Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yes. I had a guy screech to a dramatic halt recently, then sidestep, and barge on, into the shop, because I had the cheek to be in his way for a couple of seconds while sanitising my hands. Tool.

Not saying that you do this but the people who stand stationary at the dispenser when rubbing their hands and basket, rather than doing it as they walk on wreck my head!

Tesco have auto dispensing little taps for santiser. You just pass your hand under it and move on but the amount of people who treat it as a sink to stand at as if they are washing their hands is mind boggling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

The family in the Lidl ad where they’re moaning about “him eating fruit out of the fruit bowl!!!” - why is it there then ???

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Not saying that you do this but the people who stand stationary at the dispenser when rubbing their hands and basket, rather than doing it as they walk on wreck my head!

Tesco have auto dispensing little taps for santiser. You just pass your hand under it and move on but the amount of people who treat it as a sink to stand at as if you are washing their hands is mind boggling.

No, I don't.

In fact, I usually bring my own, but didn't have it with me.

There were just the two of us on the way in, at the time. There was no need for his drama. And of course he didn't use any sanitiser...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The family in the Lidl ad where they’re moaning about “him eating fruit out of the fruit bowl!!!” - why is it there then ???

That didn't strike me! :D So true!

I hope people are well paid for those ads, because the ads are usually (trivially) annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This conversation from today,
    you need to get a cough bottle,
    why?
    your cough was much worse last pm than b4
    I didn't know I had a cough.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Bredabe wrote: »
    This conversation from today,
    you need to get a cough bottle,
    why?
    your cough was much worse last pm than b4
    I didn't know I had a cough.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's pretty well documented that cough bottles don't work, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Tesco have auto dispensing little taps for santiser. You just pass your hand under it and move on but the amount of people who treat it as a sink to stand at as if they are washing their hands is mind boggling.

If you've a trolley or basket you have to pause to rub it in, or else try to one hand the trolley into the aisle and find somewhere to "park" to rub it in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Wind UP Merchants on boards ,I have never understood the need for it or why some people get pleasure out of annoying others ? it has to be some sort of a want in person or a very bad confidence issue . Maybe I should actually feel sorry for them rather than get annoyed .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

New Home wrote: »
    Or, bring the water to the boil, and only then add the eggs. Start counting when the water starts boiling again: 4 mins for a very soft egg (good for soldiers!) where the albumen is barely set and the yolk is still liquid, with 5 the yolk will be gooey, with 7 it'll be more compact but perhaps still a bit soft, with 8 it'll be hard boiled but not with the green tinge around the yolk. Make sure you stop the cooking by dipping them in cold water as soon as you take them out of the boiling water, unless you're eating them right away. A lot depends on the size of the eggs and on the cooker, too, though.

I tried it this way and it worked extremely well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for people chewing loudly while eating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA for people chewing loudly while eating

On a similar note, although this was pre-COVID when I still worked in a shared office, it irritated me when others decided to eat food with a strong odour at their desks (rather than in the dedicated kitchen/canteen area) - just because they like a certain food doesn't mean everyone in the office shares their taste in cuisine. We would on occasion be showing important customers around our facilities and it didn't help when you walked into an office which smelt like the local fast-food shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Cleaning out my handbag and getting rid of all the crap and receipts.

Especially the receipts you still need:eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I tried it this way and it worked extremely well

You're welcome. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I sent some Christmas cards very late (in time for the new year, I thought), on Christmas eve. One I sent to Cork arrived two days ago, others I sent to Europe haven't arrived at all. Another one I was sent by a friend abroad (still Europe) towards the end of November/the beginning of December still hasn't arrived either. What gives? Snail mail, fair enough, but even a snail wouldn't have taken more than a month to get here!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

dubstarr wrote: »
    Cleaning out my handbag and getting rid of all the crap and receipts.

Especially the receipts you still need:eek:

I just done that with my wallet. I stick them in there 'in case I need them' , which I never do.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

New Home wrote: »
    I sent some Christmas cards very late (in time for the new year, I thought), on Christmas eve. One I sent to Cork arrived two days ago, others I sent to Europe haven't arrived at all. Another one I was sent by a friend abroad (still Europe) towards the end of November/the beginning of December still hasn't arrived either. What gives? Snail mail, fair enough, but even a snail wouldn't have taken more than a month to get here!

It took Anpost 4 weeks for a Christmas card to travel from one side of Kilkenny to the other side of Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When someone posts something on Facebook and then one of their friends comments a joke or whatever, and the poster responds and on and on and on they go. They realise that everyone can see their conversation? Or is that why they do it? A sad little "stage" for them?

Nothing says 'Happy Birthday' quite like a gaudy spray-painted message on a piece of bed-linen hung over a fence or overpass:

5f2lmcdx1la41.jpg

In the pre-Internet, pre-mobile phone days I could maybe understand it, but surely, with todays technology its maybe quicker and cheaper to just text or video chat with the person in question, or go completely mad and actually send them a birthday card (except for Kilkenny maybe, I hear the mail service isn't too good there lately :D) - in the pre-COVID days you might even have called around to their house to congratulate them in person.

But why, oh why, oh why, OH WHY! must you feel the need to hastily daub the message on a bed sheet and afix it to a fence somewhere - typically at a road junction, or on an overpass - somewhere the 'victim' is likely to see it - and then, after going to all the effort of constructing this monstrosity, you can't be bothered to take it down again after the birthday has passed. It just remains there, hanging around, like a bad smell, and after a couple of good rainshowers it becomes and even more illegible mess - not to mention the potential safety hazard (particularly on overpasses) where eventually the sheet will become detached and could obstruct a motorists view and cause an accident.

Bonkers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Bizarre as it is it actually seems to be more secure than the advertising banners around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Do people actually keep fruit in a bowl as an ornament?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Do people actually keep fruit in a bowl as an ornament?

A nice little centre peice for the table ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A nice little centre peice for the table ?

Thought ppl had moved on from that Mrs Bucket shyte.

Have just returned from an absolutely bizarre visit to the chemist

Walked in looking to buy some vitamin D supplements for the aul immune system

Pharmacist: "Hello how can we help you"
    Me: "Hello, could I get a bottle of vitamin D tablets please?"
    Pharmacist: slight shake of the head "Could you repeat that?"
    Me (presuming it's the mask): more clearly "Could I get a bottle of vitamin D please?"
    Pharmacist: shakes head again "Sorry could you repeat that?"
    Me: louder "Could I get a bottle of vitamin D please?"
    Pharmacist: "I'm sorry could you say it one more time"
    Me: (getting mildly annoyed now) repeat myself loudly and clearly so there is absolutely no way anybody could possibly misunderstand

Pharmacist gazes around at her other attendent and they both look at eachother with incomprehending disbelief before looking back at me
    Pharmacist: "A....bottle... .......of vitamin D??"
    Me (not getting what the issue is): "Yes, a bottle of vitamin D please."
    Pharmacist: "A......bottle?" :confused:
    Me: "Yes! A bottle of vitamin D, please!"
    Pharmacist's head is cocked like a golden retreiver, brow furrowed, thinking
    Pharmacist (to herself, thinking hard): "A bottle....of vitamin D............"
    Me: "Yes! Or a tub or a tube or whatever recepticle it comes in, of vitamin D! Please!"
    Pharmacist (understanding now): "Oooooh...okay. You want the nasal spray. Yes?"
    Me: "No, not the nasal spray. Just the normal tablets. Of vitamin D. Please."
    Pharmacist (understanding even more): "Aaaah. Okay. ..the one for children??"

(What I want to roar): NO! NOT FOR FÚCKING CHILDREN! FOR FÚCKING ADULTS! I'M TWENTY FÚCKING SIX AND HAVE NO CHILDREN WITH ME. UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED WHY THE FÚCK WOULD I WANT THE CHILDREN'S ONE?!

(What I actually say, tongue half bitten off): "No no, just the normal vitamin D tablets...for adults...a bottle of them...please." :)

Pharmacist: "Ooooh. Okay. grabs pill bottle off shelf directly beside her That'll be 16.50 please"
    Me (exhausted): pays Thank you
    Pharmacist: "Thanks! We hope to see you again!" :)

They will never see me again.

^^^^^
    Must've drunk a lot of cough syrup while waiting for customers...

My TA: a relative asked me in passing, around Christmas, to give some grinds to her daughter via Skype. I agreed, I said I'd be working between Christmas and the new year but that I could do evenings, lunchtimes and weekends, otherwise I was going to be free the first two weeks in January, knowing the schools were still out. Grand. Not a peep out of her, despite her getting in touch about other stuff. I sent off another message on Monday to confirm I still had a week off ahead of me. I got a reply this morning saying "Ok, I'll tell her.". Then, out of the blue, I get a call half an hour ago. The line wasn't the best, so I told her, "Hang on a sec, I'll call you right back, let me get the other phone." I went upstairs to get the other phone, I rang her right away (it took me maybe 45 secs), no answer. I send a message to say "I'm here". Zilch.

Why do I bother? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭Be right back

Just about to wash my lunch box when a work colleague comes along and washes his hands over my lunch box!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

The auto rotate function is broken on my phone so I'll be in the middle of writing a message on WhatsApp and it will suddenly swing into landscape mode. Highly irritating.
    Extra TA it's a new phone I've had less than a month.

Just about to wash my lunch box when a work colleague comes along and washes his hands over my lunch box!

I really hope thats not a euphemism! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭Be right back

AxleAddict wrote: »
    I really hope thats not a euphemism! :D

Of course not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My hair.It feels really heavy lately.

It feels like im dragging it around with me....
    Cant wait till Hairdressers open,im getting a Sinead O Conner:D

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »
    My hair.It feels really heavy lately.

It feels like im dragging it around with me....
    Cant wait till Hairdressers open,im getting a Sinead O Conner:D

Me when my haircut is overdue:

40cf1cf1ebbeb2509ffbb6b822eeb608.gif

Disclaimer: I (sadly) do not look like a teen heartthrob ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement