Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Lurkers on social media, and in WhatsApp groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Ah yes of course, your phone. Very TA that ;)

I've killed three phones this way!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Lurkers on social media, and in WhatsApp groups.

I don't accept any friend requests on social media from people with 0 posts.
    Show my yours and I'll show you mine, dear :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I don't accept any friend requests on social media from people with 0 posts.
    Show my yours and I'll show you mine, dear :)

It's always the same thing on Facebook. Man, widowed has one child works in the army away. Wife died tragically. No posts hardly, you add them they ring you within about three seconds (on Messenger). I copped onto this about ten years ago. My friend texted me, 'I met a cool guy on Facebook'. I said did you give him your number, is he widowed, one child works in the army. She was so dumb, she actually said, oh my God has he contacted you too :D
    I said cop onto reality, these people are fake, don't give your number to them.
    I must get one request a month now from these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Woke up with a crick in my neck. I'm getting old. I don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The alternative to getting old isn't that great either, Molly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

'Yo Bro, just because I help you through your difficulties in life, it doesn't mean that I have to get covic from you or yours!

Bruv, just give me the tracing details the govt wants me to have.

TA ppl still 'sharing their opinions' on contact tracing and/or masks.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TA that I have to keep contacting One4all for my refund of a gift card I sent back a month ago.
    4 times now they've told me they'd contact me back within 48hrs but never do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

When the day doesn't go the way I planned. I had aimed to cut all the grass before lunch then tackle the flower beds afterwards. Pissy rain put a stop to that. It will all get blown away tonight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

''can i have your number please''

''i have a girlfriend''

''sir this is for contact tracing''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭blade1

503's again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It's always the same thing on Facebook. Man, widowed has one child works in the army away. Wife died tragically. No posts hardly, you add them they ring you within about three seconds (on Messenger). I copped onto this about ten years ago. My friend texted me, 'I met a cool guy on Facebook'. I said did you give him your number, is he widowed, one child works in the army. She was so dumb, she actually said, oh my God has he contacted you too :D
    I saw the exact same thing on one of those rip off shows. It was on a dating site. Widower, military officer, one daughter. He swindled this woman out of her life savings, over 200,000. Said they would buy a house together in US. They never met only talked on the phone a lot.
    She ended up homeless, had to move in with a friend, because she had sold her house to raise the cash.

He had done it to lots of middle ages women too. He was on all dating sites. A random male model's photo for his profile pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,350 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Really sore back yesterday evening and all day today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

My favourite hat blew off and away when I was out having a walk, I didn't think it was as windy as it turned out to be. It's a shame, it served me well over the last while. Fair thee well old friend. I'll get over it once I let a single solitary tear run down my cheek, gotta accept it like a man.

giphy.gif

My nephew reacted like that gif when we first met.But I don't know which one of us should be annoyed.More later....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The unpredictability of the simple avocado....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for being in close proximity to very sweaty people today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's not even sob stories, it's people who only have an account to snoop, don't post anything but yet send you a request so they can gawk at your private account!

To thine own self be true

I saw the exact same thing on one of those rip off shows. It was on a dating site. Widower, military officer, one daughter. He swindled this woman out of her life savings, over 200,000. Said they would buy a house together in US. They never met only talked on the phone a lot.
    She ended up homeless, had to move in with a friend, because she had sold her house to raise the cash.

He had done it to lots of middle ages women too. He was on all dating sites. A random male model's photo for his profile pic.

That's very sad she must have been vulnerable and lonely. I'd know straight away about those scams but some do fall for them.

It's not even sob stories, it's people who only have an account to snoop, don't post anything but yet send you a request so they can gawk at your private account!

Weirdos. Feck sake.

TA sorry. I am dying from antibiotics this long my body is a mess, pounding headache too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I find it mind boggling that anyone would fall for those scams, I mean, you can easily part with 200 grand but a reverse image search is beyond you? I know you don't see what you don't want to see, but at some stage alarm bells should have been ringing.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    I find it mind boggling that anyone would fall for those scams, I mean, you can easily part with 200 grand but a reverse image search is beyond you? I know you don't see what you don't want to see, but at some stage alarm bells should have been ringing.

It's sad but in saying that my friend fell for it. Very well educated 34 year old privileged background. Senseless when it came to men. She was chatting to him on the phone and everything. Who knows where it would have gone.

TA little sleep but soldering on.

New Home wrote: »
    Well tbf this guy was a pro. He had done it several times (maybe loads more, most victims are too embarrassed to ever report it), very smooth and he had an answer for everything. I think he was actually based in Africa when they tracked him down.
    He had a system where he would ask to borrow quite a small amount of money at first and then ramp it up more and more if successful.
    Plus the woman was a widow herself and middle aged so she probably lonely and looking for a companion, then along comes this guy too good to be true.

I think the older generation are a bit more trusting than today's generation (wouldn't be as tech savvy either). That is not really a bad quality to have, except when it comes to these scummy scammers.

It's sad but in saying that my friend fell for it. Very well educated 34 year old privileged background. Senseless when it came to men. She was chatting to him on the phone and everything. Who knows where it would have gone.

TA little sleep but soldering on.

I find working on a few circuit boards always helps me to drop off as well :pac:

I find working on a few circuit boards always helps me to drop off as well :pac:

Was my spelling off? Oh the shame :)

Must've been the fumes. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Brought a bag of bon bons yesterday, the oldskool way, in a white plastic bag just like from my childhood, was walking down the street and was trying to open them and the fecking things went all over the street, main street is now covered in white bon bons courtesy of me

Brought a bag of bon bons yesterday, the oldskool way, in a white plastic bag just like from my childhood, was walking down the street and was trying to open them and the fecking things went all over the street, main street is now covered in white bon bons courtesy of me
    :D I did that in the airport one time with a big bag of cashew nuts. Gathered my baggage and slinked off to another spot before some irate cleaner arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,174 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what street would that be? i mean, if there are free bon bons going it would be mean of you not to share the location.

I'd say there are up in Donegal now with the wind last night. Probably choked a few birds on the way.

• Advertisement

Plus the woman was a widow herself and middle aged so she probably lonely and looking for a companion, then along comes this guy too good to be true.

I think the older generation are a bit more trusting than today's generation (wouldn't be as tech savvy either). That is not really a bad quality to have, except when it comes to these scummy scammers.
    Those are the key words to me. I mean, I know they are con artists and they are very good at their job, but there are websites dedicated to naming and shaming these people, complete with photos, sometimes even with mugshots.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement