Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Beautiful blue skies here, which makes a massive change from yesterday. Currently finishing off my coffee before donning the runners to take myself off for a jaunt.

@Guy hope your Mammies results bring some good news x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Hi whereers, hope you are all doing OK, I haven't checked in in a while, but all is good.
    Hoping your mother is OK guy, worrying times surely.
    Nothing much to report, we are cooped up at home and happy to be so and OK.
    Still doing a bit of online work, but feck all, nobody rushing for stuff now.
    Keep safe and mind yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Don't make bring out the cat fangs again...........

:pac:

Deskside with the sweet stuff

You do know that Ted voted for you as well :P

Now gardenside watching and listening to the birds :)

Autosport wrote: »

Now gardenside watching and listening to the birds :)

Similar Auto, It's a beautiful day, but jacket needed as it's cold.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

He's allowed you're not :pac:

• Advertisement

Hmmmm interesting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

@ Guy: Garfield is always a brilliant way to start the week Guy, thank you for that.

Glad you seem to be feeling better yourself. Still a lot of worry about your Mum. Her temperature is down so that's a sliver of hope, at least.

All is well here. Back in my Gotham gear and feeling energetic and hopeful as a result which does seem to be a contradiction but I think it says something about our essential nature, or mine at least.

Waiting on my shopping drop off and my glimpse of OH. Today I'm going to do something I know I'll regret. For an IBS sufferer it's the gastronomic equivalent of commiting adultery with your long term, most secret of secret but sweetest of crushes. Yes. I'm going to have WHITE BREAD TOAST AND REAL BUTTER. I know this will cause a great deal of pain. And the 'toxic fallout' will last a long, long time after. But oooh, the indulgence, the blissful pleasure of those few precious minutes of unbridled indulgence with my longed for forbidden temptation. .... It will be worth it, won't it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hmmmm interesting :P

*backs away slowly*

:pac:
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    It will be worth it, won't it?

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

It will be worth it, won't it?

Probably! I've multiple gastro issues and a very severely restricted diet. Every so often I decide to eat something "bold" that I know will throw me off - like the food equivalent of a really bad hangover. Last one was a couple of slices of home-grown cucumber last summer that left me in pain and on liquids only for three days, but it was was worth it. I'd never go mad and have something that'd hospitalise me (I've a lot of food in that category), but it's so hard to keep to a diet. If you go for it, luxuriate in eating that toast!

I am deskside, remembering how much I hate working from home. Sun is shining, though, so I think I'm going to outside with a book shortly to give myself a bit of a tech-break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Trying to reply to a PM... but her box is full :)

I'll wait :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,377 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Homeside identifying with the second Garfield. I'm lazily making my way through a few things for work, I could be finished if it wasn't for my complete lack of interest. I just feel like reality has been suspended and it's all futile.

Glad to hear your mother is stable, Guy, I hope she improves.

Today's excitement will be waiting for Sardonicat's update in the etiquette thread after her toast!

@ Guy: Garfield is always a brilliant way to start the week Guy, thank you for that.

Glad you seem to be feeling better yourself. Still a lot of worry about your Mum. Her temperature is down so that's a sliver of hope, at least.

All is well here. Back in my Gotham gear and feeling energetic and hopeful as a result which does seem to be a contradiction but I think it says something about our essential nature, or mine at least.

Waiting on my shopping drop off and my glimpse of OH. Today I'm going to do something I know I'll regret. For an IBS sufferer it's the gastronomic equivalent of commiting adultery with your long term, most secret of secret but sweetest of crushes. Yes. I'm going to have WHITE BREAD TOAST AND REAL BUTTER. I know this will cause a great deal of pain. And the 'toxic fallout' will last a long, long time after. But oooh, the indulgence, the blissful pleasure of those few precious minutes of unbridled indulgence with my longed for forbidden temptation. .... It will be worth it, won't it?

Here's your sister! IBS sufferer myself although FODMAP has quite literally changed my life. The best thing I've noticed about it though is that if I do eat something that makes my insides hate me, the ill effects don't last as long as previously. Not that I do it all that often, but it also isn't as horrendous if I do stray from my safety net. If that makes sense? ENJOY! (And hope you have sufficient TP/baby wipes for any repercussions haha!)

Got in the walk before the rain poured. Couch side, coffee holding with the cat on my lap. AHHHH happiness is....!

My box was bursting but it has been given a good clean out :p

Tableside about to do Skype work. I'm going for a walk to the shop after and I can hardly contain my excitement.

Today's excitement will be waiting for Sardonicat's update in the etiquette thread after her toast!

Ewwww sickening!

*heads for the etiquette thread *

supermouse wrote: »
    Here's your sister! IBS sufferer myself although FODMAP has quite literally changed my life. The best thing I've noticed about it though is that if I do eat something that makes my insides hate me, the ill effects don't last as long as previously. Not that I do it all that often, but it also isn't as horrendous if I do stray from my safety net. If that makes sense? ENJOY! (And hope you have sufficient TP/baby wipes for any repercussions haha!)

Got in the walk before the rain poured. Couch side, coffee holding with the cat on my lap. AHHHH happiness is....!

I also suffer with the dreaded IBS but because I can be an emotional eater as well it can be tricky. I don't have the discipline or self control to do FODMAP.

*heads for the etiquette thread *

I've only just finished my first batch of toast, so give it at least 24hrs before you head over there. I've got to get through the bloating and cramping phase first...

Homemade soup for lunch with ham on open brown bread.
    I'm so well looked after with herself at home, but she still won't let me have cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Tis a nuisance when you have no more space in your box.

I looked outside at 7am and it was pouring rain. Teeming. Now, the sun is out. I spoke to two people. That is the height of today's excitement thus far.

Just back from the shop for the second time today as I forgot bagels.
    I've only just finished my first batch of toast, so give it at least 24hrs before you head over there. I've got to get through the bloating and cramping phase first...

I won't be giving anything any 24hrs because that thread is gross!.............

pm me before hand so I don't miss a thing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

A fellow IBS sufferer here (form an orderly queue ladies). The FODMAP diet is great but I'm also an emotional eater which is why I passed a few hours baking brownies and scones this morning. It's way too much for one Person so slide your plates over and please don't steal my identity using metadata or whatever it is.

https://ibb.co/4tnSL5T

• Advertisement

Guy Person wrote: »
    A fellow IBS sufferer here (form an orderly queue ladies). The FODMAP diet is great but I'm also an emotional eater which is why I passed a few hours baking brownies and scones this morning. It's way too much for one Person so slide your plates over and please don't steal my identity using metadata or whatever it is.

Phwooar! I'm lost. Giving myself over to sin and will take whatever consequences are coming my way. Also, impeccably clean counter and tiles, Guy.

I also suffer with the dreaded IBS but because I can be an emotional eater as well it can be tricky. I don't have the discipline or self control to do FODMAP.

Hear that. I ended up in hospital for around 4 months last year so I had no other choice but to try FODMAP. Best thing I did for it. Good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Someone close to me has chronic digestive issues, quite a difficult thing for anyone to manage.

Googling flour in bulk since baking is a daily occupation now. Thinking of using an organic Irish flour mill as they don't bleach their white flour. Also might as well order cocoa powder in bulk as I have caught Brownie fever
    Next thing I need to master is bread making.

I found a container of bread yeast, unopened. Feeling rich! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Fence side...putting a few dozens of screws into it.😄

The borrowed cordless drill is needed somewhere else tomorrow. So the photo safari has to wait. At least it’s sunny and warm outside. And there is a nice salad of mini romana, radish and onions waiting in the fridge.😋😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just awake with a headache.. Damned hayfever..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Guy Person wrote: »

Wow I'm hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

People sharing pictures of food are heartless pigs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Fence side...putting a few dozens of screws into it.😄

The borrowed cordless drill is needed somewhere else tomorrow. So the photo safari has to wait. At least it’s sunny and warm outside. And there is a nice salad of mini romana, radish and onions waiting in the fridge.😋😂

I actually thought it was going to be a pic of the fence BF :o
    Enjoy the salad !

Home , listening to the birds, cows all quiet at the moment :)

Dinner on and the sun is still shining but a little breeze to keep me cool ;):D

• Advertisement

Working tonight......
    So, I am just up after a nap! Now Grem, sometimes I do sleep!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement