Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,397 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've been waiting on parcels to arrive for 3 weeks. Doorbell goes and there's a man with a parcel. At last I think .
    "Could you hold this for next door? :(
    Arrgh

Predictive text.
    I really don't call my left foot Mr left foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Ordered a T-shirt for my husband from an American company. It arrived today - completely the wrong T-shirt. Happens, I guess. But I went on the site to report the mistake and the options in the event of them sending the wrong item are 'Replacement' or 'Voucher'. If the item isn't available, I should be refunded, right? Why should I have to pay for their mistake? I told them I wanted a refund if what I ordered isn't available but you just know there is some sneaky retail law over there that means they don't have to. I also have a sinking feeling I'll not be reimbursed for the postage it will cost to send back the wrong item. I told them I shouldn't have to pay for the return postage either but really, I'm pretty impotent here. There's not much I can do if they refuse. Aaaaarrrggh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

cj maxx wrote: »
    Went to bed last night,all good .
    Woke up and couldn't put any weight on my left foot, heel bit.
    Getting better but strange

Was it a kind of weird sharp pain you get when you tried to do so?

Was it a kind of weird sharp pain you get when you tried to do so?

No , like I stood on a nail or something

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...like a cat's claw stabbed you? :pac:

(I'd have said that stepping on a nail would give you a sharp pain, myself, but then again, I'm not you. :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Went to bed last night,all good .
    Woke up and couldn't put any weight on my left foot, heel bit.
    Getting better but strange
    Not quite the same, but last week in work, when I walked down one particular corridor, my left ankle would give way. To the extent that I had to stop walking. It was just after I turned a corner so maybe the 90 degree turn might have been a thing. It happened at the same place 3 times on the same day...

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

I'm a patient person but this gets my goat up!
    Every bin day, I leave my bins at the side of my entrance.
    When I come back from work, I find them left haphazardly in the middle of my elderly neighbour's entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

No , like I stood on a nail or something

Thats actually what I was trying to describe. I have plantar fasciitis, and thats how it manifests itself. Not saying you have the same, but maybe read up on it. It comes and goes with me going back 13 years

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

503s again!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

dubstarr wrote: »
    The price of chippers.Or in this case 1 chipper.My son was ordering for himself and girlfriend.I asked him to order 3 battered sausages.Checked the price,3 euro each.Thats way too expensive for a battered sausage.

We didnt order in the end,way too dear for the little food we where getting.

Most chippers I know the sausages are priced between €1.00 and €1.50 but one place does a sausage and it's about 1footong or something and it's over €2.50.

Thats actually what I was trying to describe. I have plantar fasciitis, and thats how it manifests itself. Not saying you have the same, but maybe read up on it. It comes and goes with me going back 13 years
    You might be on to something there Arnold.

New Home wrote: »
    ...like a cat's claw stabbed you? :pac:

(I'd have said that stepping on a nail would give you a sharp pain, myself, but then again, I'm not you. :P)

I've never been stabbed by a cat's claw, though I have stood on a nail.

I've never been stabbed by a cat's claw, though I have stood on a nail.

Let's just say it's your Achilles' heel. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I come back from work, I find them left haphazardly in the middle of my elderly neighbour's entrance.

Are your elderly neighbours trying to steal you bins?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ours used to be down the road.We started complaining and complaining and now they are left usually where we put them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When something pops up on the screen and you can only accept it or say "maybe later". Why is there not a "no, never, f*ck off" option? Also condescending alerts like "you don't seem to have a connection... And the web just isn't the same without you". F*ck off would you.

TA sleep deprivation and a hungry baby. The child literally cannot be filled. She's a disgrace to babies. I had no idea a hairless monkey would be so much work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Just dropped and broke a bottle of Amouage reflection... gutted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"No, I dont want to save money" "I want to miss out of great offers" instead of just "no" to "subscribe to the mailung ljst?"

Ta I'm impatient. If something hasn't happened instantly/already, I feel like it isn't going to. I dont kniw how to have faith in something.

The red things you put in the cistern to keep the toilet clean, I think.
    Blue loos are fine. The red ones aren't if the a woman in the house

• Advertisement

:D Those are terrible for the environment, CJ.

New Home wrote: »
    :D Those are terrible for the environment, CJ.

I kinda thought so, good reason to say no more!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I kinda thought so, good reason to say no more!

I normally stick the end of the house in the downstairs cistern while Power washing the car or driveway as it gives the water you need and replenished in good time. Except last time Mrs had put the blue loo things in unknown to me. No germs on my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

I have used the same cup for tea since I was 11. It's a big mug with goofy on it that my cousin got for me when she went to Disneyland. I am very emotionally attached to this mug.

Two of my brothers were just messing in the kitchen, knocking into each other, and somehow managed to knock the cup off the draining board I'd just left it on while I went to get a teatowel. It landed on the tiles and is now in 100 bits. I am very annoyed, possibly grieving, and wondering which of the brothers I should kill first.

Both of them at the same time. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    I have used the same cup for tea since I was 11. It's a big mug with goofy on it that my cousin got for me when she went to Disneyland. I am very emotionally attached to this mug.

Two of my brothers were just messing in the kitchen, knocking into each other, and somehow managed to knock the cup off the draining board I'd just left it on while I went to get a teatowel. It landed on the tiles and is now in 100 bits. I am very annoyed, possibly grieving, and wondering which of the brothers I should kill first.

It's rotten when something like that happens, especially when you really have someone to blame. I had a tankard that I used for water by my bed for about 25 years and it broke. A few years on, I can't even remember how it broke or who broke it - just that I don't have it anymore.
    But I have a replacement and that's now my bedside tankard.

This will pass.

Leaving hospital after my father was admitted, enormous traffic jam in the car park. Mystified, I walked out on to the main road and identified culprit in the distance: McDonald's had reopened. Total gridlock with cars backed up for a kilometre. Now I acknowledge the choice of people to queue for a non-essential drive thru upwards of an hour, but I also reserve the right to ridicule them as boneheaded imbeciles shutting down the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

That sounds like Tralee tbh..since yesterday people have flooded insta and Facebook with pics of themselves stuffing their faces with Maccy's....shower of fcktards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People who comment with just the word first on Youtube videos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I saw the headline "Slight Increase in Reproduction Rate" and thought Jesus they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that news item, sure we all know people have had little else to do during lockdown except fornicate. TA'd at the obvious clickbait/ slow news day effort until I realised they meant the covid reproduction rate...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement