Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Socially distanced beers with friends shortly. Wouldn't hug anyway what with being marinated in suncream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,073 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

At my local airport, I could kinda see my house whilst landing, not sure if the mutt saw me :)

Unfortunately not staying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,864 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Funny how random songs pop into your head , this one from years ago .

It's Immaterial - Driving Away From Home.

Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

afternoon all, how's everyone?

Another lovely sunny day here-bit too hot for me though :(

was uploading my files, photos etc to google drive last night, so I'm gonna continue with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Funny how random songs pop into your head , this one from years ago .

It's Immaterial - Driving Away From Home.

Enjoy :)
    How weird. That song popped into my head when I was hoovering yesterday.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

I am luxuriating in doing nothing in particular. Walked the dog before it got too hot for her this morning, pottered round the garden, came in and read when it got too hot for me, now contemplating going back out with the (e)book and a giant hat.

Only goal for the weekend: get the freckles on my elbows to join up.
    Hope everyone is having a lovely bank holiday weekend so far!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    How weird. That song popped into my head when I was hoovering yesterday.:eek:

Lol , odd alright Sardonicat !

It'll be interesting to see if it ever happens again with a different song :D

BTW ,
    Any sign of Leggy lately ?

I'm roasted! Getting great work done though. Delighted with myself!!

Taking a break now and scoffing a bagel.

Long Weekennnnnnnddddddd!!!!!!!

In the queue for Tesco Extra. Excited to have a browse. Then back to the garden to have fizzy booze with a very nice man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Home from the shops it’s an absolute mortal sin that there’s not a beer garden in the country open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Gardenside with a good book and an ice pop :) It feels like I’m on holidays in Spain :D A random song I was thinking about yesterday came on the playlist today Asking Alexandria: Moving on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Couchside. I have given my apartment, my car and myself an epic clean today, we are all spotless. Did you ever just wake up in an amazing mood for no real reason? That's me today, sure I'm like a dog with two tails. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a pint of red ale because why not? I went out for a walk today instead of hiding away, glad I did tbh, the last few weekends I haven't gone anywhere from after doing the shopping on Friday to Monday, so glad I got out of the rut I guess is what you might call it. As the for the coffee this mornig,hmmm it definitely comes sephers approved, ye will all be happy to know, I know ye were all waiting with baited breath on whether or not it would get the sephers stamp of approval 😎 the smokey and spicey flavours tickle your taste buds and the smell will tickle your nostrils making you want more but beware its slightly strong than other medium roast so you might go loopy headed if you have too much 🤪🤪
    BTW ,

Was just thinking the same mam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,088 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I have a random song too in my head today for some reason. Hello Darkness My Old Friend from The Graduate.
    It's not like I'm in a morbid mood or anything but the song has been in my head since I got up and the film too.

(Shoulder shrug)

To thine own self be true

Long Weekennnnnnnddddddd!!!!!!!

In the queue for Tesco Extra. Excited to have a browse. Then back to the garden to have fizzy booze with a very nice man :D

Is it the old man or a new man?
    (being nosey :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Jaysus lads! That sun is so good even my toenails have a tan!

My daughter painted a bird house. I hung it on the shed today after finishing some running repairs and the last of the painting.

IMG_20200530_164454.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Rooting through the bag of tricks that’s just came in the door. Aperol Spritz, Prosecco and a fake version of whispering angel. Will feck them into the freezer now for 30 mins and head out to the garden for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

24° here today...took the child out for a good 3 hour walk...she bitched the whole way :D
    Happy now tho got her wings and pizza
    Currently drinking wine and watching a couple fight on Facebook....it's serious...they've unfriended each other....and she's calling him a junky weasle and a junkies bastid.....

Ah...who needs TV !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Lol , odd alright Sardonicat !

It'll be interesting to see if it ever happens again with a different song :D

BTW ,

0/ Anseo!

Just catching up on the last few pages here. I have a headache from the heat, but I had a nice lazy day. I think it's to be cooler next week so enjoy it while it lasts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Grandeeod wrote: »

My daughter painted a bird house. I hung it on the shed today after finishing some running repairs and the last of the painting.

IMG_20200530_164454.jpg

That is gorgeous!

Home side, where else. :D

• Advertisement

I have a random song too in my head today for some reason. Hello Darkness My Old Friend from The Graduate.
    It's not like I'm in a morbid mood or anything but the song has been in my head since I got up and the film too.

(Shoulder shrug)

Have you ever heard the version sung by Disturbed ?
    Not everyone's taste I know , but it's an awesome version imo .

I actually might open a can of Bulmers later for myself and have it outside , I keep saying I will but never do :D

Grandeeod, love the bird house !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Grandeeod wrote: »

IMG_20200530_164454.jpg

Not to put too fine a point on it
    Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet
    Put a little birdhouse in your soul

My earworm for the night after that pic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside

I discovered something a bit worrying this afternoon, I was watching a film when my phone rang. Didn't recognize the number but answered it anyway. Lady answered and asked for my Mom. Turns out it was a friend of my Granny who had lost touch with her, My Mom writes cards to the lady every Christmas and the lady wanted to know if my Granny got to her 100th birthday

That wasn't the weird part, turns out the lady knew someone who works in the british telecom, she asked them to search for any contact details to get in touch with my Mom/my Granny...and my mobile number came up. I have no recollection in putting it up there, and never would :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Dinner roasting away. We're so lucky with the spell of weather we're getting lads. Was out the back there and it's just lovely. Like being away on holidays! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

If this weather keeps up I will soon be speaking with an Australian accent.

Is it the old man or a new man?
    (being nosey :D)

New.

Woof ;)

New.

Woof ;)

Great, congratulations!
    Find out if he has a brother :)

Sorry, MO4, don't know my music so don't know who Damaged are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

New.

Woof ;)

May God have mercy on his soul. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

New.

Woof ;)

Super, congrats :) Good luck to yee both, the bastard better treat you well!!!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Woof

What is this cryptic clue Perse doth dropeth on the thread?...Is she rolling around all wacked off of Scooby snacks or is her new man actually an 0ld...?... The people of Lilliput waited excitedly for further news..... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement