Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bro's house was dogtagged a few weeks ago, he has a dog who's breed that would be in demand by dog nappers.
    The dog has not been left alone since the tag was found but Uni is starting in a few weeks and I need a few days of novelty ahead of going back to an increased workload.

Ta, the static Im getting about dog care, he has a difficulty about every possible option for dog care, but if I go I'll be worried sick about the dog and if I dont, I'll be letting him away with not taking responsibility for HIS dog.

TATATATA.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Antares35 wrote: »
    When the slice of bread is slightly too tall for the toaster and you end up with an inch of untoasted bit across the top.
    I toats those sideways, somehow a strip at the side is less annoying than at the top/bottom.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't know what they've done to Penguin bars, but they're horrid. I can safely say I'll never p-p-p-pick up a penguin ever again. They taste like what I imagine Oxo-cube-flavoured chocolate would taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Philip and Holly and Piers Morgan and his co-presenter acting like complete sh.ts to guests.
    You invited them on to your show, the least you can do is have a bit of manners and show them respect.
    Especially Morgan the smug, sleazy, uber-creep.

Mammies in India tell their bold children to be good or else they will be reincarnated as Piers Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

That's awful :( I hope 2021 will be better for you.

I think the collective feeling at midnight this New Years Eve will be a massive '**** you 2020!!!'

TA that I vowed not to drink this week but I just opened a beer. On the plus side, it's absolutely delicious 😋

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Porklife wrote: »
    I think the collective feeling at midnight this New Years Eve will be a massive '**** you 2020!!!'

TA that I vowed not to drink this week but I just opened a beer. On the plus side, it's absolutely delicious ��

What beer is it?

asking for a friend >_> <_<

Ta'd at vodafone and their poxy crap internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is grabbing a trolley in the line outside the supermarket . I put my coin in . I try to pull the trolley out but no it’s caught in the previous one. A hard tug will free it surely, but no !
    TA is having to give in and take the manky one with banana shaking in it !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When the slice of bread is slightly too tall for the toaster and you end up with an inch of untoasted bit across the top.

The Tesco own brands are desperate for that . Means I have to stand waiting to turn it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Really long and trying day at work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

TA'ed that companies offer new customers (only) half price monthly subscriptions, when loyal customers are refused reasonable rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im doing intermittant fasting and its going well.Apart when i break my fast with carbs.I had to have a nap after:D

Which means im not tired now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

being in pain and having to take solpadeine:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

dubstarr wrote: »
    Im doing intermittant fasting and its going well.Apart when i break my fast with carbs.I had to have a nap after:D

Which means im not tired now.

Are you doing 16 hours fast, 8 hours eating?

Was thinking of trying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

New Home wrote:
    I don't know what they've done to Penguin bars, but they're horrid. I can safely say I'll never p-p-p-pick up a penguin ever again. They taste like what I imagine Oxo-cube-flavoured chocolate would taste.

What's a penguin's favourite film?....

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

People that wallow in their own self pity. I'll give them something to wallow about :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

Deja Boo wrote: »
    TA'ed that companies offer new customers (only) half price monthly subscriptions, when loyal customers are refused reasonable rates.

I've never understood this. In a previous life I worked in a car insurance call centre. We were big on customer retention and it was explained to us that the company needed to retain a customer for three years before that policy actually showed a profit. Companies nowadays must be operating to a very different set of rules. I suspect that it's something to do with new signups = growth and never mind those that go elsewhere - possibly because not enough will decamp to cancel out the growth from new signups - and this is all tied in with bonuses for the C-level bosses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Disappointed that I missed out on a film, my sis saw this https://online.galwayfilmfleadh.com/film/tomorrow-is-saturday/ on her instergam. She told me about it in an email. I had a look but saw it was unavailable to watch. I emailed the website and got this reply

Ah bummer :(

I got sorted with this :) went googling and discovered there'll be a showing in Dublin or an option to rent online

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Are you doing 16 hours fast, 8 hours eating?

Was thinking of trying it.

Yes I am,I find it's working well.I have lost about a stone.Its coming off slowly but surely.
    I do the longer fasts as well now.Which is hard but I'm really enjoying it.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    People that wallow in their own self pity. I'll give them something to wallow about :p
    You reminded me of my Da P. That was one of his sayings.

TA that some Golfgate people seem to be getting off scot-free :mad:

Sore eyes from too many screens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

What beer is it?

asking for a friend >_> <_<

Ta'd at vodafone and their poxy crap internet!

Seph dude, you can tell your eh.. friend that it was Soporro beer and they can get it in most Asain stores. I'd recommend you...oh, eh...they serve it ice cold.
    Peanuts on the side optional but recommended :)

TA I bought milk this morning and it's past its use by date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,541 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Getting into bed and then realising you want food
    For me it's getting into bed, realising that I have my socks on, but when I go to take them off, I don't have socks on at all. I've self-diagnosed myself with peripheral neuropathy. At the same time, my feet can feel numb but also extra-sensitive if I step on something. :confused: They've been like that for years...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Porklife wrote: »
    I'd recommend you...oh, eh...they serve it ice cold.
    Peanuts on the side optional but recommended :)

TA I bought milk this morning and it's past its use by date.

I'll try that toni...........I mean ehh I'll tell my fwiend to try that >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Soaked. Right down to the boxers.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Really bad vertigo and a headache :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My best friend is getting married on Friday, in a family-only ceremony due to covid. Annoyed I'm not able to attend, while perfectly understanding of the situation, but have been asked to write a piece to be read out.

TA'd that I can't be there on the day, doubly TA'd that I was blubbering like a little girl writing the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

just realised it is only wednesday. i woke up this morning convinced it was thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Went out to my car yesterday to go somewhere and saw some guy was parked right on my rear bumper. The trouble was, the front of my car was right up against a bollard so I was stuck. As I was walking over, the guy game out of the bookies and got into his car, so no problem... ...you'd think. I started my car, put on my seatbelt, looked in the mirror and he was on his phone! I gave him about twenty seconds and beeped. The gombeen looked around a bit and went back to his phone! I had to put the car in reverse and lean on the horn before he got the message!

Inconsiderate fooker! It'd have less than five seconds for him to park neater and not block me in, and then to be so unaware of what's happening around him....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Went out to my car yesterday to go somewhere and saw some guy was parked right on my rear bumper. The trouble was, the front of my car was right up against a bollard so I was stuck. As I was walking over, the guy game out of the bookies and got into his car, so no problem... ...you'd think. I started my car, put on my seatbelt, looked in the mirror and he was on his phone! I gave him about twenty seconds and beeped. The gombeen looked around a bit and went back to his phone! I had to put the car in reverse and lean on the horn before he got the message!

Inconsiderate fooker! It'd have less than five seconds for him to park neater and not block me in, and then to be so unaware of what's happening around him....

People are so unaware of others it just astounds me. There's a local park we walk the dog in sometimes. It's usually late enough when we get there and there wouldn't be a single other car when I park. I don't know how many times I've come back to the car and there's someone parked right beside me, even though the entire car park is empty except for our two cars... Then it's a major hassle trying to get car seat and buggy etc in if we happen to have the baby with us. I just don't get it. I mean I know technically they can park wherever they want but what's the thinking behind parking right up next to the only other car in the carpark??

It's a little like getting onto a bus and sitting right beside someone even though there are plenty of other free seats. Thankfully those days are gone but it took a pandemic!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

People are so unaware of others it just astounds me. There's a local park we walk the dog in sometimes. It's usually late enough when we get there and there wouldn't be a single other car when I park. I don't know how many times I've come back to the car and there's someone parked right beside me, even though the entire car park is empty except for our two cars... Then it's a major hassle trying to get car seat and buggy etc in if we happen to have the baby with us. I just don't get it. I mean I know technically they can park wherever they want but what's the thinking behind parking right up next to the only other car in the carpark??

It's a little like getting onto a bus and sitting right beside someone even though there are plenty of other free seats. Thankfully those days are gone but it took a pandemic!

Twice lately I have been in a situation where someone came and parked right beside me, ignoring all the other lovely empty spaces, and then I've driven off. I was due to drive off anyway, in both cases. I was wondering how they would cope then, with their car having no friends :D

And I know people can choose any empty space they want, but that did make me smile.

TA I'm sometimes too easily amused.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement