Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

People who treat a horrendous and tragic event like suicide as nothing more that passable, salacious gossip in order to pass a few boring minutes at work. A guy from my hometown ended his life last week and I was just thinking about how sad it was and I felt such empathy for his family, when I happened to be in the local shop and I overheard a few cows whispering to each other about the event.

One of them got a text and her eyes bulged, obviously amazed by the news, she went straight over to her workmate, who was in the middle of serving a customer, and whispered, very loudly, "Did you hear so and so killed himself, yeah he was found dead today" as if they were discussing a 20% off Sale from Next. The other one loved this news, put her hand over her mouth all dramatic, and said "Fcuk me, wow, I must tell everyone hang on" and started texting all her contacts furiously. I should have said something, I should have released some of that anger bubbling underneath and told them how utterly despicable human beings they were, disregarding the torment and pain of a fellow human just for a bit of stupid gossip, but im glad I didn't now.

I hope one day, they don't come home to find a dead partner/sibling/friend etc who couldn't bear the torment in his or her soul a second longer and decided to depart this world. I wonder would they still laugh or engage in Chinese Whispers if it were them who had to pick out a coffin, final song, burial plot etc. Some people are absolute fcuking animals.

Sweaty profusely perspiring jogger dashing up that foitoath this morning with a red face. Near other pedestrians young and old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Antares35 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! My TA is I thought becoming a mother would allow me to throw off the shackles of being a crank and I'd bask in the glow of life having a new purpose and I'd let the trivial things slide.

Well, I'm basically still as much of an antichrist as always, but now more so because sleep deprivation is thrown into the mix :(

I predict a lot more TAs.

You are allowed to be a crank. Rule number one for a new baby is that nothing else matters.. Mother and baby need sleep so grab a nap when baby does. The sun is shining, housework can be put on hold. Being a new mother in summer is so much easier than in the dark winter months.
    Embrace the fact that nosy people can't visit and expect to be entertained or have the baby awakened for their delight.
    Hard not having close family but that will come soon,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Congratz Antares and the new boardsie bairn! :)

my ta - sleep pattern is off and refuses to change, makes you knackered (and ill-tempered) all day --> precious little gets done :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Neighbours and their sh1te music blaring into their gardens. Disney crap from the young families and wagon wheel and other vomit from the middle aged ones.
    Ennio Morricone in my garden today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I bought a set of 6 fancy glasses about a year ago.
    Tonight, I broke number 4. It literally just slipped out of my fingers.
    So I've 2 left out of 6 :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm trivially annoyed that the estate bingo has extended to a drinking party after 2am. Maybe the annoyance is about the fact that we didn't have these sessions 20 years ago...;) *Not part of the gang...again*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Can't sleep. Too warm, too tired, too restless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm trivially annoyed that the estate bingo has extended to a drinking party after 2am. Maybe the annoyance is about the fact that we didn't have these sessions 20 years ago...;) *Not part of the gang...again*

The drinking party is still going on, so at this stage, I can only commend the participants! :D And they're not noisy anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

the weekend is over :/

415471268-funny-picture-monday-cat-shoo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Deja Boo wrote: »
    the weekend is over :/

Amen to that.

TA is that while everyone else is in bed, I still have to get up to work. No bank holiday for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭Be right back

Amen to that.

TA is that while everyone else is in bed, I still have to get up to work. No bank holiday for me.

Same here! The joys!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

That “the new affordable air cooler flying off shelves in Ireland” advert that seems to be appearing everywhere I visit online and it’s horrendously bad photoshopped pictures

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Amen to that.

Same here! The joys!

Do you know what's almost worse? Forgetting to switch off the alarm for the bank holiday MONDAY. :mad::mad::mad: --> Being woken up at stupid o'clock for no valid reason. :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Antares35 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! My TA is I thought becoming a mother would allow me to throw off the shackles of being a crank and I'd bask in the glow of life having a new purpose and I'd let the trivial things slide.

Well, I'm basically still as much of an antichrist as always, but now more so because sleep deprivation is thrown into the mix :(

I predict a lot more TAs.

I was wondering why the place was so quiet the last week or so :pac:

Congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Got up at 7.30am to make the most of my day off. My children have been emptying the dishwasher most of the time but as they were still asleep, I decided to do it instead. Managed to break a glass in the process. Mostly big pieces but some shards stuck to the inside of the wet door so have spent the last while painstaking checking it with gloves on and using a wet paper towel to wipe down. Paranoid that invisible shards have attached themselves to the clean dishes that were still in it. So will have to run them all through again. Amazing how one small thing that totally screw up and take the goodness out of the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at listening to Coast to Coast am shows I've already listened to, I should really take note of the ones I've already listened to.
    Got up at 7.30am to make the most of my day off. My children have been emptying the dishwasher most of the time but as they were still asleep, I decided to do it instead. Managed to break a glass in the process. Mostly big pieces but some shards stuck to the inside of the wet door so have spent the last while painstaking checking it with gloves on and using a wet paper towel to wipe down. Paranoid that invisible shards have attached themselves to the clean dishes that were still in it. So will have to run them all through again. Amazing how one small thing that totally screw up and take the goodness out of the day.

Its a valid concern in fairness, I'd do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Annoying neighbours who venture in when they find my gate open and think they deserve a tour of my humble abode just because I've done extensive building works. When denied access one woman actually put her hands and face to the window to peer in at my new kitchen. Thank heavens for the lockdown as an excuse.

wildwillow wrote: »
    Annoying neighbours who venture in when they find my gate open and think they deserve a tour of my humble abode just because I've done extensive building works. When denied access one woman actually put her hands and face to the window to peer in at my new kitchen. Thank heavens for the lockdown as an excuse.

Time to install counter measures and the next person that tresspasses press one of these buttons....

hqdefault.jpg

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Use masking tape or sellotape or brown sticky tape or even a sticky lint roll, they'll pick up much more stuff than anything else (bar a bare foot or a gloveless hand :/ Ah, wait, wet door of the dishwasher...NVM).

Oh, and do a quick rinse cycle, that will remove anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

When a half interesting thread gets taken over by two posters going over the same stuff over and over. There seems to be a "if I respond with the same stuff but using even more words, I will win" attitude.
    No you won't, the other boring fcuk will just quote your missive and write an even longer, stupid post!

You've wrecked a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

TV and radio ads where the message is broken up into sections that are spoken by different actors. It's been done to death. Stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

wildwillow wrote: »

There all problem wondering what are you hiding now and that you must be a drug dealer or something!

Broke my reading glasses. Have a huge mouth ulcer on my palate. I'm exhausted and really sleepy but I can't get to the fall deeply asleep phase. Oh, and the cooker is acting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,397 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was reading through the 'legendary threads' about the one who found a safe in his shed.
    Though I know it was jars in the safe , I can't see the photo he posted. Links not working :(
    Boredom eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Getting sick of the smell of BBQ's.

Neighbours burning stuff in the evening, our house stinking of smoke, can't have windows open as a result. If it was the middle of winter I might understand...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Getting sick of the smell of BBQ's.

Neighbours burning stuff in the evening, our house stinking of smoke, can't have windows open as a result. If it was the middle of winter I might understand...

If I was grilling or frying indoors, I'd have the extractor on, so the same fumes would be going out into the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

cj maxx wrote: »
    I was reading through the 'legendary threads' about the one who found a safe in his shed.
    Though I know it was jars in the safe , I can't see the photo he posted. Links not working :(
    Boredom eh ?

Ooohh. Curious now.
    Any link to said threads?

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

People who say awrkward instead of awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

cj maxx wrote: »
    Boredom eh ?

That was a good thread alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement