Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The constant battle to avoid dog sh!t on the footpaths when out walking the dog.

It’s not as if there are lots of stray dogs around the place.

Yep, in my humble opinion, people who don’t clean up after their dogs are sewer rats.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Stupid, stupid, stupid insomnia!!! I've a meeting tomorrow morning, PLEEEEEASE let me sleeeeeep!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

New Home wrote: »
    Stupid, stupid, stupid insomnia!!! I've a meeting tomorrow morning, PLEEEEEASE let me sleeeeeep!!!

Meet your sister :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I might need a lunchtime nap, at this rate...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Awake also, since about 4 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Also awake since 4, just finished a big bowl of porridge, usually helps me to get back to sleep.

Feckin headache now too :(

TA the HSE website section on pregnancy information, every time they say "urine" they put (wee) after it. Why? Do people not know what "urine" is? They must think we are a simpletons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Antares35 wrote: »
    Feckin headache now too :(

TA the HSE website section on pregnancy information, every time they say "urine" they put (wee) after it. Why? Do people not know what "urine" is? They must think we are a simpletons.

I actually find that very concerning.
    That there are people having children who need that explained to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA is the stupid stressful dream that I had last night which woke me up. Stupid dream sniffer dog that mistook my camera for cocaine so I had to be searched, interrogated and delayed the flight.

It's a fright I can't even jet away on holidays in peace in my dreams :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Employers advertising jobs as "entry level" and then specifying you must have >5 years experience :confused:

Not all HR/recruitment people are fantastic at their job. I know a manager who was giving an internal HR person an entry level job spec. The HR person was told they're having difficulty finding someone with experience and the budget is tight, so they're seeking an entry level person, x, y and z are required, q, r and up to three years experience would be beneficial. The job went live with x, y, z, q, r and three years experience required. When this was pointed out to the HR person, they said 'Oh, I can't change it now it's gone live.'

A month later the manager was told they couldn't find anyone for the position. Cynical me wouldn't think the HR person was still rejecting any CV that didn't have three years experience, or had done that deliberately in the first place because it's easier to just reject a load of CVs than actually go through the hiring process, and it's no skin off the lazy/incompetent HR person's nose.

Sometimes the hiring process can be poorly designed too. I'll paste this in :

I read an article recently about a manager that had an opening in her department, and recommended to a friend in the same field that she should apply, knowing she'd be a perfect fit. A couple of weeks later she checks in with her friend, who had been sent an evaluation, completed it, and had heard nothing since. HR person said the software they used had evaluated her as not suitable. The manager tried the evaluation herself, and failed. She had everybody in her department try the evaluation - they all failed. HR had been telling her that they couldn't find anyone suitable for the position because their software was failing at it's task.

Makes me wonder how many HR depts are using software that is garbage, and are unaware or unwilling to do anything about it. When you see so many companies still using Myers-Briggs tests, nothing would surprise me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who misplace the apostrophe in contractions. Particularly y'all. It is never, ever, ever, EVER "ya'll", for the love of criminy...

Actually, misplaced apostrophes in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

I once worked at a place that set up companies for people. I had to ring a man to ask him if he REALLY wanted his company name to be Bit's & Bob's. He didn't understand why it was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Just got an email form An Post about my double transaction.
    Except it didnt come from customer service,asked my full name and last 4 digits on my card.

And to top it off,it was signed Khandi.

So do you think its legit?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

JFC if you're filling out a form, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use capital letters and take your time. I shouldn't have to consult multiple people and resort to emailing you because your writing is so illegible I have no clue what you're applying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

When you get a voicemail and the only thing thats recorded is the sound of the caller at the other end hanging up - if you're not going to leave a message then you don't need to wait until the beep before hanging up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The weather forecast for tomorrow is for rain most of the day, and I already know I have to go out in the middle of the heaviest of it.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

shop cashiers making small talk about your occupation...... hows your ____ business going? busy or quiet?

"ahhhhh grand ya, thanks deirdre" scan my kerrygold and let me off

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People who misplace the apostrophe in contractions. Particularly y'all. It is never, ever, ever, EVER "ya'll", for the love of criminy...

Actually, misplaced apostrophes in general.

Irish people that say y'all

TA it's not midnight but the TA thread says last post was Pawwed Rig "yesterday". Ok well it doesn't anymore because I posted but today has not become yesterday yet! :D

Edit actually it was yesterday! TA where have all the TAs gone? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Quarter to one in the morning. There’s been unscheduled works going on on the Ennis-Galway rail line since 10, about 500m from my house. Sounds like a giant electric saw going pretty much constantly, echoing all around the place.

Seemingly the Gardai were out to some of the estates around, because they were getting loads of reports of the sound of angle grinders, and they thought it might be scumbags stealing catalytic converters from cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

These scam artists like Siopaella and Designer Exchange in Dublin.
    They get in a Louis Vuitton Neverfull, which retails for 1100.
    The bag comes with a matching pochette inside.
    They take the pochette out, sell the bag for 850 and the pochette for 350.
    I’d love to know how much they gave the poor fool who sold it to them, I would say 600 at best.
    The crazier thing is people buy these worn stained bags. Would you not just buy it new since you’re only getting half a bag anyway? Madness

Have to take my extremely nervous and skittish cat to the vet for a little procedure this morning. The thoughts of trying to trap her to get her in the carrier is stressing me out. She makes the saddest miaow when we we finally corner her. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Have to take my extremely nervous and skittish cat to the vet for a little procedure this morning. The thoughts of trying to trap her to get her in the carrier is stressing me out. She makes the saddest miaow when we we finally corner her. :(

Always put her in tail first...... it does help

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Our poor cats are so rarely taken to the vet that if we put the carrier down, they just get in it for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Government of Ireland" rebranding of Irish Government on Covid ads.

Always put her in tail first...... it does help
    Ha you're assuming we can catch her first. She won't even tolerate us picking her up!
    Our poor cats are so rarely taken to the vet that if we put the carrier down, they just get in it for the craic.

We know how she is so we're the same, she rarely goes to the vet but she's one of the poor unfortunate cats who need their anal glands expressed so she HAS to go for this one thing about every 4 months. And she knows well that something bad is going to happen when the carrier comes out so she makes a run for the catio.

Ha you're assuming we can catch her first. She won't even tolerate us picking her up!

We know how she is so we're the same, she rarely goes to the vet but she's one of the poor unfortunate cats who need their anal glands expressed so she HAS to go for this one thing about every 4 months. And she knows well that something bad is going to happen when the carrier comes out so she makes a run for the catio.

Aw poor cat, I thought that was just a dog thing :(

My dog hates the vet, but when any of the others have to go, she loves coming along for the spin. I think its so she can laugh at them from the passenger seat and say haha suckers, not me this time :D

Antares35 wrote: »
    Aw poor cat, I thought that was just a dog thing :(

My dog hates the vet, but when any of the others have to go, she loves coming along for the spin. I think its so she can laugh at them from the passenger seat and say haha suckers, not me this time :D

It's apparently extremely rare for cats to need it but we knew there was something up when she kept scooting on the carpet AFTER we had given her the worming treatment. Vet said she's just one of the unlucky ones. At least this time she didn't need to be sedated for it. My heart is broken for her cos she gets so stressed out. :(

That Feliway spray thing helps a lot, Molly - it won't resolve all the fear and anxiety, but it'll tone it down by a good 30% at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is Joe Biden's voice and accent. God I pity anyone who has to sit through a long meeting with him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement