Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One from last week, people with perfectly acceptable memory,and who haven't suffered the consequences of having a bad one.
    Saying' I will try to remember' to do a task I know well they dont want to do and I will suffer because they 'forgot'.

TA I would be given a slap on the wrist if I forget something even tho I have a diagnosed and disclosed memory disorder but they get away with it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Bredabe wrote: »
    Being taken to task passively aggressively because I didnt know something I hadn't been told, is not on the organisations public details and being referred to it by their colleagues who should know the organisations boundaries.

But sure, I'M the problem in this tatata.
    I feel ya. Office politics are sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

So, my bike has finally been stolen. It lasted 8 years which is pretty good I understand. I hadn't been able to ride it for years but its loss has hit me hard. It had enormous sentimental value. It's the last bit of my pre-cancer diagnosis life gone. I used to cycle up pretty big hills with backpacks full of groceries on my back on that bike. It was a reminder that not so long ago, I was full of vitality and energy. So having a bit of a sob here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

So, my bike has finally been stolen. It lasted 8 years which is pretty good I understand. I hadn't been able to ride it for years but its loss has hit me hard. It had enormous sentimental value. It's the last bit of my pre-cancer diagnosis life gone. I used to cycle up pretty big hills with backpacks full of groceries on my back on that bike. It was a reminder that not so long ago, I was full of vitality and energy. So having a bit of a sob here.
    Oh my god, bicycle theft is one thing that really f'ucking gets to me. :mad:

So sorry to read it. :(

Far from trivial but I know this thread is handy for letting off steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Oh my god, bicycle theft is one thing that really f'ucking gets to me. :mad:

So sorry to read it. :(

Far from trivial but I know this thread is handy for letting off steam.

I do think there should probably be a "not-so-trivial things that upset you" thread. It has occurred to me a few times. Might be an idea. I've written a few things in this thread that are more than trivial.

What do people think? Opinions welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

That's awful :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hope they fall off and break both their legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I do think there should probably be a "not-so-trivial things that upset you" thread. It has occurred to me a few times. Might be an idea. I've written a few things in this thread that are more than trivial.

While I agree with you, I think there was one started but it got merged into this one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

giphy.gif

:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gifs that suit my answer aside ODB, I think threads like those are perfect for AH, they cultivate their own little groups, much like here and the wherers thread

(I'm aware I'm not a regular poster but I see the fun youse guys have :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It’s not the first time it’s happened after a huge euromillions jackpot but I fell for it again .
    The app told me “ you’ve won a prize “.
    Heart is pounding! Open the app wondering could it really happen. The answer to my prayers?
    £2.70 . Fück off . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

My 6 year old spent €100 belonging to my 18 year old on v bucks in Fortnite :( murder going on at home now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I woke up with a banging headache.Like a hangover but without the pleasure of having a drink.

I found a youtube channel called, 50 km/h, I spent a lovely hour watching drives from places I used to live.

Now Im homesick.

The latest crop of new g/f's complaining about what their new man and their sibs call each other.

Honestly, as they made the decision to call each other that as a tribute, why give me grief?

If I ignore the question(as I've been answering it since 2003) they bitch about me to the new b/f and Im the bad guy.

In Lidl earlier and it seemed fairly busy despite their traffic light system. Anyway, a woman in front of me stopped to pick items off a shelf so I stood back with my trolley until she was finished since there was one on the other side too. While I did that, about five numpties from behind all squeezed past rather than waiting. So much for two metres or even basic manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just been in Lidl and the spaced out queueing means people ignore the single queue at the end that feeds the open tills and just go straight into the apparently queue-less tills. Its easy done but they (Lidl) need a bit more indication that there is a single queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

looksee wrote: »
    Just been in Lidl and the spaced out queueing means people ignore the single queue at the end that feeds the open tills and just go straight into the apparently queue-less tills. Its easy done but they (Lidl) need a bit more indication that there is a single queue.

i was in LIDL on Thursday and i didnt see any system like this. if it was there they kept it well hidden.

i was in LIDL on Thursday and i didnt see any system like this. if it was there they kept it well hidden.

Not well hidden in the one I was at :) maybe it's only some of them. This one tends towards busy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

I just opened a pack and ate some baklava I bought in Aldi and it was so sticky I think I could beat Spiderman in a vertical race up the empire state building. Fruit flavoured glue cakes. Tasty though.

• Advertisement

Mod:

Can I once again direct people to the previous mod warning in this thread.

Can we please follow this rule at all times.
    Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Hi gang,

Please note it would not be a wise course of action for us to start commenting on others TAs as TA.

It discourages contribution and makes a very enjoyable thread adversarial.

As I have said before in a mod note on this thread, each person's TA is their own. I would hate to see posters discussing others for posting in this thread: intentionally or otherwise. It will kill the thread in the long run.

Any queries on this please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

That the evenings are starting to get dark early..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I just went to Tesco to try a digital voucher I got for doing surveys. Forgot to use it.

Is it from redc? I got one but couldn't use it online when I tried.
    TA beginning to get nippy in thr evening time now. Feel cheated out of summer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

No matter how careful I am, maple syrup always drops onto the outside of the bottle - making it sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When you wash the car people always say the same things. Oh you got a good day for it anyway...You are hard at it...You can come and do mine when you are finished, heh heh :rolleyes:
    It is getting like the Ned Ryerson scene in Groundhog day, I know what they will say before they even open their trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Is it from redc? I got one but couldn't use it online when I tried.

No, opinions.ie via allgifts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Songs suddenly becoming unavailable on Spotify. Especially annoying if you have meticulously created a themed playlist and a previously "fine" track is now greyed-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It is that time of year when the wasps rise up and take over the country.

All the channels I have and I’m stuck watching friends from god knows when :(
    It’s still shyte

• Advertisement

It is that time of year when the wasps rise up and take over the country.

Only after killing one .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement