Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I can't make a decision on what to eat!!
    Send help before I die of starvation!!!!!!

Chinese,cant go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Joanne McNally is annoying me, her voice, her accent and she’s sooooo Dublin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I asked OH to get rid of the Christmas tree, the feckin thing was just hanging out in the sitting room looking like something from the deep. I didn't expect him to just prop it up literally outside the front door, and in the interim we'd another fall of snow, so when I stepped out later to take the dog for her bedtime business, I genuinely thought I had lost my mind and stepped into Narnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I ordered a doner kebab on Saturday evening from a place that I hadn't ordered from in a long time. I remember getting a really good kebab in there a few years ago which had proper marinated and spiced lamb and it was delicious. When I opened the kebab on Saturday eve, instead of having lamb it had that awful sliced minced dog meat that you would find in the likes of Abrakebabra. I'll never order from that place ever again, it was so disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭raven41

Autosport wrote: »
    Joanne McNally is annoying me, her voice, her accent and she’s sooooo Dublin :rolleyes:

Probably queen of the annoying accent. She has the stereotypical dort accent off to a tee. No idea whether its real or affected but either way its a head melt. Most Dublin people dont speak like this although there is a worrying trend with 15 - 17 year old schoolgirls talking like Californians...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

raven41 wrote: »
    Probably queen of the annoying accent. She has the stereotypical dort accent off to a tee. No idea whether its real or affected but either way its a head melt. Most Dublin people dont speak like this although there is a worrying trend with 15 - 17 year old schoolgirls talking like Californians...

I see what ye mean. I'm not even from the country and I can see the annoying side of this tone.

I put a timer on my Chrome so I can cut down on use. Only 10 minutes of Boards left!!!!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

When I see the wipers on a vehicle aimlessly swishing back and forth and its NOT RAINING!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Who is she?
    There was a one worse than her a few years back, she used to do the AA Roadwatch report on the radio...
    She pronounced “roundabout” as “Rind a bite”. Most annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Why does Mrs E insist on “locking” the lid on the laundry detergent tablets..
    No kids in our house and it take me ages to open it!

Just me and my adult son at home, yet I always do the same, even though I know I will struggle to re-open the fecker. From this day forward I am determined to leave it open. Thank you eisenberg :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I put a timer on my Chrome so I can cut down on use. Only 10 minutes of Boards left!!!!

:p

Once the timer expires on Chrome then switch over the Internet Explorer.
    Simples. :pac:

My TA is that with restaurants closed I cant find a takeaway place that does pizzas the way I like em. Might have to start making my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Next-door-neighbour had a load of brambles and overgrown weeds behind her shed. Shed was taken down last week, so I volunteered to cut back all the weeds and get rid of them.

Spent a few hours yesterday doing the job and very pleased with the result, as was she.

My TA is this: Despite wearing thick gardening gloves, my hands are destroyed with little scratches and cuts and they are stinging the sh!t out of me. How long will I have to suffer for my good deed?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Programs such as ''Pulling with my Parents''. Are people so desperate to get on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

so I volunteered to cut back all the weeds and get rid of them.

That was your mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got a really nice photo of a little fat jolly robin, bouncing around on the ground beside me. Afterwards I realized that it wasn't all leaves around him, he's standing beside a massive frozen dog crap. Kind of takes the awwww out of the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Next-door-neighbour had a load of brambles and overgrown weeds behind her shed. Shed was taken down last week, so I volunteered to cut back all the weeds and get rid of them.

Spent a few hours yesterday doing the job and very pleased with the result, as was she.

My TA is this: Despite wearing thick gardening gloves, my hands are destroyed with little scratches and cuts and they are stinging the sh!t out of me. How long will I have to suffer for my good deed?

Get a balm for your hands. I got it before as mine were destroyed from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Programs such as ''Pulling with my Parents''. Are people so desperate to get on TV?

Did you watch the episode with the guy covered in tattoos, hands, neck, face, the works. He is an absolute tool. You can tell his tattoos mean nothing and are merely an attention seeking emblem. He was also on First Dates. One of the most cringeworthy people I've ever seen.
    TA that I know so much about him and didn't just switch it off! He drew me in like a car crash the wily bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When you sit on a seat but it's already warm, I really don't want to be feeling someone else's arse heat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

PsychoPete wrote: »
    When you sit on a seat but it's already warm, I really don't want to be feeling someone else's arse heat

Are you sure its not wee:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The neighbours have put their house up for sale, the estate agent pictures make the house look fcuking amazing. Why can't my house look that pretty?

(as an aside my sister and her bf are currently house-hunting and I'm equal parts horrified and delighted at the thoughts of them maybe buying the house)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I miss my friends

Working from home with a baby, simultaneously listening to the shíte imported Chinese toy singing about purple monkies and on hold to a company with ice cream van music playing on a loop. This is surely how people lose their mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Antares35 wrote:
    Working from home with a baby, simultaneously listening to the shíte imported Chinese toy singing about purple monkies and on hold to a company with ice cream van music playing on a loop. This is surely how people lose their mind.

When baby number two comes along you'll look back on this as one of the most peaceful and serene moments of your life. :pac: ah I'm just messing with you....(not messing.)... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at people who, instead of debating a point you make, decide to look at your social media profile, find something personal about you (your hobbies, your interests, your job, your photos - nothing that necessarily NEEDS to be hidden from people), and go back and use that against you. It's a form of bullying and it brings my piss to a boil.

When someone posts a picture of a found dog on social media and some tool goes and tags someone who lost their dog saying "oh my god look is this Rover?!" and you can clearly see it isn't Rover. Anyone who has lost a pet will know how gut wrenching it is to have your hopes raised then dashed. For god's sake take a proper look at the picture before tagging someone. The one I saw this morning could have been a spot the difference pitched at four year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I was reading about the New London school explosion yesterday and I don't think I got enough credit for not blowing up our school.

Now I know it's a bit rich when you're looking for credit for something you're supposed to do - like, you're supposed to not blow up your school - but, story time...

When a young Blitzkrieger was 15, we were doing an experiment that required the use of bunsen burners in physics class. Don't ask me why in god's name we were using bunsen burners in a physics class, because I can't remember that detail. So the burners are handed out, and the teacher (who's been chatting to some girls in the front the whole time) turns on the gas and goes out the back to get something.

I can immediately hear gas escaping from behind my desk, though my lab partner doesn't seem to have noticed and is reaching for the lighter. I stop him, and shout out "Sir, there's a gas leak", but he's still out the back. I check our taps, and the taps on the empty desk next to us, but I can still hear the leak, so I get up, and go to the guys on the two desks in front and check their taps, but can still hear gas leaking. At this point the teacher comes back in, and myself and a couple of other guys yell at him that there's a gas leak, but he doesn't notice; just raises his voice and keeps talking to the girls.

By now, some of the guys on the other side have their burners lit, so I get them to turn their gas off, and check the taps on the remaining unused desks, but I can still hear a gas leak. The teacher is about to light the burner for the girls at the front when pretty much the whole class yells : "Sir!" He angrily yelled back : "What?" And we all yelled that there's a gas leak.

At this point it finally registers. He turns off the gas (about time), opens the electric roof windows (strictly speaking probably shouldn't have) to vent the gas, and tells us all to go outside (probably should have done that first).

It seemed to take ages to get his attention, but in reality it was probably around 90 seconds between noticing the gas leak and turning off the gas, so in a room that size there was probably little danger. I was the only one that noticed the leak though, so it could have gotten dangerous if I hadn't. Kinda highlights the value of safety procedures. A different science teacher had told us the safety procedures day one in first year. The teacher is supposed to immediately check for leaks after turning the gas on, and never leave the room while it is on. Consensus among the guys I was chatting with afterwards was that although the girls he was chatting to were probably the smartest two people in our year, the teacher was probably distracted because one of them had a uncommonly large set of knockers for a girl her age.

TL;DR : Horny teacher almost blew up the school but Blitz saved the day.

While on the subjects of science and large knockers; accidental or deliberate misinformation.

The other day 'The bra whisperer' was on RTE, talking about women working from home not wearing a bra and suggesting that without support their boobies will sag. Cynical me thinks of course she'd say that because her job depends on it, but the science suggests otherwise. A university in California did a study involving student athletes with large breasts. It basically just got them to stop wearing bras for thirty days and measured the results. While initially the students reported discomfort, especially while exercising, they said it got better after two weeks, and their breasts felt firmer. In most cases there was a significant difference in the distance between shoulder and nipple after ten days.

If you support a muscle it'll atrophy. Make it work and it'll get firmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Yet another one of my bra's underwires has poked through the fabric and is now stabbing me in the chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yet another one of my bra's underwires has poked through the fabric and is now stabbing me in the chest.

Jaysus, that sounds like a right deathtrap.

I need to approach these things with caution in future! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The damn printer, I bought a wireless printer to print documents etc and the blasted thing will only print the test sheet. I’ve sent different files to it to be printed and not a budge out of it. I’ve downloaded the app onto the iPad and it said they’re connected but not a budge out of it.

It’s going out the window in a few minutes if it doesn’t work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The damn printer, I bought a wireless printer to print documents etc and the blasted thing will only print the test sheet. I’ve sent different files to it to be printed and not a budge out of it. I’ve downloaded the app onto the iPad and it said they’re connected but not a budge out of it.

It’s going out the window in a few minutes if it doesn’t work
    Printers. especially if its a bank holiday eve or under pressure, are EVIL!!!

TA Printers!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement