Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

It's been public knowledge for a long time that the Gardaí had secretly recorded the Monk and his friend Dowdall incriminating themselves when they were travelling to the north together.

Now that they have access to everything that was sent to and fro on criminals encrypted phones this is probably a factor in hoping to bring charges too.

Any links there?

Seen about Dowdall getting raided a while back but nothing about him and the Monk being bugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Eyes1 wrote: »
    Any links there?

Seen about Dowdall getting raided a while back but nothing about him and the Monk being bugged.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/what-the-monk-and-mary-lou-mcdonald-have-in-common-35785950.html

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cknfriedrice1

Haladmirer wrote: »
    So monk be gone eventually same as dk
    And crews on both sides too
    No winners in that 1 anyway

There is a lot of sympathy on this forum for the Hutch’s and to a certain extent I can understand why. However the reality is both the K’s and H’s are criminal gangs, both are involved in drug dealing, both have committed murders (retaliation still counts) and are not exactly saints. So agreed no winners, and if they all end up in the joy I am sure there will be not many tears shed from the locals of the NIC. I imagine they have all suffered as a result of the feud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Made in China 2040

It's been public knowledge for a long time that the Gardaí had secretly recorded the Monk and his friend Dowdall incriminating themselves when they were travelling to the north together.

Now that they have access to everything that was sent to and fro on criminals encrypted phones this is probably a factor in hoping to bring charges too.

The question is did they, get a court order for the bug, which is admissible In court, if they bugged them without a court order, it's inadmissible and was only for intelligence gathering at the time.

The most interesting part was the 4 plus the monk going to Krakow, Poland, less than two weeks before the attack at the Drumcondra hotel.

There's no smoking gun, everything against the monk is circumstantial.

This is high stake chess between the guards, the monk and cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Kh back walking around Cabra

• Advertisement

The question is did they, get a court order for the bug, which is admissible In court, if they bugged them without a court order, it's inadmissible and was only for intelligence gathering at the time.

The most interesting part was the 4 plus the monk going to Krakow, Poland, less than two weeks before the attack at the Drumcondra hotel.

Why is there a question about this?

Do you think some Garda just decided to do it on his own without going through the proper procedures?

It was a massive Garda operation and Dowdall was linked to the attack by his wife's credit card having been used to pay for one of the gunmen's room in the Regency the night before the murder.

Breaking into someone's private vehicle and placing a hidden listening device would be a serious crime if it wasn't authorised at the highest level and all things considered why would there have been any issue getting the authorisation?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cknfriedrice1

The SCC are always looking for a reason to read some sort of negativity into this type of activity. If this was a stag do activity fine, but if there is a high profile attack two weeks later they will see this as a dry run and intent and therefore with other circumstantial evidence as being guilty. Gone is the principle of innocence until proved guilty. In the eyes of the SCC it is guilty unless you can prove innocence.

Do you think some Garda just decided to do it on his own without going through the proper procedures?

It was a massive Garda operation and Dowdall was linked to the attack by his wife's credit card having been used to pay for one of the gunmen's room in the Regency the night before the murder.

Breaking into someone's private vehicle and placing a hidden listening device would be a serious crime if it wasn't authorised at the highest level and all things considered why would there have been any issue getting the authorisation?

There's the question because it's the Gardai, they were on the back foot even though they would have known before the papers reported that they tried to kill the monk in Lanzarote after Gary was killed, they don't always go by the book.

I get what you're saying, but would circumstancal evidence be enough for a international arrest warrant?
    The SCC are always looking for a reason to read some sort of negativity into this type of activity. If this was a stag do activity fine, but if there is a high profile attack two weeks later they will see this as a dry run and intent and therefore with other circumstantial evidence as being guilty. Gone is the principle of innocence until proved guilty. In the eyes of the SCC it is guilty unless you can prove innocence.

Totally get the above regarding the SCC, wasn't Patrick before the SCC too and that collapsed because of what members of AGS were up too?

Anyone see the twitter asking about a body found in coolock in the last 2 hours, there's a video of a body bag being carried.?

There's the question because it's the Gardai, they were on the back foot even though they would have known before the papers reported that they tried to kill the monk in Lanzarote after Gary was killed, they don't always go by the book.

I get what you're saying, but would circumstancal evidence be enough for a international arrest warrant?

Totally get the above regarding the SCC, wasn't Patrick before the SCC too and that collapsed because of what members of AGS were up too?

Anyone see the twitter asking about a body found in coolock in the last 2 hours, there's a video of a body bag being carried.?

I'm not sure if you understand what circumstantial evidence actually is, but if the DPP decides there is enough evidence to have a good chance of a successful prosecution then the person will be arrested and charged.

If the person is abroad then it's up to the Gardaí to sort out the paperwork so the suspect can be brought before the court.

I'm not sure if you understand what circumstantial evidence actually is, but if the DPP decides there is enough evidence to have a good chance of a successful prosecution then the person will be arrested and charged.

If the person is abroad then it's up to the Gardaí to sort out the paperwork so the suspect can be brought before the court.

Circumstantial evidence brings in reasonable doubt too as they've been on the back foot that from the get go, the DPP/guards didn't play by their own rule book and a case in the SCC was withdrawn, if they even get that far, ballymun is the same station that got the SCC case withdrawn.

I rest my case your honour.

• Advertisement

Circumstantial evidence brings in reasonable doubt too as they've been on the back foot that from the get go, the DPP/guards didn't play by their own rule book and a case in the SCC was withdrawn, if they even get that far, ballymun is the same station that got the SCC case withdrawn.

I rest my case your honour.

What did the DPP do wrong?

What did the DPP do wrong?

They went with a case they knew, was to try save face for the gardai as they knew something was going to happen but couldn't act upon it for whatever reasons, its been all trying to catch-up since than.

Cut from one and the same cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hazetheblaze

Wonder who the 4 that went with him were? Its mad the way all these boys put bullets in each other and carry on about there lives afterwards . I reckon my conscious and paranoia would eat me alive

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

Kh back walking around Cabra

Link to KH?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Holly Hoxed

John_D3 wrote: »
    Link to KH?

s://m.herald.ie/news/courts/hylands-nephew-is-jailed-for-gun-stash-27996306.html

Edit: Put http at the start of the link

They went with a case they knew, was to try save face for the gardai as they knew something was going to happen but couldn't act upon it for whatever reasons, its been all trying to catch-up since than.

Cut from one and the same cloth.

That's not what happened though.

The DPP went with the case based on the files that were prepared by the Gardai.

During the case the defence team were granted disclosure of all emails between the Gardaí involved in preparing the case files and that was when the whole thing fell apart.

The DPP acted in good faith and couldn't possibly have foreseen what was going to transpire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

He wont be fella calling the shots in that area any longer, if he ever was.
    Any lad not afraid of a fight will be looking to take his job now. Skinny nutjob.

Who said he was calling the shots? And what job is this you refer to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 420munky

John_D3 wrote: »
    Link to KH?
    Any proof KH is back or is it just hear say

• Registered Users Posts: 14 On the edge

I'm down in the sticks and back swimming in it again, was quiet for a few weeks but

I would drive to Timbucktoo at this stage. Dire situation out west

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Does Daniel kinahans sister run a shipping company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 On the edge

They did it to the O Loughlins in Galway. Would have got the nod from above if they had enough to convince the commanding officer.
    Gardaí have advanced their covert operations in recent years. Not to be underestimated

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Does Daniel kinahans sister run a shipping company?

Don’t know about that but there is another form of transport company outside Dublin that he is heavily invested in.

Ironically enough this company has been affected by CoVid for the past few months so I wonder if that presents a new set of problems for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Under the Criminal Justice Surveillance Bill Gardai are empowered to break into people's homes, buildings, cars etc and plant any listening or monitoring device that they so desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Under the Criminal Justice Surveillance Bill Gardai are empowered to break into people's homes, buildings, cars etc and plant any listening or monitoring device that they so desire.

Just like in the movies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

That’s why when you live in an apartment complex you should name your WiFi Garda Surveillance Unit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Ireland is either the first or second on the list of countries where cops do the most covert surveillance like fone taps and bugs and they always have been,nothing new
    It's from the times of the troubles
    Figures are available online
    Legit permission given for 100s of bugs and 1000s of fone taps every year

• Registered Users Posts: 38 The enlightened one

420munky wrote: »
    Any proof KH is back or is it just hear say

I doubt it. He is wanted in relation to a very serious offense and would get picked up straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,214 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Davidplat wrote: »
    Apparently the guy who attacked the bin man works for a well known employer in a high enough position

Indeed he does

An individual like the one in that video would need to somehow manage to give a strategic account of their actions in order to escape conviction

• Registered Users Posts: 3 420munky

I doubt it. He is wanted in relation to a very serious offense and would get picked up straight away.
    Thats exactly what i was thinking , so very curious as to why somebody would say he walking around cabra , he wont want to be back here , he be straight in the joy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Davidplat wrote: »
    Apparently the guy who attacked the bin man works for a well known employer in a high enough position
    He’s a sales rep, not high up at all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement