Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still deskside, was gonna go for a walk down the park but I don't think I can be bothered, too many people down there the last while, people taking up footpaths chatting and not moving out of the way, clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Fuming watching Gemma O Dohertys stream yesterday on the quays. These people getting up working 12hr days to keep the rest of us safe, and they’re subjected to that abuse? Should have been dragged out of the car and arrested. Shameful behavior and am disgusted she’s taking it upon herself to speak for the Irish people, she doesn’t speak for me that’s for sure.

Listening to sloop John B in bed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

*stands to attention*

Yes M'am!

*salutes*

:pac:

I see Dave......well I suppose I'll forgive you seeing as you buy the Guatemalan beans now and again :cool:

Well now... that's the thing, I was gifted said Guatemalan coffee, by my friend/work colleague :D soooooo I can't take credit for buying it bro! #daveisapeasant

Fuming watching Gemma O Dohertys stream yesterday on the quays. These people getting up working 12hr days to keep the rest of us safe, and they’re subjected to that abuse? Should have been dragged out of the car and arrested. Shameful behavior and am disgusted she’s taking it upon herself to speak for the Irish people, she doesn’t speak for me that’s for sure.

She's a f&&king c&&t! My blood boils just reading her poxy name!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Screaming at the guards is it? christ on a bike....

I'm deskside, feeling restless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sun is shining and the washing line is full again :) Great drying weather :) I'm turning into Mrs Hinch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside and eating some crisps :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Sun is shining and the washing line is full again :) Great drying weather :) I'm turning into Mrs Hinch :D

Brilliant 😃

Just up from a nap, sephers loves nap time 😸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Demolishing a large bar of Fruit & Nut.
    Tough job ( Someone has to do it )

Lucky Auto, no drying here today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Hello again,lovely internet people.
    Today is a great day full of new hope here in Widders Towers.

I'm still managing to be wound up like a spring but that will go with time.

Reading a book about ancient spirituality, in between lajndry and housework.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Brilliant 😃

Considerable evidence that this afternoon nap is fierce good for you.

Its not the 'mediterranean diet' but the siesta that does the magic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Brilliant ðŸ˜႒

I actually think you are a cat!

I actually think you are a cat!

Pwincess is right.......here is a picture of me

tenor.gif?itemid=16182916

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Morning all. Time for tea and to boil some eggs for a big ould salad.

Got real sick real quick. Rang up local pharmacy (at the top of my estate) told her what was up, and meds I was on. She said that’s grand come down and pick up what she recommended. I left the bed feeling **** but was in a heap before getting to chemist. She looked me up and down and told me considering the Cimzia, she wasn’t happy selling me the stuff she told me to take on the phone and to call the gp or consultant (5 mins to 5) now and see if one of them could call me back. Obviously nobody in the consultant rooms at that time and gp won’t be calling me back til morning. If I get any worse I’ll go to out of hours dr, should be fine unless I get a fever. I only have to worry about infections and apparently you won’t have a bad infection without a fever. How does one know if they have a fever in the absence of a thermometer

@ Shoes, hope you're feeling spritely soon!

Still deskside - My Nespresso order arrived, not even 24 hours since I ordered! Impressive! Safe to say I'm absolutely F'ing WIRED!!! Bye bye sleep! :D so I figured I'd keep working and lighten tomorrows load.

Tunes BLARING - Red Enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

In lidl with a head on me like a briar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@shoes

Other people tell us we feel "warm".
    It is important to realise that we can not feel our own temperature, as our hands get warmer with the fever as well, and we can only feel a difference in temperature in relation to our skin temperature. With some experience we may be able to feel that somebody else hase an almost normal body temperature, may have fever above 39°C, or has a high fever above 40°C.
    Our usual room temperature suddenly feels cold.
    Now this is very limited, but on a rising body temperature we subjectively feel cold, but as soon as the temperature falls we start to sweat. Therfore this will not tell us anything about our absolute temperature.
    The heart beat rate may rise.
    According to the Liebermeister's rule the cardiac frequency rises by 8 to 10 beats per minute for every Celsius grade rise in body temperature. Obviously this rule is only applicable in case we rest, we do know our normal heart beat rate, and there is no other underlying cause of an altered cardiac frequency. The precision of this rule is more than doubtful.

Take care.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Shoes, is himself around to keep an eye on you?

Shoes, is himself around to keep an eye on you?

Working from 7 now til 7 in morning but he will be awake to keep me company I guess, ah it’ll be ok I’m a total drama queen anyway so what I need to do is 1/2 the level of sickness I feel to get the accurate level of sickness I am really at. Not hungry though and that’s usually sign enough I need an ambulance :D
    Ah no I’ll keep an eye on myself and see how I go. Haul myself up to bed now in a minute. Thanks smurf that’s really helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Well thanks feck that day is over. Spent most of today working collaboratively, otherwise known as talking, and it is exhausting! But we are finally getting sh1t done so feels good.
    Funny day, woke up to lashing rain, then most of the day was sunny and now lashing again.

Waiting for shepherd-less pie to brown in the oven. Decided to be healthy and cook some broccoli too!
    Then chocolate mousse and Sewing Bee.
    Have a good evening all :)

Poochie05 wrote: »

*licks lips*

Feet up

Is it too early for jamesons

Feeling virtuous after salad with griddled halloumi for drunch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"Cannot turn on torch. Camera light being used by another app."
    Having been technology stalked by the ex, I'm uneasy. I wasnt using my phone for a while, had no apps open. Anyone know if its just something harmless?

Kitchenside with a jaw pain. Fire lit, settling in for tonight. Toasted sandwich & white wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

https://ibb.co/cknYhRH

Who wants some pineapple??

ETA.. Despite all the boardsies tutorials, I still can't embed!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Well thanks feck that day is over. Spent most of today working collaboratively, otherwise known as talking, and it is exhausting! But we are finally getting sh1t done so feels good.
    Funny day, woke up to lashing rain, then most of the day was sunny and now lashing again.

Waiting for shepherd-less pie to brown in the oven. Decided to be healthy and cook some broccoli too!
    Have a good evening all :)

Fekk social distancing, i want some of that Poochie.

I'll be there in 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Feet up

Is it too early for jamesons

It's never too early, lash into it there.

Funny aul day here, I'll be glad to see the back of it. Hope the weather picks up tomorrow. Couchside about to be showerside.

What did leg end say? This feckin glitch won't let me see!!!!!!!!! :(

• Advertisement

In bed listening to rain feeling much better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement