Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

People who make up words. Just stop. Two examples I’ve seen today:

“You might get catharification from it”. Catharsis. You might get catharsis from it.

“He didn’t even get any penalisation”. He didn’t get penalised or he didn’t get a penalty. One or the other. Not that abomination.

TA I'm only seeing this post now cos it really made me smile:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Porklife wrote: »
    TA I'm only seeing this post now cos it really made me smile:)

My sister said to me tonight, 'there is a simulation in your work contract'.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Somewhat related to my previous TA regarding people's lack of thought and effort when it comes to marking special occasions for others. I only just realised today that not only do my parents not put any thought into gifts for others they actually highjack my creative thinking/ gifting too. A relative has recently finished treatment for an illness. He has always been good to me so to mark the end of his treatment and hopefully the start of better health for him, I mentioned to my mother that I was going to have some bubbly delivered to him to celebrate. She immediately jumped in about how it is a great idea and she'll go in on it with me. Eh no. This is my gift to him. Feck off and think up your own nice thing to do!

She does it all the time. I'll figure out something really lovely to do for someone we both know, and she'll say "oh that's a great idea let me sign my name too and I'll give you half". Like every cool present I've thought of for my dad over the years has been "from both of us" because she just couldn't be bothered stretching her own imagination a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Antares35 wrote: »
    Somewhat related to my previous TA regarding people's lack of thought and effort when it comes to marking special occasions for others. I only just realised today that not only do my parents not put any thought into gifts for others they actually highjack my creative thinking/ gifting too. A relative has recently finished treatment for an illness. He has always been good to me so to mark the end of his treatment and hopefully the start of better health for him, I mentioned to my mother that I was going to have some bubbly delivered to him to celebrate. She immediately jumped in about how it is a great idea and she'll go in on it with me. Eh no. This is my gift to him. Feck off and think up your own nice thing to do!

She does it all the time. I'll figure out something really lovely to do for someone we both know, and she'll say "oh that's a great idea let me sign my name too and I'll give you half". Like every cool present I've thought of for my dad over the years has been "from both of us" because she just couldn't be bothered stretching her own imagination a bit.

At least you realised now.Dont be sharing your good ideas with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had to move a few seats up from a girl on the bus who's perfume was so pungent I could taste it through my face mask :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I had to move a few seats up from a girl on the bus who's perfume was so pungent I could taste it through my face mask :(

Was she wearing too much or just rank?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Autosport wrote: »
    Was she wearing too much or just rank?

It was pretty rank. It was so pungent that it was almost like inhaling mustard gas. I can still feel it lingering in my nostrils and at the back of my throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Be right back

Her way of keeping people two metres away from her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I wanted one small but very specific thing for my birthday. Nobody got it for me, despite mentioning it several times throughout the year. TA when people just throw money at you for birthdays. I have a job, I don't need money but a little thought would be cheaper and mean so much more :(

When I told OH I was upset he didn't remember the small thing I wanted, he claimed he'd been "looking for it for two weeks online". I found it in thirty seconds. I guess he must be using a different internet :D

Edit I think the TA really is that I always put so much thought into gifting for others. I really try so hard to get things people will love. It's not about flashy presents but just things that say "I know you, I know what you value and I really want you to be happy/ surprised". And I suppose I hold everyone else up to that same standard. It's bound to lead to disappointment I suppose :(
    You reminded me of an episode of Malcolm in the Middle where Lois took the boys to the shopping centre the day before her birthday.
    She basically spelled it out for them what she wanted and where it was in the shop and gave them the exact amount of money to buy it and sent them off.
    The little feckers bought her something really cheap and tacky and spent the rest on sweets and comics for themselves.

Then to really put the boot in Hal had forgot it was her birthday and hadn't got her anything at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

TA at the lads over in the soccer forum looking nostalgically back at the Trap and MON eras and have decided that after only two games trying to pass the ball doesn't suit Irish players so lets go back to lashing it up the field and hope for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It was pretty rank. It was so pungent that it was almost like inhaling mustard gas. I can still feel it lingering in my nostrils and at the back of my throat.

I bet it was "White Linen". God, whatever they put in it should be weaponised, that is the exact effect it has on me. The first sniff is almost pleasant, but then... BOOOM!!!

TA at the lads over in the soccer forum looking nostalgically back at the Trap and MON eras and have decided that after only two games trying to pass the ball doesn't suit Irish players so lets go back to lashing it up the field and hope for the best.

How could anyone have nostalgia for the Trap years :confused:
    Fecking disaster he was, a total waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,360 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

New Home wrote: »
    I bet it was "White Linen". God, whatever they put in it should be weaponised, that is the exact effect it has on me. The first sniff is almost pleasant, but then... BOOOM!!!

For me it would be anything with Jasmine in it. Smells like cats piss to me 🀮

White Phosphorous, more like :pac:
    Tends more to be middle age women who are chemical weapons IME.
    A woman stood beside me at the bar once at a wedding. Flamin Ada! she was so bad my eyes were watering and I couldn't stop sneezing like crazy. :eek:

I had to abandon ship, hurry to the jacks and throw cold water on my face.

I just thought... imagine if you had been put sitting at her table beside her :(

For me it would be anything with Jasmine in it. Smells like cats piss to me ��
    It is about time they started giving those super strong perfumes honest names like Pee Pee du Chat, Le Napalm, Gas de le Tears, Chloroform by Marc Roberts, Le Mine Sulphur etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Working at home and I’m not a fan of random calls on MS Teams. Send a quick message first please. I could be busy, not have headset to hand, playing with myself, making a cup of tea, on the throne. Who knows.

A quick “call?” message is all I ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,360 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

It is about time they started giving those super strong perfumes honest names like Pee Pee du Chat, Le Napalm, Gas de le Tears, Chloroform by Marc Roberts, Le Mine Sulphur etc.

Decadence by Marc Jacobs is a pretty bad offender and unfortunately was very popular a few years ago when it first came out. And the guys that wear an entire can of Lynx are just as guilty.

I do sometimes feel like I've involuntarily stepped into the army's CS gas training session with the pungent smell off some perfumes and aftershaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I find dior perfumes extremely strong and very musky.... I had to give mine away to the sister as couldn't wear it.

20 yrs later that still trivially annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Just don't tell her anymore until after you give the present. I try not to tell my family anything. I made the mistake of telling then that I'm off next week but was going to stay home to do some stuff around the house. Now they're trying to organise what we're going to paint, as well as what to dump in the skip that I'm going to order. :rolleyes: I (nicely) say "Thanks for the offer, but if I need any help, I'll ask." but that doesn't work.

I know that they're trying to help but it stresses me out. I'm a lone wolf who tries to avoid people. Allow me to do so on my holidays!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

KungPao wrote: »
    Working at home and I’m not a fan of random calls on MS Teams. Send a quick message first please. I could be busy, not have headset to hand, playing with myself, making a cup of tea, on the throne. Who knows.

A quick “call?” message is all I ask.

I nearly fell off the chair trying to grab the headset on one side of desk while trying to turn the radio down on the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Then to really put the boot in Hal had forgot it was her birthday and hadn't got her anything at all :D
    And Hal felt so guilty about it, that he went completely off the rails and started cooking meth. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The spread of corona virus depends on how dense the population is, and how dense the population is.

I was in a bar last weekend for the first time in six months. I made one trip to the toilets, and the one other guy that was in there left without washing his hands. Six months into a pandemic and the ****er still can't wash his ****ing hands!

Also, on the bus home, apart from several people wearing their mask below their chins after sitting down, there was one of the dumbest young fellas I've encountered in a while. He barely got on because the bus was almost at social distance capacity, and he's acting aggressive and telling his mates he was going to punch the driver if he wouldn't let him on. ****ing melt - the bus driver was twice his size and the young fella looked like he'd struggle with crisp lettuce. Who would win - one dumb ass with the size and intimidation factor of a bunny rabbit, or a bus full of people who want to go home?

People standing right behind you in line and ignoring the markers on the floor.:mad:
    I want to change our national anthem to Don't Stand So Close To me by The Police.

People standing right behind you in line and ignoring the markers on the floor.:mad:
    I want to change our national anthem to Don't Stand So Close To me by The Police.

This happened to me twice this week, a woman clung to me in Zara the other day despite me turning around and staring at her a few times ,same thing happened in Pennys yesterday in the queue for customer service, in fairness there is an employee walking around the store who seems to be monitoring everything, he came over and asked her if she was in the queue and when she said yes he just said "Social distance?" in a tone that meant business, I was delighted ,it was the equivalent of the guards stopping a car that acts the maggot on the road, rarely happens but great when it does.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

This happened to me twice this week, a woman clung to me in Zara the other day despite me turning around and staring at her a few times ,same thing happened in Pennys yesterday in the queue for customer service, in fairness there is an employee walking around the store who seems to be monitoring everything, he came over and asked her if she was in the queue and when she said yes he just said "Social distance?" in a tone that meant business, I was delighted ,it was the equivalent of the guards stopping a car that acts the maggot on the road, rarely happens but great when it does.

It's as if some people have emerged from a cave, and have no idea why there are floor markings and so forth. We are at this for the past six months. How can they still be oblivious to it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's because knowing and caring are two very different things.

Exactly, its like the dipsticks that know they should get into the correct lane because they'll be taking a slip road about 100 yards away but they stay in the overtaking lane until the last second then cut across 3 lanes because they own the road or take the bus lane and then try to get back into the correct lane...feck off and feck off anyone who let's them back in, self entitled, self absorbed, selfish gits who are usually wearing sunglasses with big cabbage heads on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

New Home wrote:

Nail on the head. I think there's odd characters that are doing it on purpose in defiance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at when I get interrupted in a very specific way during a verbal argument (or any conversation, I suppose).

I hate whenever I'm making my point, and I then stop in my tracks to sneeze/cough/take a breath - literally any involuntary thing I have to do in the middle of talking, that gap of silence is not yours to jump in and interrupt me when I wasn't finished talking. F*ck off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kate is studying 6 ordinary level subjects in school. She was wants to do a course that requires about 500 points and she has no hope of achieving it: Kate’s parents encourage her and then everybody acts surprised on results day when she doesn’t get the points or offered her 1st choice.

I do know the points system is different now and she could get into her course through courses, etc eventually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement