restrictions for people cocooning lifted. TA'd I get given out to when I do something wrong because I'm not used to the new rules. I'm trying my best to follow signs etc but I'm anxious enough as it is when I'm outside that check out staff reprimanding me for being too close to my dad is not particularly helpful. Not all of us have had time to adjust to the new rules of being outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I've only been in shops twice since the restrictions for people cocooning lifted. TA'd I get given out to when I do something wrong because I'm not used to the new rules. I'm trying my best to follow signs etc but I'm anxious enough as it is when I'm outside that check out staff reprimanding me for being too close to my dad is not particularly helpful. Not all of us have had time to adjust to the new rules of being outside.

Eh that's the staff being an idiot.

The 2metre rule doesn't apply to people of the same household, and I doubt you are swinging out of your dad.

Take your time and enjoy your freedom :)

TV reporters doing that walking towards the camera spreading their arms and clasping them/interlocking their fingers thing.

Also - Politicians - Blokes in this case and it's mainly ministers I'm on about here. When they get out of their chauffeur driven
    car to walk the 15 - 40 yards to whatever building it is they're going to; straight away with the button the jacket routine. It's like they're
    too self-conscious/uptight to walk with their hands swinging. You're supposed to be a boss ffs - act like it.

And as if that's not bad enough when they're at/very close to the entrance (which is usually flocked with reporters) of the building the
    politician pretends he's talking/responding to some reporter to the side and behind the front rank of reporters, as said politician advances
    towards entrance. Fk that, should be walking straight ahead confidently and casually; like a boss.

Exactly why imo the staff "pick" on you to "lay down the law"
    as it were. As an experiment, if I were you I'd keep an eye out (mouth shut mind :pac: ) going forward when you're a bit more relaxed perhaps to see if they're as stringent on the "Dean and Jacinta" types.

Probably won't say a mumbling word to that type :pac:. It's the same with security guards and such in general; like when it comes towards closing time and who they decide to let in etc.. Hard on the weak and weak on the strong it appears.

I feel your pain, I know it only too well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Exactly why imo the staff "pick" on you to "lay down the law"
    as it were. As an experiment, if I were you I'd keep an eye out (mouth shut mind :pac: ) going forward when you're a bit more relaxed perhaps to see if they're as stringent on the "Dean and Jacinta" types.

Probably won't say a mumbling word to that type :pac:. It's the same with security guards and such in general; like when it comes towards closing time and who they decide to let in etc.. Hard on the weak and weak on the strong it appears.

I feel your pain, I know it only too well :(
    That's because the staff have learned from experience that D and J have no qualms about screaming the place down and causing a big scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

In my local chemist here, they changed the rules twice in as many months, I followed the rules according to the sign posts but was asked to wait outside, by going down the right side of the shop.

Left and Right are alien concepts to me, so I guessed which one I should take and was given the hard face as I was called back in front of everyone already in the shop, go RIGHT was snarled at me, so I asked them to point, got an eye roll and grudging pointing.

Next month, all changed and I couldn't cope on the basis it was proven to be a hostile place for those of us with r/l dyslexia.

Im not going in there until this is over, meds are expensive enough without an outbreak of humiliation. So OP I hear you!

TA business's who cater to all kinds of ppl, too mean to have enter/exit signs printed for the duration.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Everything is getting so pricey. They will probably increase the price of drink when they re-open the pubs.

"Staying apart brings us closer". It has actually usurped "doing more with less"
    as far as nonsense goes.

'Boards.ie is not responding' - gotta give that one a mention.

404s and 503s already mentioned :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,397 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I thought today was Sunday.
    Settling down to watch the Mersey-side Derby only to discover it's tomorrow

Sportspeople "taking the knee" as a gesture. Not much of a "gesture" if it's compulsory or foisted upon them by upper management. Same sh1t as Poppy's etc... Black armbands a different story imo if it was for one of their own ie former player/manager etc...

And who or what tf are they "taking the knee" for - that bloke over in America?
    Wtf has America got to do with England?

Or maybe it's for some(one)thing else - hard to keep up with the latest virtue signalling cause celebre...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

When you order Saturday night pizza and the pizza place hasn't bothered to cut the slices properly so you have to go to the kitchen and get a carving knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When you order Saturday night pizza and the pizza place hasn't bothered to cut the slices properly so you have to go to the kitchen and get a carving knife.

At least you're at home

Sometimes that happens when I get a roll or sandwich for lunch and eat it at desk or outside. No way of finishing off the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I was on my longest drive today since lockdown so I have a few :D

But the main one is cheeky feckers driving up a turning filter lane only to get to top and join back in to the main traffic lane.... First time wasn't to bad stopped at the lights and they zoomed up as lights changed.

The second time, was a tail back and you know by the length of the queue it's going to be 3 or 4 light changes... This junction is more a y junction so they zoomed up the left hand turn lane then had to be let back in to main lane.... If I'd been further up they wouldn't have been let in :D..... (I do let people in when genuine but that level of arrogance, nope!)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There was a lady on the door on one of my local supermarkets. I’m almost certain she gets a kick out of bossing people around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Getting quotes for home insurance on line. Some insurers will have you answer loads and loads of questions. When I clicked on "Get Your Quote" a telephone number shows up to ring during office hours
    Wtf? :( And what a waste of time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement