Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

My hair is a public health crisis. It's too long. And won't stop growing. Dangerously growing close to my ass now and hasn't been that long since I was a 17 year old hipster. I live alone and the Daily Mail tells me I won't be able to get a haircut until at least July. Looks like I will have to go in with the scissors myself, which can only go one way.

Massively first one problem but a TA regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

When a half interesting thread gets taken over by two posters going over the same stuff over and over. There seems to be a "if I respond with the same stuff but using even more words, I will win" attitude.
    No you won't, the other boring fcuk will just quote your missive and write an even longer, stupid post!

You've wrecked a thread.

Ah, the multi-quote wars.

Now, I do sometimes get fixated on things in threads and go on a bit but if I ever start a multi-quote war, shoot me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Getting sick of the smell of BBQ's.

Neighbours burning stuff in the evening, our house stinking of smoke, can't have windows open as a result. If it was the middle of winter I might understand...

And in the horrific smell of weed 24/7 and I would say that we live in the same estate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

There all problem wondering what are you hiding now and that you must be a drug dealer or something!

If only I had the proceeds from a drug deal to finace the project!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

When you're on a telephone call with someone and they put you on hands-free and proceed to make some tea, prepare some food, wash the dishes etc., while still carrying on a phone conversation.
    All the sounds become exaggerated on the other end of the call and you know that you haven't got their full attention. Fortunately, I have only one friend that does this but it's still very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Vita nova wrote: »
    When you're on a telephone call with someone and they put you on hands-free and proceed to make some tea, prepare some food, wash the dishes etc., while still carrying on a phone conversation.
    All the sounds become exaggerated on the other end of the call and you know that you haven't got their full attention. Fortunately, I have only one friend that does this but it's still very annoying.

i did that once in work and filled up the kettle. it took a lot of time to convince the others on the call that i hadn't gone to the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm working noon to 4 today (was working from home beforehand) but decided to leave the house 10 minutes early to drop into the shop on the way. Just as I was about to go in to the shop, I checked for my bank card (something I rarely do) but I didn't have it. I almost always carry cash, but not today! Nice fresh pair of jeans! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Pesto sauce is salty.
    Earphones dont fit my tiny ears. Wedge them just in the edge of the ear. One just fell down my top and I might as well leave it there. 3rd pair. 2nd pair only had volume on one earphone. A fly is stinging me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Is it me or is boards.ie (same can be said for most sites too) pretty much all about moaning and trying to win a pointless internet argument? :pac:

Doesn't matter what the thread is. Always turns into people moaning about how someone else is wrong (and how they are right themselves)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

There was a lovely shrub in a part of the garden that was hidden from view of the house, the dog and various cats use it for shade and hiding from adversaries.
    Boy dog loves it as he can sit in the shade and watch for cats/birds or start a row with next door.

Today it was replaced by an ivy plant, b/c it was sooooo much work to keep tidy(pre lockdown it was never even seen)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,397 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've turned into an old cat lady/ man, albeit one without a cat.I find myself watching the clock and at 4 it's time for tipping point and the chase.
    God I need a woman :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

cj maxx wrote: »
    I've turned into an old cat lady/ man, albeit one without a cat.I find myself watching the clock and at 4 it's time for tipping point and the chase.

Or a few cats. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So, I used a new body lotion last night and complained to all and sundry today that it left a sticky residue on me and the smell was too strong and I didn't like it at all.

Just looked at the bottle again and it's shower gel.

I absolutely BASTED myself in it last night and hopped into bed.

Scarleh for me.

You're lucky it didn't rain , they'd be a trail of bubbles after ya :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dial Hard wrote: »
    So, I used a new body lotion last night and complained to all and sundry today that it left a sticky residue on me and the smell was too strong and I didn't like it at all.

Just looked at the bottle again and it's shower gel.

I absolutely BASTED myself in it last night and hopped into bed.

Scarleh for me.

Thanks Dial Hard, I'm literally in stitches. :D

Ever washed your hair with bubble bath or with conditioner? ....no, me neither...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Is it me or is boards.ie (same can be said for most sites too) pretty much all about moaning and trying to win a pointless internet argument? :pac:

Doesn't matter what the thread is. Always turns into people moaning about how someone else is wrong (and how they are right themselves)

Source?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

New Home wrote: »

I genuinely cried laughing when I realised. And have gone off into gales of laughter every time I think about it again since.

New Home wrote: »

Ever washed your hair with bubble bath or with conditioner? ....no, me neither...

Yes!!! I've washed my hair with conditioner and used a lot thinking that my hair must of been that filthy, to not generate any suds.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When you go out for a nice quiet walk and have way too many unwanted encounters!

Yes!!! I've washed my hair with conditioner and used a lot thinking that my hair must of been that filthy, to not generate any suds.

OMG, like Shelly!! The shame!!! I'd never, ever, ever do something like that. Like, ever! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

cj maxx wrote: »

Tipping Point is muck but The Chase is educational so that's your excuse!
    I recommend a cat too :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Not sure if drinking coffee or road tar.

.eek.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your on the toilet with the door locked and somebody insists on asking you questions through the door even when they know your going to the toilet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Me: Looks up specific Sellers based in the UK so that there'd be more of a chance of getting item delivered faster.
    Ebay: Postage:Free RU Tracked Packet from China | See details

Item location:
    Luton, United Kingdom

Posts to:
    Worldwide See exclusions
    Delivery:
    Estimated delivery within 17-25 working days.

/hawhawhawnonottodaymisstearheuswearetheoverlords

TA is waking up with a severe migraine and vertigo. The fact that I have to work and my bed is so tantalising close is soul destroying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The price of chippers.Or in this case 1 chipper.My son was ordering for himself and girlfriend.I asked him to order 3 battered sausages.Checked the price,3 euro each.Thats way too expensive for a battered sausage.

We didnt order in the end,way too dear for the little food we where getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

dubstarr wrote:
    The price of chippers.Or in this case 1 chipper.My son was ordering for himself and girlfriend.I asked him to order 3 battered sausages.Checked the price,3 euro each.Thats way too expensive for a battered sausage.

Maybe the sausages were hand tied and battered in Italian silk... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Maybe the sausages were hand tied and battered in Italian silk... :pac:

They would want to be at that price:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

dubstarr wrote: »

We didnt order in the end,way too dear for the little food we where getting.

A chipper local to me charges €1.10 for a batter sausage - and usually throws in a handful of chips, too!

• Advertisement

Went to bed last night,all good .
    Woke up and couldn't put any weight on my left foot, heel bit.
    Getting better but strange

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement