Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

Out of curiosity and on a slightly off topic note, that's around the corner from Dunsink Lane which has always fascinated me on account of the bizarre incidents there around 15 years ago (council blocked off one end of the lane without warning in the middle of the night which provoked a full-on riot the next morning when folks from the local halting site realised they'd have to go all the way around to the Navan Road any time they wanted to drive anywhere) - what's it like these days since they cleared most of the unauthorised halting sites? It used to be a very busy lane in terms of the number of people camping out there but since they cleared all but the two authorised sites, is it quieter or have the illegal settlements returned? On Google Earth you can see the ridiculousness of blocking the road half way down, when it's obvious from skid marks that determined locals have simply created a detour through the adjacent field in order to get around to the other end of the lane :D:D:D
    ****ing madness on that lane. Looks a right kip with about 100 cars and the mountains of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

MrFlashy92 wrote: »
    I’ve spoken to someone in the know about this before, it has happened time and time again that these young lads go over and next thing all they’re hearing about from back home is all these mad sessions and so on while they’re living with a family that isn’t theirs on a strict diet. This kind of thing essentially causes them to have an attitude problem (if they didn’t have one before) and soon enough they’re on a plane home and their mind is off football. A few months later they’re back playing in the LOI and it doesn’t take long before they become preoccupied with the idea that they have wasted a great opportunity. Their minds are gone and they still want the riches that they “should’ve had”. It’s probably not always the case but I know of another footballer who was extremely promising about 15 years ago that is now involved or at least was involved in the trade after an early retirement.

Edit: as someone else said, a lot of these lads are from areas where dealing is rampant and some of their mates will have gotten involved while they were away if they weren’t already. Look at the company Parrott keeps, he’s an exception. Similarly, Sancho’s mates back home are meant to be big time.

Look at the brothers of a fairly recently retired international especially the older one. His ex team just got relegated.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 58 ✭✭Lfc1988

You can post her name you aren’t saying she committed a crime, fill the lads in.

Apologies just seeing this. It was on https://instagram.com/_harrietcampbell?igshid=17xua13igwmz7 her story. Still a video up offer then in the pool the video with TP, LB etc has expired (24hr life)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Out of curiosity and on a slightly off topic note, that's around the corner from Dunsink Lane which has always fascinated me on account of the bizarre incidents there around 15 years ago (council blocked off one end of the lane without warning in the middle of the night which provoked a full-on riot the next morning when folks from the local halting site realised they'd have to go all the way around to the Navan Road any time they wanted to drive anywhere) - what's it like these days since they cleared most of the unauthorised halting sites? It used to be a very busy lane in terms of the number of people camping out there but since they cleared all but the two authorised sites, is it quieter or have the illegal settlements returned? On Google Earth you can see the ridiculousness of blocking the road half way down, when it's obvious from skid marks that determined locals have simply created a detour through the adjacent field in order to get around to the other end of the lane :D:D:D

Still blocked off down the navan road end alright, I wish they'd reopen it because it's a pain in the hole having to drive up the river road to access the m50 :pac:

The site itself, absolute shíthole really, the stories I could tell about certain residents - not even gangland related.

But it's the place they found a monkey in a cage in last year, I remember some local out and about that same evening roaring "Free the Monkey" all over the place. That was funny enough.

All through lockdown they were having karaoke nights etc, with a loud PA system too. "You gotta know when to hold em, know when to hold em, know when to walk away, know when to run, you never count your chickens when the're sitting on the table, there'll be time enough for dealing when the dealer's gone" :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dontsay

Was it PD s money the guards got in meath I thought he was locked up sorry for changing the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Watching a documentary there on Dublin gangsters. Was Wayne Harte from Kilbarrack (the Heroin Dealer) was he feared or respected back in the day? Never heard of him until 5 minutes ago but seems fairly serious.

What documentary was that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

I had no idea you could drive up the lane past the monkey yard and it connected with the motorway. Drive by every day and never knew that. Looked at it for the first time on google earth there I never knew the site was so big and it had permanent housing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MTKcleaners

The Mig wrote: »

Now who would they be working for, nod and wink. ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 153 ✭✭MrFlashy92

Now who would they be working for, nod and wink. ;)

I think that goes without saying at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Redmond has lost his way without bernards intellect to guide him.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/courts/gun-attacks-on-co-tyrone-home-allegedly-linked-to-250k-drug-debt-owed-to-dublin-based-criminals-39428697.html

Gun attacks on a Co Tyrone home are allegedly linked to a 250,000 euro drug debt owed to Dublin-based criminals, a court was told.
    Police claimed the house in Coalisland was targeted twice amid phone warnings to "cause damage" to a family living there if the money was not paid.

Details emerged as Dublin man Robert Redmond, 32, appeared at Belfast Magistrates' Court charged with threats to kill on dates between February 1 and July 2, 2019.

Redmond, of Woodview Close in the Donaghmede area, was arrested at a hotel on Tuesday after apparently travelling north for a night out.
    A detective said the case is connected to separate gun attacks on the Coalisland property in March and July last year.
    In the first incident a number of shots were fired through the windows of the house.

Police believe the attack was carried out because a member of the family living there was under threat from Dublin criminals.
    The alleged victim claims he had developed a friendship with Redmond after they met in Lanzarote, the court heard.
    But according to the detective their relationship deteriorated when Redmond held him responsible for a 250,000 euro drug debt.
    Threats to kill were allegedly made in WhatsApp messages, with one telling the man he had two weeks to pay and signed off "tick tock, tick tock".
    It was claimed that another message warned: "I'm going to cause damage to your family."

After shots were fired at the house for a second time the man allegedly received further telephone communication informing him he would be getting "five or six in the face".
    Defence solicitor Hamill Clawson insisted Redmond is only charged threats to kill, which are denied.

"He was released unconditionally in relation to the alleged shooting that occurred a year ago at the home address of the complainant," the lawyer said.
    Asked why his client was in Northern Ireland this week, Mr Clawson explained: "There's still a lockdown in the south, he came up to Belfast for a night out."
    Redmond was refused bail due to concerns he may not comply with any release conditions.
    District Judge Mark Hamill remanded him in custody to appear again next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Brave man there - Going to jail in the north for threats can go very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

6541 wrote: »
    Brave man there - Going to jail in the north for threats can go very wrong.

We know by now that it never ends well for Dublin lads who go up North

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bingowingz1888

Thats my hometown the house was shot up twice before the parents re-mortgaged their house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Thats my hometown the house was shot up twice before the parents re-mortgaged their house
    who owed the money?

Somebody will be very unhappy.

https://youtu.be/hutzNskO974

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

IRE60 wrote: »
    who owed the money?

Allegedly Stephen Gervin

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

What documentary was that ?

‘The feared Irish gangsters’ on YouTube. The channel name is Dark Crimes

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭UUJ_Lad

Allegedly Stephen Gervin

Yep, son. Was kicked out of the house after the first of such attacks.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bingowingz1888

He'll have a ball in maghaberry a complete ****hole the screws are secterian b******s who love the southerners lol

He'll have a ball in maghaberry a complete ****hole the screws are secterian b******s who love the southerners lol

And this lovely couple, might not want to go to a UK or Scottish jail, when the Scottish Narco brothers get lifted in Brazil after a nice tip from Danny MI5, to save his skin again, Interpol just landed their boys in Brazil, so watch the space.

tan3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

humberklog wrote: »
    Have to laugh, someone has been quick into KQ's Wiki to update it with this...

"K Q playing for Shelbourne smashing defender, always sniffed out the opposition. Some man to hold the line. Nickname: the dragon sponsored by LA gear. Mad for the persian rugs, become an international seller, mostly importing from Afghanistan."
    Now changed to the following

“He also engaged with the culture of the club too, picking up many tips as to how to become streetwise and build a career outside of football. This education is available to all Shelbourne players. In August 2020, it became clear xxxx listened while in these classes”

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AcerJacer

Are RR & BF on the Lawlor side, yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Noseygit wrote: »
    That's a different john noonan. The guy you are thinking of was a moneyman for the ra. He used to do security for Bono.

John was getting paid nicely from Marlo hyland every week when running CPAD in cabra.
    Then when he moved too finglas he was paying Dessie Ellis weekly too.
    John noon on actually signed a copy of his book for Marlo

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

AcerJacer wrote: »
    Are RR & BF on the Lawlor side, yea?

Complicated feud that. Wouldn't say its as simple as two sides but RR & BF would be against BIG anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I had no idea you could drive up the lane past the monkey yard and it connected with the motorway. Drive by every day and never knew that. Looked at it for the first time on google earth there I never knew the site was so big and it had permanent housing on it.

When you see it from driving southbound on the M50 it is a huge site full of green fields. Its actually astonishing the council havent sold off such valuable land for development. I wonder whats going on there, are they afraid of trying to get the travellers off it or what. Especially at a time of urban sprawl and people doing longer and longer commutes it seems madness to have such a huge site inside the M50 which is basically wasteland with a few horses grazing on it. Its like the council are scared to deal with it and put the land to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Muahahaha wrote: »
    When you see it from driving southbound on the M50 it is a huge site full of green fields. Its actually astonishing the council havent sold off such valuable land for development. I wonder whats going on there, are they afraid of trying to get the travellers off it or what. Especially at a time of urban sprawl and people doing longer and longer commutes it seems madness to have such a huge site inside the M50 which is basically wasteland with a few horses grazing on it. Its like the council are scared to deal with it and put the land to good use.

It’s a landfill from a previous rubbish dump - doubt you could build anything on it for a good few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Muahahaha wrote: »

Majority of that land is the old landfill you not be able do much with it all the same

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement