Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Armchair side, more muffins in the oven, this time lemon ones. Can’t wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

That's it. I'm having my third afternoon snack of the day. Going to be so big when all this is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Trying again with the right photo

Dancing amongst the clouds on laughter fulfilled wings

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

It appears the public will be asked to take the c19 test soon.
    All of them.
    *maybe*.
    So it seems from something I received by email today.
    I suppose it is a good thing.

Nice brighter evenings now. Two months ago it was miserably dark at this sort of time of day.

Packing in the garden planning for today and drinking tea and just looking out at the garden. Garden planning for food is something that needs 2 people to be enjoyable. Like tv watching. Oh's mum's still not well at all, but not critically ill thank goodness. I miss him badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

It appears the public will be asked to take the c19 test soon.
    All of them.
    *maybe*.
    So it seems from something I received by email today.
    I suppose it is a good thing.

Widders (and everyone), be very careful about opening emails with attachments or links in emails pertaining to COVID / Coronavirus. There's a bunch of bad bast@rds out there exploiting peoples worries and fears and infecting their machines with ransomware and other nasties! So be super cautious.
    Currently deskside. Demo for the global team is done, it all worked (miraculously). I have a wonderous sense of relief right now and I am gonna have fish and chips for dinner to pat myself on the back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Widders, serious number of drive thru test centres being put in place.

Seems like not a bad idea : therefore a good idea ?

Welcome back Kitty :) ( is the academic year over for you now on account of de corona ? )

Homeside V Lazy

Widders (and everyone), be very careful about opening emails with attachments or links in emails pertaining to COVID / Coronavirus. There's a bunch of bad bast@rds out there exploiting peoples worries and fears and infecting their machines with ransomware and other nasties! So be super cautious.
    Currently deskside. Demo for the global team is done, it all worked (miraculously). I have a wonderous sense of relief right now and I am gonna have fish and chips for dinner to pat myself on the back :D

It's ok, I know the source, connected to the HSE. The email was about preparing people (for eg. People with dementia or learning disabilities) for the test.

I havent eaten fish and chips since last July. Best of all fast food. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

It's ok, I know the source, connected to the HSE. The email was about preparing people (for eg. People with dementia or learning disabilities) for the test.

I havent eaten fish and chips since last July. Best of all fast food. Enjoy :)

Tremendous! Then there's no worries. I don't want the test, it looks very uncomfortable. All that poking around at the throat, I'll puke! :eek::pac:

I eat fishy chippy too often I must admit! :D It never stops being a treat! Also, left over chip butty sambos with loads butter! Mmmmmmmmm #davesheartisgonnaexplode

Someone close to me has chronic digestive issues, quite a difficult thing for anyone to manage.

Googling flour in bulk since baking is a daily occupation now. Thinking of using an organic Irish flour mill as they don't bleach their white flour. Also might as well order cocoa powder in bulk as I have caught Brownie fever
    Next thing I need to master is bread making.

I found a container of bread yeast, unopened. Feeling rich! :D

Have you tried playing around with ( what I guess is the coeliac ) tool kit of things like rice flour ( fantastic for non bread baking - generally cooks a little quicker than ordinary flour so reduce cooking times a tad ) gram flour, and gluten free flour mixes ? ..... tho GF flours for breads aint so handy IME.

0lddog wrote: »
    Have you tried playing around with ( what I guess is the coeliac ) tool kit of things like rice flour ( fantastic for non bread baking - generally cooks a little quicker than ordinary flour so reduce cooking times a tad ) gram flour, and gluten free flour mixes ? ..... tho GF flours for breads aint so handy IME.

It's not me, its a relative with gastric issues but I know that they haven't tried any different flours or exclusion diets. Just incorporating some foods which are supposed to be beneficial. They haven't been diagnosed yet, but they could still give these a try, thanks very much :)

• Advertisement

Deskside. Actually got loads of work done for a change :)

Lots of news topics on "immunity/survived-covid" passports and travel/work papers Germany, Denmark, US all looking into it, so I'd say it will happen.

It's inherently unfair and discriminatory until there is a vaccine identified - especially if the virus favours one gender, race, blood-type, or those whose defences may prove to have been strengthened by a BCG shot. Nothing fair about any of this though and you can see how it's a reasonable approach to attempting a balance between protecting vulnerable and the economy
    But it freaks me out a bit when you think of all of your bio information now being linked to your passport and ability to move freely/shop/work etc.

Grrr, I've just broken my self imposed coronavirus ban :o Back to kitten pictures stat. And cake :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Evening lovely Wherers!

Hope all are keeping well. Haven’t been here for a while and for the silliest reason … I was provoked into a bet by another Boardsie that I would not post for a week. This little betting Bumbóg was determined to avoid losing (the forfeit was a risky one) so the drinks are on me tonight! I must admit that it was not easy, especially when “The Gambler” seemed to be playing on the radio every day! I’m buzzing off now to catch up on all the happenings on my favourite thread & to celebrate. Have a great evening Wherers wherever ye are!

honeybear wrote: »
    Evening lovely Wherers!

Hope all are keeping well. Haven’t been here for a while and for the silliest reason …
    Too funny... Welcome back auntie Honeybear :) Glad you're well.

Hi HB :)
    Always nice to see your cheerful posts :)

Re. Testing etc, I'm always in 2 minds about things like this. I just don't know what to think of it :/

Just came in from tying and training a crooked tree. Lots of bees bouncing from flower to flower on the Lady in a Bath plant. Smaller than bumbles, might be honey bees :)
    The road near my house has been the quietest it's been in a long time. There's a really lonely feeling around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Jaysus lads! I went out for a walk earlier today and it actually put me in bad form to see the amount of people hanging out together from different houses. Even kids. WTF! Saw two kids from different houses out with a Daddy that doesn't live in either of them. That's three different houses up close and personal.

I have a threadmill. I'll stick to that and Disney+.:D

Cooking dinner for me and Mrs G.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Steak night at casa grem whenever the missus gets up.. Tea brewing currently

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Jaysus lads! I went out for a walk earlier today and it actually put me in bad form to see the amount of people hanging out together from different houses. Even kids. WTF! Saw two kids from different houses out with a Daddy that doesn't live in either of them. That's three different houses up close and personal.

I have a threadmill. I'll stick to that and Disney+.:D

Cooking dinner for me and Mrs G.

I've now given up on my runs G, I was getting too annoyed at all of the people milling about still. I even tried waiting until after dusk but that started to feel like I was in a weird world inhabited entirely by teenagers either on bikes in gangs or skulking around eating the faces off each other on street corners away from their parents prying eyes. :D They really do exist on a different plant (or should) :p

Burgers for dinner here, yippee...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside having dinner and watching Kim's Convenience

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Armchair side, more muffins in the oven, this time lemon ones. Can’t wait :D

Hand over them muffins kitty

bd96f89f997c140392a922f1dd5349b5.png

:pac:

What is going on with testing? Has there been an official announcement yet?

Oh ffs...friend showed me a post in a group...this woman ranting that c19 comes from bats so they should "just kill all the bats".

Not sure if I've caused confusion r.e testing...I got an email from the HSE sent out to carers, about preparing people to be tested, "in case" they are asked to take the test. It said "more people may be asked to take the test". Its a bit ambiguous but looked to me like people without symptoms would be part of that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I see a honeybear lurking again 😛

*waves*

Thank you Sephers, the first LOL moment for me today :D

And also isn't there a huge backlog regarding testing? When are we all going to be tested and when are we going to enter this new world where travel will be determined by immunity?

Sake like.

That's what I thought.
    Took a few days for me to get a test recently.

That's what I thought.
    Took a few days for me to get a test recently.

Your post implied we would be tested. There's so much rumour going around regarding this crisis. The HSE have said there is a backlog.

Your post implied we would be tested. There's so much rumour going around regarding this crisis. The HSE have said there is a backlog.

Yes, the email I got implied it might happen. But I'm confused too. Maybe it was just the way the email was worded. "Over the next weeks it is likely that more people will be asked to be tested". Uploaded to Imgur: Test https://imgur.com/gallery/QqeiFkH

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Back to kitten pictures stat. And cake :p

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

0lddog wrote: »
    Widders, serious number of drive thru test centres being put in place.

Seems like not a bad idea : therefore a good idea ?

Welcome back Kitty :) ( is the academic year over for you now on account of de corona ? )

Homeside V Lazy

Thanks Olddog :) yes and no, we won’t be going back to classes on campus but we’ve been getting our classes online and all exams have been replaced with assignments or online tests. It’s weird, if I’d known my last week of classes was going to be my last ever I’d have enjoyed it more

Deskside having dinner and watching Kim's Convenience

:D:D

Back armchair-side again trying to decide if I should have a muffin or have dinner first

Yes, the email I got implied it might happen. But I'm confused too. Maybe it was just the way the email was worded. "Over the next weeks it is likely that more people will be asked to be tested".

I think we should wait until we hear from official sources before sharing anything like that. The same as saying passports may hold biological information.

• Advertisement

I'm happy with the source as they're part of the HSE.
    Just mentioned a confusing email I received, I too will wait and see. It only mentions the possibility.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement