Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Antares35 wrote: »
    Oh thanks be to God my backside.
    (

My neighbour says constantly "Thanks be to f**k" - he must be 80. Great to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I completely understand that flies and bees have a very important purpose in the Earths ecosystem, but if the little fcukers keeping flying around my head, I'm going to be the cause of the Earth dying! &($£^(%*&$£^(%

It's lashing rain and my satellite signal's gone for a burton - radio stations on telly unlistenable atm :(

Also, don't know origin of "gone for a burton" or the exact meaning it's supposed to convey :o:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

my manuscript, it's almost embarrassing how long I've been doing it :o

Also, don't know origin of "gone for a burton" or the exact meaning it's supposed to convey :o:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gone_for_a_Burton

"a British English expression meaning to be missing or to die"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

corona and the little irritations it brings

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

People on Twitter who have in their bio 'She/Her' or 'He/him'.

Yeah what the hell is that about can I ask? Not on twitter but I see it on Instagram. She/Her/Elle...wha?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Buying a curry and offering some to your partner.And then they have the cheek to actually eat it:mad:

Especially now,im fecking starving:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

'we are absolutely keen to....' Why is absolutely used so much now? Why don't people say 'very' and 'really' anymore?
    Heard it 4 times in two minutes listening to some arséhole on the tv. Absolutely this, absolutely that, absolutely me bollix.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Abso-fckin-lutely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

New Home wrote: »
    Abso-fckin-lutely!

I don't mind that one. It's the ones like 'I absolutely understand...' used to be completely or totally. It absolutely sounds wrong.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I think this is where it started to be used in that way more widely.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5jiu39

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Bob Harris wrote: »
    'we are absolutely keen to....' Why is absolutely used so much now? Why don't people say 'very' and 'really' anymore?
    Heard it 4 times in two minutes listening to some arséhole on the tv. Absolutely this, absolutely that, absolutely me bollix.

Or those who "categorically deny". Is simply denying not enough??

TA the giveaway glug glug glug noise when trying to have a sneaky glass of Shiraz when OH is in the other room minding the small person.

Antares35 wrote: »
    the giveaway glug glug glug noise when trying to have a sneaky glass of Shiraz when OH is in the other room minding the small person.

5c7da501bde70f13e5740b7c?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

People leaving their cars unlocked.

There's been a recent spate of thefts from unlocked cars in Cork City. Similarly to how car insurance doesn't pay out if your car is stolen after leaving the keys in the ignition, IMO this shouldn't even be a crime. If you're dumb enough to leave your car unlocked, you've essentially left your stuff just lying around - why shouldn't someone help themselves? Taking up Garda resources because you can't be arsed to press a button and lock your car? If you can't do the smallest thing to look after your possessions why should the Gardai care?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

People leaving their cars unlocked.

There's been a recent spate of thefts from unlocked cars in Cork City. Similarly to how car insurance doesn't pay out if your car is stolen after leaving the keys in the ignition, IMO this shouldn't even be a crime. If you're dumb enough to leave your car unlocked, you've essentially left your stuff just lying around - why shouldn't someone help themselves? Taking up Garda resources because you can't be arsed to press a button and lock your car? If you can't do the smallest thing to look after your possessions why should the Gardai care?
    And the dingbats who leave the engine running and the door open while they pop into a shop or someones house. Why?

I completely understand that flies and bees have a very important purpose in the Earths ecosystem, but if the little fcukers keeping flying around my head, I'm going to be the cause of the Earth dying! &($£^(%*&$£^(%
    I hated midges until I found out that you can't grow cocoa without them, so no midges = no chocolate. They are alright by me now.

You are bursting for the toilet, when you get there someone has recently been punishing the porcelain and the place stinks to high heaven :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The woman in Tesco today.
    First, when I walked in she was blocking the newspaper stand reading a newspaper.
    Then she seemed to be everywhere I went.
    I went for a bag of lettuce,there she was picking up several bags and picking out the best one.
    Then in the shampoo section she was picking up bottles, opening them and sniffing each one before picking the one she liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You are bursting for the toilet, when you get there someone has recently been punishing the porcelain and the place stinks to high heaven :eek::(

Glade is your friend, bosa.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    First, when I walked in she was blocking the newspaper stand reading a newspaper.
    I went for a bag of lettuce,there she was picking up several bags and picking out the best one.
    Then in the shampoo section she was picking up bottles, opening them and sniffing each one before picking the one she liked.

AKA a "kernt" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Garda clearances and being expected to have it, even when ppl change employment sectors.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭Be right back

Bredabe wrote: »
    Garda clearances and being expected to have it, even when ppl change employment sectors.

And trying to remember all previous addresses as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

blade1 wrote: »
    People like that are the reason nuclear foul smelling farts were invented.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in Tesco Today and this person followed me everywhere. Firstly they nearly sat on top of me when I was choosing a paper. Then got in my way near the lettuce and when I was picking out my shampoo they were almost on top of me.
    I just couldn't shake them off. They also kept on throwing me dirty looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,258 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Well I posted in the trivial things that make me happy section that I fixed my 'T' key a few weeks back.

Turns out I didn't. Got superglue to try and put rubber cap back on key. After watching a few you tube videos. Turns out rubber piece in key is fecked.
    For some reason like a complete thick I decided to try a glue a piece of rubber from a pencil on the contact point. Made a right shíte of it. Took it off I after glued it on. Left with pink bits on contact point that won't come off. Oh and I also could not get the switch part back on.

I figure I need a new keyboard now. R not going to well either now.
    So I looked up a new keyboard price 35€ from china.

But Christ it looks like a difficult thing to do fiddley screws and all sorts.

Laptop about 4 years old - but I like it don't want to get rid of it.
    So this is what I have resorted to:

I looked up the most common words in the English language.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_common_words_in_English

I got a notepad and made a list of the following:

'
    TTTTTTTTT
    ttttttttt
    can't Can't
    don't Don't
    it It
    not Not
    out Out
    the The
    to To
    that That
    they They
    there There
    thier Their
    think Think
    that That
    those Those
    this This
    with With'

You guess it for copying and pasting!

I dunno which annoying me more my awkwardness at fixing stuff, how easy fellas on you tube make it seem, or my own fecking stubborness!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Aglomerado wrote: »
    People like that are the reason nuclear foul smelling farts were invented.

Best not to “deploy” any of those in Austria, A. The cops over there take a dim view on the matter and will fine you, accordingly.

The tide is turning…

Well I posted in the trivial things that make me happy section that I fixed my 'T' key a few weeks back.

Turns out I didn't. Got superglue to try and put rubber cap back on key. After watching a few you tube videos. Turns out rubber piece in key is fecked.
    For some reason like a complete thick I decided to try a glue a piece of rubber from a pencil on the contact point. Made a right shíte of it. Took off i after glued it on. Left with pink bits on contact point that won't come off.

I figure I need a new keyboard now. R not going to well either now.
    So I looked up a new keyboard price 35€ from china.

But Christ it looks like a difficult thing to do fiddley screws and all sorts.

Laptop about 4 years old - but I like it don't want to get rid of it.
    So this is what I have resorted to:

I looked up the most common words in the English language.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_common_words_in_English

I got a notepad and made a list of the following:

TTTTTTTTT
    ttttttttt
    can't Can't
    don't Don't
    it It
    not Not
    out Out
    the The
    to To
    that That
    they They
    there There
    thier Their
    think Think
    that That
    those Those
    this This
    with With

You guess it for coping and pasting!

I dunno which annoying me more my awkwardness at fixing stuff, how easy fellas on you tube make it seem, or my own fecking stubborness!

Use unicode. :cool:

Annoying, but cheaper than a new keyboard (and less annoying than the on-screen keyboard).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Best not to “deploy” any of those in Austria, A. The cops over there take a dim view on the matter and will fine you, accordingly.

Speaking from “experience”, E?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Yeah what the hell is that about can I ask? Not on twitter but I see it on Instagram. She/Her/Elle...wha?!

People virtue signalling with their “preferred pronouns”, to make a point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement