Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Next time a certain smart arse tells me he could skii down my horizon I'll say "it's called a dutch angle you uncultured swine!!" :D

They don't appreciate the art of it. Keep snapping. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭thomil

Thought about a class but I can't afford all the necessary equipment to take proper photos. Also I have a crooked eye. If there's a horizon in my photo it will always be sloping off to one side! :D:D

I'm just going to have to barge in here. The most important part about photography is having an eye for the right image, the right motif. The equipment is generally secondary, as much as the DSLR fanboys and "elites" will try to tell you otherwise. It's always nice to have a nice camera, I'm pretty fond of my Canon mirrorless myself, but it's not mandatory. It's the eye behind the camera that's the crucial component. Oh, and don't worry about angles, there's software for that ;)

In fact, these days, most smartphones have pretty damn good cameras built in, and while they have limitations, you can certainly get some really good shots with them. There are entire courses dedicated to smartphone photography on platforms like Skillshare, so have a look around. Depending on what you're trying to do, you might only need a tripod and a smartphone holder for said tripod.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    I'm just going to have to barge in here. The most important part about photography is having an eye for the right image, the right motif. The equipment is generally secondary, as much as the DSLR fanboys and "elites" will try to tell you otherwise. It's always nice to have a nice camera, I'm pretty fond of my Canon mirrorless myself, but it's not mandatory. It's the eye behind the camera that's the crucial component. Oh, and don't worry about angles, there's software for that ;)

In fact, these days, most smartphones have pretty damn good cameras built in, and while they have limitations, you can certainly get some really good shots with them. There are entire courses dedicated to smartphone photography on platforms like Skillshare, so have a look around. Depending on what you're trying to do, you might only need a tripod and a smartphone holder for said tripod.

Thanks Thomil. I'll look into the skillshare. I just have a very crappy Moto phone that I'm taking my pics on because I'm forever breaking or losing expensive ones so I gave up on them. Might get a good phone with a good camera one of these days and just have enough cop on to insure it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭thomil

Thanks Thomil. I'll look into the skillshare. I just have a very crappy Moto phone that I'm taking my pics on because I'm forever breaking or losing expensive ones so I gave up on them. Might get a good phone with a good camera one of these days and just have enough cop on to insure it this time.

Don't mind the phone ;) I learned the "trade" on a ten year old Fuji bridge camera that my dad gave me when I moved here to Ireland. You'd be surprised what you can get out of seemingly crappy equipment. Besides, that pooch pic of yours already demonstrated that you have the right eye and timing, so keep it up :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ms G is painting a bird house. Gonna hang it tomorrow. Cool outside now. All really good here in castle G.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In the sunroom now, about to shove on some music and have a few drinks. I found myself in bed 20 mins ago and thinking an early night might be worth a shot but sweet jaysus I'm still only 39 and anyway I could hear some kids outside playing so the only solution was to get up and have a few jars, fook it. If I'm hungover tomorrow I'll just blame those random pesky kids I heard....
    Oh and I've decided I want a tattoo. Never had one, not sure why now seems the time but anyway, anyone care to explain how sore they are? I'm not afraid of pain but I wouldn't be Mr He-Man either, sorta middle of the road pain threshold I guess.
    Only looking to get 4 letters on my inner lower arm, and no its not feckin "Red2" before anyone gets funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

NewRed2 wrote: »
    In the sunroom now, about to shove on some music and have a few drinks. I found myself in bed 20 mins ago and thinking an early night might be worth a shot but sweet jaysus I'm still only 39 and anyway I could hear some kids outside playing so the only solution was to get up and have a few jars, fook it. If I'm hungover tomorrow I'll just blame those random pesky kids I heard....
    Oh and I've decided I want a tattoo. Never had one, not sure why now seems the time but anyway, anyone care to explain how sore they are? I'm not afraid of pain but I wouldn't be Mr He-Man either, sorta middle of the road pain threshold I guess.
    Only looking to get 4 letters on my inner lower arm, and no its not feckin "Red2" before anyone gets funny :)

Is it H.A.T.E or P.A.I.N?

It stings a fair bit. I had a necklace tattoo. That amount of time will be nothing to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,864 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

They're not painful , more like an annoying itch while being tattooed imo and I have a few , one quite large , so I'd think you'd do fine :)

Home , doors and windows still open , such a lovely night .

Cheers to you both! It's on so!!!! :)

(ha no its not hate or pain......or Aldi)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

my desktop is lovely and tidy now :D

Thinking about bed..

• Advertisement

One night in the Canary Islands, I visited a strip joint. I got pissed in said joint as I started on shots after lots of pints from earlier that evening. It was the last night of the holiday and as I left the strip joint, I noticed a tattoo parlour next door. For the craic we decided to do it. The lovely Spanish lads said they were closing. It was all hours of the morning. I personally flashed the cash like a stupid paddy on tour and the very astute Spaniards decided to take it.

Moral of the story - I woke up the following afternoon in pain. I sat on a flight in pain that night. To this day the Tweety Pie Tattoo on my right arse cheek will always be a reminder of that last night out on holiday. Tweety Pie looks a little older now and a bit faded. Was it painful? I have no fooking idea!

Cheers to you both! It's on so!!!! :)

(ha no its not hate or pain......or Aldi)

Whenever you do get it done , keep plenty of cream on it as it will get itchy when healing !

Glitched out again , nothing new there .

I can't believe mam has loads of tattoos and grandeeod has Tweety on his arse. I've been picturing everyone wrong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It’s ok Red everyone wants to have Auto tattooed on them ;)

I love tattoos and I love mine :) I don’t think CH would like me to get anymore but I think he’ll end up getting one or 2 :D:D

Otherwise couchside chatting with my favourite man and watching the late late :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have no tattoos, would have no interest in them.
    Just chilling out at home flaked on the couch wondering what to throw on Netflix

I have no tattoos, would have no interest in them.
    Just chilling out at home flaked on the couch wondering what to throw on Netflix

I'd recommend the girl with the dragon tattoo

Unglitch B!tch :D

It worked !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

I've no tatoos either. I'd never say never though.

Currently listening to a killer playlist, made by mine own hand... :)

I can't believe mam has loads of tattoos and grandeeod has Tweety on his arse. I've been picturing everyone wrong!!!

It's hilarious how wrong the image we have of others in our head , can be so off the mark at times !

Grandeeod , Tweety Pie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Am I strange in that I dont have much of an idea of who people online are? I havent filled in the gaps in my knowledge with any guesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,777 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It's very hot so I slipped into shorts and flip-flops while shopping for shorts. I don't know how many pairs I have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Hope all good.

Booked a week off this week, ended up getting called in and doing crazy hours.

Logged off at 12.30 today..painted flower bed boxes and window cills.

Also, took the rotary line out of the shed!! ( I'm afraid of the shed...) so I think I'm great!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,088 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

If I ever have a fling with a stranger and he has a tattoo of tweety pie on his buns, I'll know who you are and you'll be busted :D

I don't have tattoos either.
    I'm not that kind of chick :D

To thine own self be true

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's hilarious how wrong the image we have of others in our head , can be so off the mark at times !

Grandeeod , Tweety Pie :D
    If I ever have a fling with a stranger and he has a tattoo of tweety pie on his buns, I'll know who you are and you'll be busted :D

I don't have tattoos either.
    I'm not that kind of chick :D

I actually tried to photo it.:D But seriously I really do have Tweety Pie on an arse cheek. I was seriously drunk though! Great days.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Whenever you do get it done , keep plenty of cream on it as it will get itchy when healing !

Glitched out again , nothing new there .

Bepanthen is your friend here :)

They are not sore... You'll come away planning your second :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Autosport wrote: »
    I love tattoos and I love mine :) I don’t think CH would like me to get anymore but I think he’ll end up getting one or 2 :D:D

And there will be white blackbirds :P

Seven Worlds will Collide

And there will be white blackbirds

Hello old friend. :)

Bepanthen is your friend here :)

They are not sore... You'll come away planning your second :D

And a third , or fourth or whatever number :D

Grandeood , a pic would be brilliant !

Good to see you back Crowded House :)

Bishop Of Hope hasn't posted in a long time either .
    Sorry for the long post but The Glitch is around the corner again :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,088 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Are we supposed to post pics of our butts now? :)

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement