Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I lit the fire at half 6.

I'd normally have the cooker lit too but I painted that end of the kitchen this afternoon so it didn't get lit .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Loving life. Was on training half the day got up and dressed and had breakfast, did my training and had lunch — not one drink passed my lips all day was feeling very adulty until I fell asleep and had a two hour nap. How am I ever going to go back to work?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Loving life. Was on training half the day got up and dressed and had breakfast, did my training and had lunch — not one drink passed my lips all day was feeling very adulty until I fell asleep and had a two hour nap. How am I ever going to go back to work?!?

You can do this!!!
    We are all rooting for you :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Evening wherers! Got very cold here at about 5, rain tomorrow so I'll do a bit of housework. I can't wait ... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Got a call today.. a cousin of mine in England died..when my father moved to England in the 50's he stayed with her parents...and later was her godfather...it was a pretty bad call when I had to tell him, I'll admit that
    Just had another call from another family member to say it was a deliberate overdose.. note and all left behind..
    Not going to tell my father.. nothing to be gained from it I think....
    Anyway..shít day just needed to vent a little, I'll be back tomorrow, bright eyed & bushy tailed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sorry to hear that, Panda. It's a very lonely time for a bereavement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sorry for your loss PK , and those phone calls are never easy to deliver .

Got a call today.. a cousin of mine in England died..when my father moved to England in the 50's he stayed with her parents...and later was her godfather...it was a pretty bad call when I had to tell him, I'll admit that
    Just had another call from another family member to say it was a deliberate overdose.. note and all left behind..
    Not going to tell my father.. nothing to be gained from it I think....
    Anyway..shít day just needed to vent a little, I'll be back tomorrow, bright eyed & bushy tailed

Agree with not telling your dad the details, there's no need to upset him needlessly.

Sorry to hear that Panda, what desperately sad news to have to be the bearer of.

It's so hard not being able to physically offer comfort to people at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sorry to hear your news PK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

511243.jpeg

The freedom of an outdoor green tea, even if it did cost me €7

(Learned something new, thanks guys and gals )

smurfjed wrote: »
    511243.jpeg

The freedom of an outdoor green tea, even if it did cost me €7

(Learned something new, thanks guys and gals )
    Seven quid!!
    I'd be telling them to keep it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Seven quid!!
    I'd be telling them to keep it :D

I wouldn't at this stage, to be at a pool !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    .....The freedom of an outdoor green tea, even if it did cost me €7...

Anything to avoid the room kettle :D

Anyway, comes with a free pool - so bargain

Don't mention the kettles 😂

Oh how I wish I could post photos, great instructions lads but I can't even try it,of course I never take photos either but the ducks I see every day on my walk have had babies,7 gorgeous little duckies following their mammy in the stream today, so cute.

Gorgeous day here today until about 4pm then absolutely freezing. Work wrecked my head this afternoon, some of my systems stopped working, it's a nightmare when you're at home and emailing someone instead of just talking to someone in the office, I can definitely see the perks of wfh but when the s*it hits the fan you're really stuck.

Only just cooked now (I use the word cooked very loosely lol),Chicago Town stuffed crust pizza and wedges,loads of coleslaw with mine,we are all over the place with meal times here,some of them are definitely now nocturnal, I didn't finish work until 7pm,then some go for a run very late,I can't imagine us ever getting back into a routine.

Roll on the long weekend, I'm going to do nothing, my days seem to be busier than ever, it's going to be a totally chill ,drink and tv weekend, not going to feel one bit guilty about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Chicago Town stuffed crust pizza and wedges

Sephers approves!

F*ing glitch

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

A relatively chilled day working from home today. Just needed to work on a paper and admin stuff so no need to get any lectures recorded for online delivery. :)

Chilled in the sofa - horizontal naturally - TV on but rather annoyed that three posts of mine on a FB Gay men’s group for the over 40s that I joined in March were removed by an admin as they were deemed “spamming” - 3 youtube songs I posted in the space of 8 hours. Grrr!! :mad::(:rolleyes:confused:

Thanks all, I appreciate the thoughts
    ...had to tell my brother....

"Which one was she"

Fair enough I thought..she was 1 of 3 sisters ...Mary

"I must go and check"

No...no checking..she is dead!..fcking hell :rolleyes:

Thanks all, I appreciate the thoughts
    ...had to tell my brother....

"Which one was she"

Fair enough I thought..she was 1 of 3 sisters ...Mary

"I must go and check"

No...no checking..she is dead!..fcking hell :rolleyes:

Tough day for you Panda,sorry for your loss. x

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    A relatively chilled day working from home today. Just needed to work on a paper and admin stuff so no need to get any lectures recorded for online delivery. :)

Chilled in the sofa - horizontal naturally - TV on but rather annoyed that three posts of mine on a FB Gay men’s group for the over 40s that I joined in March were removed by an admin as they were deemed “spamming” - 3 youtube songs I posted in the space of 8 hours. Grrr!! :mad::(:rolleyes:confused:

It would depend on the genre of song :D

It would depend on the genre of song :D

‘90s dance remixes. :):D:D

Ah, Panda Killa - saw your post on the last page. Very sorry for your loss. :(

It is indeed awful to have to be the bearer of bad news to someone who you know will not react well. I’ve been there myself.

Hugs!! :o:D

JupiterKid wrote: »
    ‘90s dance remixes. :):D:D

Nuf said :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Sweet dreams all 😴💀 x

Do you copy and paste that every night, Seph?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Seph has the coolest smilies... G'night Seph, sweet slumbers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Panda I'm sorry. Woeful situation to be in..

So sorry for your troubles Panda.

So, got up in t he brilliant Sun, came to where I will be working for the week, it's bloody freezing & looks like rain :(
    It's gonna be a long week.

• Advertisement

It's actually bucketing down here..I looked out the window and had to do a double take.... might be good of the forecasted storms land over the next 3-5 days....no beaches..parks...walks etc...give us a chance to start reopening the country if the hospital numbers came down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement