Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Got to the checkout tonight, and realised that some randomer had put 5 boxes of Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain bars in my trolley.

TA’d that I then had to go back through the supermarket to put them back (I just can’t be one of those people who abandons food in the wrong place).

But I guess I’m not as TA’d as the person who will get home tonight and realise they have no breakfast for the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

TA’d that I then had to go back through the supermarket to put them back (I just can’t be one of those people who abandons food in the wrong place).

I for one am very glad to hear that :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Got to the checkout tonight, and realised that some randomer had put 5 boxes of Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain bars in my basket.

But I guess I’m not as TA’d as the person who will get home tonight and realise they have no breakfast for the next month.

Note to self - try that next time Playboy gets delivered!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

AxleAddict wrote: »
    I really hope thats not a euphemism! :D

Same thing crossed my mind when I read it. :D

I think I might have made an awful hames of something.

I wanted to reassure a person I care about that if they wanted to back out of a thing I wouldn't be offended. But I think I came across as though I was the one looking for an 'out'.

So "I completely understand if you can't" really seemed like "I don't want you to but I can't come out and say that so I'll put it this way instead".

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When the end of your sock (the toe part) is twisted and you can feel part of the seam under your big or small toe.

Teething - yes by all means stay up all night and keep us awake, then sleep tomorrow while we work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

A leaky water bottle in my backpack soaking through bottom of the bag and dripping right down my bumcrack. I'm sitting on the bus now with a cold wet arse :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A leaky water bottle in my backpack soaking through bottom of the bag and dripping right down my bumcrack. I'm sitting on the bus now with a cold wet arse :(
    Spare a thought for the next person who'll sit on your seat, realise it's wet and wonder why....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Paschal Donoghue...... has to be him ?

No maybe not... his fav. one is “respond back”.

Listen out for it..... Brenner telth ya.

At least twice in interview with Clare Byrne today.... Brenner telt ya.

Listen to the Bren-you won’t go far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've ranted about this before, but I've a new example!

A few weeks ago I interviewed for a job I didn't get. It was with an american multinational with multiple locations in Ireland.

Do you see how little that narrows it down?

I think one thing that disappointed the interviewers was how little I knew about the company. I knew a lot about the role, and had spoken with a friend at length about it, but this giant multinational that does many, many things that I don't care about and would not be working on? Apart from the fact that I had other interviews around that time to prepare for (one of which I cared a lot more about that the role in question), I don't make a habit of spending my free time reading about random companies.

The interviewers had all been with the company a long time, thought it was a great place to work, and seemed proud of the work they did. Great. There's probably at least a quarter million others in this country alone working for american multinationals that are as proud of the work they are doing. Your company is not special. It is literally impossible for me to pretend to be a fanboy about it, or pretend that working there would be an exceptional opportunity. It's a job - not a calling.

While I'm having a rant on job hunting, I spoted an ad. from a recruitment agency today :

Title : Entry Level Adjective Noun

Description : My client is seeking an experienced Adjective Noun....

Another ad. was looking for "a spunky individual"....

• Advertisement

Employers advertising jobs as "entry level" and then specifying you must have >5 years experience :confused:

Should be against the law, honestly the amount of ****ing time they waste for everyone with that carry on

There’s 5 of us in the house.

But there’s 11 toothbrushes in the bathroom. Wtf?

Your company is not special. It is literally impossible for me to pretend to be a fanboy about it, or pretend that working there would be an exceptional opportunity. It's a job - not a calling.

Don't get me started man - was applying for a role with a company, we'll call them "Phizer". They accepted my CV and before they would send me aptitude tests (which would comprise stage 1 of 8 in the interview process) they sent me a questionaire of 10 questions, some of which were so dumb it completely put me off working for them from the outset.

Things like "Have you applied to any other pharmaceutical companies? If so please list and rank them in order of preference including phizer" - honestly wtf do they expect me to do other than tell them they're the top choice...or would that make me seem too keen then?? Load of bollocks. "Describe your ideal work day with phizer" "Emmm I get up and go in early, then do loads of extra hard work and work late and then go to bed early so I can be fresh to devote myself to the company in the morning" etc and other questions basically designed for you to **** them off...and this isn't even the beginning of the process!

This is pre round 1 of 8(!), an industry has been created surrounding recruitment - every year the processes become more extensive and more corporate and more bull****ty and I ****ing hate it. I'd happily go in and do my work to a high standard and work towards improving myself and the company but that doesn't cut it anymore. The whole thing just makes me want to tell them to shove it up their arses and then go and move to Tasmania and work on a farm or something where I don't have to deal with all that wishy washy made up HR bullshít.

It proper fúcks me off. (If you couldn't tell :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My husband came across a lot of IT companies when he was looking for a job who would advertise their 'beer fridge' or their 'voluntary Thursday' where you work on a project you want to, or their casual dress code, or free fruit in the office. Whoop de fcuking doo. Who wants to spend their Friday afternoon hanging out in the office with co-workers when you could be at home or in the pub instead with your real friends? How about getting rid of the beer fridge and paying your employees what they're actually worth? All of these companies paid sh1t wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Some of them are probably tagged for cleaning in between tiles or removing dog pooh from the grooves on shoes... Tread carefully! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah yes, but how many teeth in total?

Things like "Have you applied to any other pharmaceutical companies? If so please list and rank them in order of preference including phizer" - honestly wtf do they expect me to do other than tell them they're the top choice...or would that make me seem too keen then?? Load of bollocks. "
    It proper fúcks me off. (If you couldn't tell :o )

I only applied for a job with you, and on a scale from 1 to 10 I like you so much I don't even need to take a blue pill.
    :rolleyes: :mad:

:D This made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

When you only want one wet-wipe and you pull out three or four at the same time. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA that I got a text from my boss telling me that she's gonna let me know in a few weeks about an appraisal. I tried Googling what it was but it's not doing me any good reading a bunch of gibberish I don't understand.

Is this like a mid-job interview? What if I "fail" it? What if this is to assess my work? I'm nervous because I had a disagreement with her over something a week ago and I feel she's gonna use that against me in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Got my molar extracted this afternoon. The procedure itself wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but my TA is only being able to consume soft foods for the next 47 hours.

I will be like a briar till Wednesday evening :D

• Advertisement

TA that I got a text from my boss telling me that she's gonna let me know in a few weeks about an appraisal. I tried Googling what it was but it's not doing me any good reading a bunch of gibberish I don't understand.

Would it be your annual review?

Would it be your annual review?

Is that what it is? Apparently everyone at my work will be getting one. I've officially been employed here a year now so it must be.

Is that what it is? Apparently everyone at my work will be getting one. I've officially been employed here a year now so it must be.

My company is going though the process of doing them at the moment anyway. Done every year. Just an annual report by your manager on how you did during the year - maybe mentions strengths and "areas for improvement". Some companies rate you on a scale, some don't. Some get employees to submit something to their managers for the review, some don't. Some base promotions/bonus/pay increases on them, some don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The battery on my fitbit ran out during my run. Such pointless cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

An Post online banking is awful.

Was charged twice in Tesco,card ddint go in the first time. Told me to enter pin so i did.

Noticed when i got home. Emailed them straight away,even Dm them on Twitter,no answer.

Im deaf so i cant even ring them.Its the ignoring me thats really annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I got a text from my sister today "Why haven't you been to see mam?"

I don't know maybe because there is a deadly virus going around. I just ignored her text as I always do, I've absolutely no time for her at all

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The Power & volume buttons are side by side on both my phone & tablet, but in reverse order.

Phone, power button is the bottom one & volume above it.

Tablet, the opposite.

Mess it up every time.

^^^^

I've one car where the wiper stalk goes down to turn them on, and one where it goes up to do so. I can never get it right in either car.

dubstarr wrote: »
    An Post online banking is awful.

Was charged twice in Tesco,card ddint go in the first time. Told me to enter pin so i did.

Noticed when i got home. Emailed them straight away,even Dm them on Twitter,no answer.

Im deaf so i cant even ring them.Its the ignoring me thats really annoying me.

If they're anything like what they're like with me, they'll take about 3 days minimum to get back to you. They're useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We were watching Long Lost Family earlier and my father asked.
    ''Is that program about a program within a program?''

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement