Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The lotto syndicate moocher

A gang of 5 of us used to work together but these days were are in different companies and indeed some of us emigrated.

We don't enter the Euromillions every week, only when it goes over 100 million so that is 4-5 times per year

My TA is the moocher. 4 out of 5 take turns and buy tickets and WhatsApp a photo record. 1 just sits back and might make an odd joke or comment but never ever buys ticket.

Even when you push them and call them out they promise and "forget". If we won they wouldn't be shy about coming forward!!

Actually I am TA´d with myself as I am the fool who puts up with this. More fool me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Face masks and glasses and breath fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

When you wash the car people always say the same things. Oh you got a good day for it anyway...You are hard at it...You can come and do mine when you are finished, heh heh :rolleyes:
    It is getting like the Ned Ryerson scene in Groundhog day, I know what they will say before they even open their trap.

You missed a bit !!!

TA my Chromecast stopped working. Had to do a full reinstall & reset of router.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When people give you no notice.. and just assume things will suit you! I’ll go out of my way to make sure it doesn’t.

I forgot to button up the quilt cover before putting it in for a wash, so everything piled in. I had to practically climb in to retrieve the pillow cases.

• Advertisement

Newsfeeds about 'The Chase'

Always popping up in newsfeeds almost daily. Show appears to be a hotbed of news/gossip/controversy. Damn cookie monitored newsfeeds. Just lately it appears that Jenny Ryan's name isn't really Jenny Ryan; the same Jenny Ryan must've said summit 'controversial' recently , as apparently the latest addition to the show Darragh Ennis 'went to bat' for her, so to speak; and what I didn't think was news - Labbett and his missus appear to have split up. I thought they already had.

And thanks to fuppin cookies I can find out no more, beyond the headlines.

Normally, this is the kind of cr*p I could live to be a hundred without knowing. And, why does my phone think I've got a Chase related obsession :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Getting into bed and then realising you want food

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭4Ad

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Getting into bed and then realising you want food

I'm like that every night !!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Inconsistent face mask rules in restaurants.
    Met friends for lunch yesterday, got to the restaurant, girl at the door brought me to my table, no mention of face masks, not signage up (I wasn't wearing my face mask because most restaurants don't expect you to wear one). Had food, got up to go to the toilet, another member of staff stopped me, scolding me like a child about not wearing a face covering when I'm not at the table. Fine, I go back to the table to put it on. Why did I not need to wear one when I entered the place and went to my table but have to wear one when I walk to the toilet??? Make up your effing mind :confused:

On a different note, we split the bill and when I went to pay mine it was under 20 euro. Staff told me they don't accept card payments under 20. Really??? In this day and age when you're advised to not use cash? My friend paid for me thankfully as I do not really have cash on me anymore unless I need it for parking.

Still annoyed thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ThatIt took me so long to realise gremilerta and laptop gremlin are different ( very different) posters.
    Sorry grem :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Boards acting all weird again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Will they ever sort out the gremlins?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I read online the owner saying that Boards.ie has been infiltrated by the Chinese Communist Party and is now completely under their control.
    That might explain the gremlins. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

The woman who came into the shop and began to rummage through her bag, saying I must put on my mask. You could do that before you enter the shop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had some of the boys over yesterday, having overstayed their welcome they decided to order food online. It was sooo painful listening to them trying to decide on a delivery service(alt I had a discount code of one) and then the hours of discussion on what they would order , ta

I finally got fedup and went online, it took so long for them to order and changed their minds so often that I forgot what I wanted and ordered something I had eaten yesterday and didnt really want then either. ta

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Annual motorcycle insurance rant time.

There's always companies entering and exiting the motorcycle insurance market in Ireland, but from what I could see, at the moment there's only three companies offering insurance, with a handful of others acting as brokers. Of these handful of companies, guess how many offer the facility of getting a quote online? One! One company allows you to get a quote online, the rest want you to phone them like a caveman. Instead of typing in your own details, they want to pay on employee to take at least twice as long to do it for you. Once you actually get through that is - most of them are working from home at the moment and those 'high volume of calls' messages seem to be constant.

To hell with that. I renewed with my old insurer again. The only company offering online renewals and online quotes. The renewal quote was €30 lower than a new quote, and I've so much no claims bonus at this stage I'd be lucky to save a tenner by spending half a day ringing around.

I'm amazed that the insurance companies don't offer more services online - it's 2020 ffs. One of the companies involved is a major one, and I can do everything online with car insurance, but not with motorcycle insurance. It's probably not without issues, but if you've already got a quote engine for car insurance, how hard can it be to make one for motorcycle insurance?

I'm guessing there's two reasons they don't have them. The first is that they want their sales people to 'sell' you a policy. I'm aware that the different companies offer different levels of cover for european driving, leathers, legal cover, etc., but most of that isn't really important to me, and I'm not going to be jedi-mind tricked into a policy over the phone. I once had an agent try to sell me a policy by stressing how much legal cover they offer. If I have a major accident I'll probably be dead, not worrying about a day in court...

I'm guessing the major reason is they can't be arsed! That they make so much money from car insurance that they can't be bothered to get involved in the relatively small (though growing) motorcycle insurance market. They're making money hand over fist already and don't need the extra hassle to make their bonuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Whiny little cunts who harass Dublin Bus customer service staff on Twitter about perceived breaches of social distancing guidelines on buses.

"The driver let too many people on" - You mean the driver let too many other people on, right?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You missed a bit !!!

TA my Chromecast stopped working. Had to do a full reinstall & reset of router.

Oh no! was this difficult? I changed from Sky to Vodafone for both broadband and TV today, guys were out installing it...... I know I will have to reinstall Chromcast and havent a clue as I didn't set it up in the beginning. Dreading it, any tips would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Oh no! was this difficult? I changed from Sky to Vodafone for both broadband and TV today, guys were out installing it...... I know I will have to reinstall Chromcast and havent a clue as I didn't set it up in the beginning. Dreading it, any tips would be great :)

Dropped you a PM Maggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Disappointed that I missed out on a film, my sis saw this https://online.galwayfilmfleadh.com/film/tomorrow-is-saturday/ on her instergam. She told me about it in an email. I had a look but saw it was unavailable to watch. I emailed the website and got this reply

Ah bummer :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

People are fookin strange as fook. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

TA'd that The Irish Times has become such a rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Get home from the vet and OH doesn't even ask how the cat got on.

Naming storms.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,283 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Antares35 wrote: »
    Get home from the vet and OH doesn't even ask how the cat got on.

Naming storms.

How did the cat get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

Ads on YouTube for UX Design courses. I'm thinking about signing up in the hope that it'll make them go away...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

Your Face wrote: »
    TA'd that The Irish Times has become such a rag.

Those Q&A pieces they do see very un-Irish Times.

Q. OK so what if I...
    A. Well, you...

Arrgghhh, stop pretending this is a conversation and just provide the information properly, for crying out loud.

Also TA'd that I don't have a subscription to cancel in annoyance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Not a TA but a SMA (super massive annoyance). I'm so over 2020, it's just been one thing after another this year. Friend died of cancer in February, second friend's dad diagnosed with cancer, third friend's dad just died in a house fire, constant anxiety for 6 months, world just falling to bits in front of us. Fcuk me I am just so angry about this entire year. Would it ever just fcuk off.

When the slice of bread is slightly too tall for the toaster and you end up with an inch of untoasted bit across the top.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Not a TA but a SMA (super massive annoyance). I'm so over 2020, it's just been one thing after another this year. Friend died of cancer in February, second friend's dad diagnosed with cancer, third friend's dad just died in a house fire, constant anxiety for 6 months, world just falling to bits in front of us. Fcuk me I am just so angry about this entire year. Would it ever just fcuk off.

That's awful :( I hope 2021 will be better for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Antares35 wrote: »
    When the slice of bread is slightly too tall for the toaster and you end up with an inch of untoasted bit across the top.

That happens me as well, turn it around and stick it in again.

Ta'd at waking constantly during the night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement