Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My TA is that neither my phone nor Skype have eyeroll emoticons, while Boards has the smiley eyeroll which isn't the same as a FFS! eyeroll emoticon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

New Home wrote:
    My TA is that neither my phone nor Skype have eyeroll emoticons, while Boards has the smiley eyeroll which isn't the same as a FFS! eyeroll emoticon.

So annoying "!_)$(&(3+_+$($(_4

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No need to curse like that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

New Home wrote:

Em excuse me! That was a really sarcastic eye roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »

TA at people who think they own the place & snap their fingers for attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Me and my girlfriend were lying blissed out in a post-coital glow.
    She turned and said 'I love you Tin' to which I replied 'I love you *insert previous long-term girlfriend's name*' :eek:

Ex-gf I should have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Me and my girlfriend were lying blissed out in a post-coital glow.
    She turned and said 'I love you Tin' to which I replied 'I love you *insert previous long-term girlfriend's name*' :eek:

Ex-gf I should have said.

She was blissed out probably missed it.

No, you don't get away with something like that, S.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

No that one is being held back for something special.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I just went to Tesco to try a digital voucher I got for doing surveys. Forgot to use it.

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »
    No that one is being held back for something special.:D
    That was ages ago, we split up. But you are right Dubstarr, that boob was used as the heavy artillery for ages afterwards: we would be having an argument about something completely different and if it looked like she was in danger of losing, she would call up the big guns 'and what about the time you...' :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Porklife wrote: »
    I'm laughing at all the embarrassing stories and thought I'd add my own.

I was sitting outside Grogans enjoying a lovely Guinness back when we could actually do that (sob!) waiting for a friend of mine. My pint was almost empty and this really cute guy came over to me and said 'can I get you another drink?' He was dressed casually in jeans and a t-shirt and was smiling. I said oh thank you so much, I'm flattered but I'm just waiting for a friend. He looked confused and said eh, ok before strolling over to the table beside me and asking the bunch of lads sitting there if they'd like another round.
    He was the waiter.
    Needless to say I left mortified and met my friend at a different bar. (◍•ᴗ•◍)

Porklife, that is brilliant! I'm not laughing, I swear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Finding lumps of toothpaste in the sink and on the taps after someone has brushed their teeth. How is it possible you can make such a mess brushing your teeth, or just clean up the bloody mess when you're finished

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Driving along, and the driver in the opposite direction waves, and I wave back. But he's not waving, just turning down the sun visor. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Just thought of this, years ago as a teenager I was in the back of my parents' car. The rear window was fogged up with condensation and my dad asked me to wipe it.
    Two girls walking past thought I was waving at them and they bent down waving and grinning in at me like I had special needs or something! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Why, for the love of all that is good, would you email me to ask me to call you, just so you can tell me by phone that you're doing the thing that I asked you to do - which is to scan and email me a document?

People brazenly picking their nose while sitting in traffic, at the lights etc.
    Your car is not magically making you invisible, we can all see you, you know.

People brazenly picking their nose while sitting in traffic, at the lights etc.
    Your car is not magically making you invisible, we can all see you, you know.
    Unfortunately, that's not all they do... Ugh, witnessing certain things from the top of a bus, before breakfast, too... the goggles do nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Just admiring some of Hungary’s football stadia over here

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/hungary-stadium-and-arena-development-news.1026145/page-18

Every one an art gallery in its own right. We are so.far.behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The stirring sticks for tea/coffee in all the circle K petrol stations really annoy me. I have to say I find it the best petrol station coffee on the road but why the hell is each individual stick wrapped in paper. It’s so annoying having to peel each one. The sticks are also too short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

..Bohs doing everything in their power to blow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Why, for the love of all that is good, would you email me to ask me to call you, just so you can tell me by phone that you're doing the thing that I asked you to do - which is to scan and email me a document?

This drives me crazy Molly! I work with a woman who messages me on Teams almost on the hour saying - hi there, can you call me? So, irritatedly I call her and she says I got that email you sent and have sent back the documents. Eh, I know that...I know because I received them and I received them because you sent them you absolute moron so why in the **** of ****s are we even having this needless conversation?!
    Then, an hour later I get a message again saying - hey can you call me? With gritted teeth I hit call....hello ..oh hi (why act surprised...you asked me to call *rolleyes*)...how are you getting on with those documents I sent over?
    Punch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Trying to get finished up on putting together a document for work, and Microsoft Word crashed without warning, wiping out the last half an hour or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

When things get shared on Facebook or Twitter regarding not caring/being pleased about being defriended/unfollowed, lots of big grin emojis and "It's just a big laugh to me", etc.

They're obviously raging. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The never ending news on Donald Trump, the election, the protests. I dont care. It's a crazy country that is tearing itself apart.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The never ending news on Donald Trump, the election, the protests. I dont care. It's a crazy country that is tearing itself apart.
    And they still call themselves the greatest country in the world :rolleyes:

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The whole America thing wouldn't be so riveting for people if what happens there didn't affect the rest of the world, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

You Ess Ay!!
    Ewe Ess Ay!!
    Yew Ess Ay!!

I woke up at 5.30 this morning so decided to log onto my work laptop while watching a few episodes of Parks and Recreation. I sent an e-mail to a supplier about a mistake they made but it was something that would be easily fixed. Anyway, I ended up going into work at 7.30 instead of 8. After a while, I started to get annoyed that the supplier hadn't responded. I mean...it was something that could be fix in a minute!! Then I realised that it was only 8.30 and I should probably give them a chance to get into work so they could read my e-mail. :D

Posters who say 'close thread' or 'you can close it up now' like they have just given the perfect answer that can never be topped. :rolleyes:

Calling Dr Ego.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being taken to task passively aggressively because I didnt know something I hadn't been told, is not on the organisations public details and being referred to it by their colleagues who should know the organisations boundaries.

But sure, I'M the problem in this tatata.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement